Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

In the cold light of day I’ve had time to reflect and I’m really proud of our effort yesterday. The pressure we applied in the first half was sensational.

Carlton only managed to get on top with a massive amount of umpire assistance.

In previous years we would have dropped our heads but yesterday we fought it out rather than letting it become a rout.

The umpiring definitely influenced the outcome of the game. We were very unlucky not to come away with a win but I’m immensely proud of our team and very bullish about the direction we’re heading.

Unless Cunners was injured, it was the wrong decision to sub him out. They should have sent him to the forward line where we know he can do damage.
Should have subbed Larkey out and used Cunners to set up a Mitchell like (for Hawks last week) forward line I reckon.

Come on, I like your views l, but not this. He was on one leg and tried his guts out. He was clearly injured yesterday. I don’t doubt him for a second….. I still can’t get the bloody umpiring out of my head
The best way to lose games of footy in the modern era is to keep players with injuries on the ground (especially those affecting running and jumping). We did that for 3 quarters and so had 17 fit men on the ground.

I don't blame Larkey, that decision sits squarely on the coaches. Players will almost always say they're OK when they're not for fear of looking weak. How the coaches couldn't see how hampered and ineffective he was in the air and on the ground is unbelievable. It's not the 1970s when you can park an injured player in the goalsquare.

And the AFL don't say, 'oh Larkey was injured but bravely played on, North essentially had 17 men on the ground for 3 quarters so we'll give you an extra 6 goals'. No they give you a sub but even then we substituted a fit player (and to add insult arguably our best player over the last 5 years) instead of the crippled Larkey.

Big mistake by the coaching staff.

The most disappointing part of yesterday was that we were robbed of a great contest. This one could of, and should of, been a great game right to the siren.

When the Bulldogs won their GF in 2016, the AFL said it would be great for the competition if the Tigers did similar and "surprisingly" they did the following year. If the AFL wants to increase revenue then getting the Blues in the finals and ideally a GF is an outcome they want. Unfortunately for us, it was our turn to be the bunny that helps get their outcome.

Take a look at most professional sports in the world, they help those they want to showcase.

As far as being the collateral damage to the AFL showcasing their pet project, our boys played some great footy and deserved a fairly adjudicated game.

only realistic change for turner is mahony and its hardly like trading up. it points out that we still have a bit of trading to do to get the list up to scratch to compete at the top end of the table, simply dont have the cattle to mount a realistic campaign yet. .
I am not a fan of either, but if I had to choose 1 it'd defo be Turner. Mahoney is currently stinking it up in the 2's, and that's being more than fair. I'd rather player Archer forward.

Should have subbed Larkey out and used Cunners to set up a Mitchell like (for Hawks last week) forward line I reckon.
Must have been a tactical thing. Clarko mentioned Larkey got a clip to his hip early on in the game. He also said he took Cunners off because he had 0 centre clearances in 3 qtrs, which wasn't good enough.

Cat Bap GIF

Wrong

Bbb could be either of these

I love how the armchair experts know more than our medical and coaching staff.

Obviously he was hampered but he was assessed by medical experts and they deemed he was okay to continue playing.
So you think Larkey was moving freely, competing well in marking contests and manning up when we didn't have it? You don't think he was holding his hip and pulling up short?

Obviously you didn't watch the game pal. Blind Freddy could see how injured he was.

So you think Larkey was moving freely, competing well in marking contests and manning up when we didn't have it? You don't think he was holding his hip and pulling up short?

Obviously you didn't watch the game pal. Blind Freddy could see how injured he was.

Try reading what I posted.

Of course I watched it and clearly stated Larkey was hampered.

No matter how much you claim it you don’t know more than you medical/coaching staff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Umpiring was a factor but Logue and BMac out were the 80% factor
If we'd kicked goals instead of behinds on ten more occasions we'd have won despite the umpires and the lack of KPDs.

So on one level we only have ourselves to blame, on another if we can fix our goal kicking by next season then we're in good shape.

yeah but look at the champion data points!

:sternlook
Lol, did he hit a new record ?...... -35. I commented somewhere in here - i got thread lost for a bit and was all over the joint like a mad womans sh1t - but this is a bloke who has played 41 AFL games and other than an infrequent handball or shot at goal, is offering little more than an annoying half arsed obstacle. Imo.

2HzeTd.gif

Try reading what I posted.

Of course I watched it and clearly stated Larkey was hampered.

No matter how much you claim it you don’t know more than you medical/coaching staff.
You didn't need to 'know' anything to see that Larkey was injured/hampered - call it whatever you want - and a liability to the side. You didn't need the medical staff's views to see how ineffective he was. And you don't need to be a medical expert or coach to see when a player isn't moving properly and shouldn't be on the ground.

You didn't need to 'know' anything to see that Larkey was injured/hampered - call it whatever you want - and a liability to the side. You didn't need the medical staff's views to see how ineffective he was. And you don't need to be a medical expert or coach to see when a player isn't moving properly and shouldn't be on the ground.
Quarter by quarter stats might tell the story.

The best way to lose games of footy in the modern era is to keep players with injuries on the ground (especially those affecting running and jumping). We did that for 3 quarters and so had 17 fit men on the ground.

I don't blame Larkey, that decision sits squarely on the coaches. Players will almost always say they're OK when they're not for fear of looking weak. How the coaches couldn't see how hampered and ineffective he was in the air and on the ground is unbelievable. It's not the 1970s when you can park an injured player in the goalsquare.

And the AFL don't say, 'oh Larkey was injured but bravely played on, North essentially had 17 men on the ground for 3 quarters so we'll give you an extra 6 goals'. No they give you a sub but even then we substituted a fit player (and to add insult arguably our best player over the last 5 years) instead of the crippled Larkey.

Big mistake by the coaching staff.

Maybe that's why they gave Carlton an extra 6 goals.

I'm OK with it. Better to have that extra 20k person gate revenue vs leaving those seats empty.
Especially when the media ‘experts’ are judging on us retaining the fixture by crowd attendance every 5 minutes..

Nothing like a hard gym session to reduce one’s anger

I am angry about

McKay being injured again
Logue being suspended
Our draft picks pre 21 ish
Thomas - dickhead, so need him in the side, get Sheezel fwd
Larkey getting injured
Losing
Xerri being injured

I’m happy about
Zurhaar
Sheezel
LDU
Simpkin
Losing ( means I give a **** again
Comben
Tucker
LMaC
JZ
Etc

Yeah plenty to like but I honestly thought we’d win.

Am pissed off still, **** this shite

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Autopsy vs Carlton & the Umpires

Remove this Banner Ad

Back