B Section 2010 - Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
clean up of ROUND 12:

HR completed two wins for the season against OE.
Clean sweep also to OH over MHSOB.
2 wins for the season for OC over UB.:eek:
And a home win each for OI v ST K and OAKS v ST B

Looking ahead to Round 13 (which is the contra week to Round 6):

Previously:

Away win by OC over OH by 31.:)
Away win by OI over UB by 28.:(
Home win for MH against OE by 33.
Home win for HR against ST B by 33.
Home win for ST K over OAK by 29.

Let us see if there are similar margins this week.

OC by 34
UB by 43
OE by 32
StB by 22
Skob by 23

It'll be interesting to see how the OEG-MHSOB game pans out, seeing both teams have only 1 win for the season and are heading to Premier C next year. However, that game won't be as interesting as the Old Carey-Old Haileybury game will be-top of the table match, and a possible 2nd semi final preview. Whcih team would come out on top in this one?

Another massive round as we head into the second break. And aain a couple of eight-pointers:
Old Carey vs Old Haileybury
Old Ivanhoe vs University Blacks
Old Essendon vs MHSOB
St Bernards vs Hampton Rovers
Oakleigh vs St Kevins
A bit of aworry picking all the home teams, but ........

It looks like tomorrow is going to be an ugly weather day....we will only have 2 at the top after this week.

Old Carey V Old Haileybury - King to play??
Old Ivanhoe V Uni Blacks - Will make it tough for the Blacks - where is Owen?
Old Essendon V MHSOB - Surely this time
St Bernards V Hampton Rovers - No love lost here - Lossa's moon boot is an issue
Oakleigh V St Kevins - Tough to beat at home from what I hear, so we need to be at our best.

Old Carey V Old Haileybury
Old Ivanhoe V Uni Blacks
Old Essendon V MHSOB - I don't believe the High are a better side, but have an inkling this might not be OEG's day.
St Bernards V Hampton Rovers
Oakleigh V St Kevins

Old Ivanhoe V Uni Blacks
Old Essendon V MHSOB
Oakleigh V St Kevins

Old IvanhoeV Uni Blacks
Old Essendon V MHSOB
Oakleigh V St Kevins

Old IvanhoeV Uni Blacks
Old Essendon V MHSOB
Oakleigh V St Kevins

good luck to the ressies backmen from OH who have to line up on DK...
id just sit him in the square personally
dont think he could have much impact at his age (but will see)

middle of oakleighs ground is a pig slop... tommy s will no doubt be in everything. Very big game for skob... stop bromley and youll be halfway to winning. Very competetive team oakleigh... honest and have a good hard crack. make sure all the skob ppl go in for an ice cold pot after the game regardless of the result, you wont be disappointed!

hardest game to pick i think is OI v blacks... one team recovering from a lot of injuries, and one have had some key blokes out. Whetherleys inclusion will be the differnce i think

good luck to all
mL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OC - Would love to see L McQueen on Voss, would be an unbelievable battle all day.
OI - only if Weatherley plays
OEG - Won't change who's going to C grade
HR - Upset of the round
Skob - will love the muddy track

good luck to the ressies backmen from OH who have to line up on DK...
id just sit him in the square personally
dont think he could have much impact at his age (but will see)

middle of oakleighs ground is a pig slop... tommy s will no doubt be in everything. Very big game for skob... stop bromley and youll be halfway to winning. Very competetive team oakleigh... honest and have a good hard crack. make sure all the skob ppl go in for an ice cold pot after the game regardless of the result, you wont be disappointed!

hardest game to pick i think is OI v blacks... one team recovering from a lot of injuries, and one have had some key blokes out. Whetherleys inclusion will be the differnce i think

good luck to all
mL

Yep, our website is shot, the President's Lunch is a hotdog:p eaten on the run between odd jobs - but the beers are cold:) and our supporters are happy.:thumbsu:

Ivanhoe gaawn. A Costellosless Uni should have been a breeze at home.

Carey whipped Hail after conceding first 3 goals of the game. Clear favs now.

Skevvies great win. Oakleigh have Carey at Carey next rd and suddenly look shaky.

Bernies had to win at home and did. Rovers season finished.

Other two are playing C Next year so who cares about today.

woowoolast.jpg

As with week 7, this week commenced with a rush of good natured posts on a variety of topics all of which made for interesting reading. There was a minor deviation from the straight and narrow for a short period with some amusing personal kidding around. However,the forum soon returned to congenial lively stimulating exchanges with the noxious quotient dropping to zero due to another Red Card issued to the Forum Flog Sufferer

The highly credentialed independent assessor was chuffed to see the return of OTP with some tasty comments and the prompt posting of the much sought-after tipping ratings. Just why BF has decided on reducing image sizes and therefore readability is mystifying. Scribe's decision to restrict the time he spends wistfully gazing across the bay from his coastal castle and chime in with some characteristically informative comments was also a source of cheerfulness for the insightful one.

Max Leader, vaffaman and Jascave continued with their impressive form and the return of Plumber49 gave the forum a lift with some customary thoughtful comment. With no disruptive influence, the forum hummed throughout the week and with so many making contributions of value the insightful one had quite some difficulty in selecting the pre-eminent poster this week. After careful thought he couldn't separate Plumber49 and OTP.

The highly credentialed independent assessor considers his insightful comments should be held in abeyance for a week or so seeing the forum is purring along so beautifully. He does, however, intend keeping a watchful eye over what he considers to be the most interesting VAFA forum.

Play on!

The loss to St Bernards could well come back to haunt the Rovers, if they start a winning run between now & Round 18. In fact it could be the vital nail in the coffin as far as playing in Premier B finals is concerned. How the Rovers respond to the loss will be interesting to see from here on in.

Let's get some clarity here on the Big Footy Hampton Rovers forum, 6 wins and 7 losses does not cut it for finals. However, I'm sure that you HR people have enjoyed the year a lot more, and the fact OEG and MHSOB have both had a deplorable year has ensured that you get to enjoy the last 5 weeks of the season, unlike last year. Well done on consolidating in B, I'm sure you will continue to get stronger as the years go on.

also how would you feel if you wasted every Sunday sitting at your computer typing out a meaningless research (woowoo) report and no one gives it any oxygen!.

First 2 reports great fun, and now its just a nothing piece of meaningless crap.

Anyway, whilst everyone else has a life on a Sunday I'm sure the troll who contributes nothing else to the threads ,will be at his PC next week to type out another meaningless report.

We want you to keep it up as its great to ensure at least one hoon is off our streets each Sunday.

next week we will be measuring it against the "Drogan Hats"

Let's get some clarity here on the Big Footy Hampton Rovers forum, 6 wins and 7 losses does not cut it for finals. However, I'm sure that you HR people have enjoyed the year a lot more, and the fact OEG and MHSOB have both had a deplorable year has ensured that you get to enjoy the last 5 weeks of the season, unlike last year. Well done on consolidating in B, I'm sure you will continue to get stronger as the years go on.

a few cards for oakleigh yesterday brian?

ridicolous wind at the snakepit yesterday... just impossible.
great win

think it tipped 5... a marked improvement from my quacker earlier in the year (thanks blacks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back