Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

lasher said:
who gives a toss , there all no talent teenybopper hacks , the show is garbage , the judges are di##heads and the show hosts are both losers...

riveting tv for mindless people with no idea about music...

Pretty good summary of a very plastic show infested with talentless hacks.

I saw it for the first time sunday night.

Two fat ********s and a midget. They will be lucky to last as long as Scott Caine.

The midget to win in a canter...fatties don't sell records.

I was very happy to see Casey get through. For a 16-year-old, this is a great effort, good on her. Again, since I can't stand Anthony, I'll be hoping Casey wins, although maybe we should be hoping for the other way around because usually the runner-up of Idol becomes more famous than the winner. But just to see the look on his face, I'd like to see Anthony lose.

I hate to think this is the best we have to offer in Australia for talent.Then again its a cometition runwith the express aim of selling records.They get the tweenys to vote to see who they like,thus will buy records from.

Thus the shrimp will win,boy band crap and all.

Sniper26 said:
toilethumor-courtney_murphy.jpg
thats fantasitic.

3 votes to sniper

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Yes they do.......Mama Casey is the new Mama Cass.

Cass.jpg

Mama Cass tribute

She should do a Mamas and Papas song in the final! Would be all class and a right middle finger to the anti-fatty brigade. Or she could do Wierd Al!!:)

Jumpin' Jimmy said:
Might help explain her great dress sense. Dig the shoes.

Idols.jpg

Actually looking at that picture and the one from his first audition, Courtney's lost a lot of weight.

Casey would actually do a really good version of "Dream A Little Dream Of Me"

lasher said:
who gives a toss , there all no talent teenybopper hacks , the show is garbage , the judges are di##heads and the show hosts are both losers...

riveting tv for mindless people with no idea about music...

what he said.. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are wrongly looking at performances and talent influencing 11 year old girls voting decisions. When there are only a handful left these girls have already decided who their favourite is. Ironically a bad performance may bring on a deluge of voting whereby kids are thinking that "she needs my vote this week."

I think one of the reasons Chanel got so far was that she was consistently in the bottom three and hence her fanbase had a better turnout rate. The one week after she is not in the bottom 3 and they decide she'll be alright this week and nobody votes.

So now to Anthony and Casey. Anthony has a much larger fan base but a lower voting turnout percentage. Maybe with this being the final the turnout rate will be much higher?

But I can just imagine that for every 5 girls voting for anthony that one overweight little girl is making 5 votes on her own.

The other thing to look out for is who do Courtneys voters turn to.

Anthony is a very strong favourite but Casey looks good value.

RooBunny said:
Actually looking at that picture and the one from his first audition, Courtney's lost a lot of weight.

Yeah.
You can't say the same about Casey though! Christ almighty.
I'm not a fat knocker by any means but that weight, for a 16-year-old no less, is very unhealthy.

This may just be me, but I really cant tell what is a good performance or not, it all sounds the same to me, I really wonder how people would vote without the judges telling them what to do, can 13 year olds really tell what a good musical performance is? These are the people buying Britney Spears and NSynch CDs.

NICK THE PIE MAN said:
Yeah.
You can't say the same about Casey though! Christ almighty.
I'm not a fat knocker by any means but that weight, for a 16-year-old no less, is very unhealthy.

Thats true i dont know or have seen anyone my age with the same body size as her.

Although Im not much of a Guy Sebastian fan, he did do very well as an Idol, he was able to do his interviews and had a personality. On the world Idol show, he did very well and represented Australia well.

I cannot imagine Casey being able to do the same, she has no communication skills what so ever and always looks like a grumpy teenager. She may have the voice (i dont think so, bores me to tears) but she is not ready for such a huge thing. I think she is just a ticking time bomb, I dont think she will cope at all.

So i guess this means Anthony should be the winner but only by default, personally I think this series has been terrible, and hope they do not do another series.

when its all said and done what you gotta ask yourseld is .....

who would you want to be singing the national anthem at the Grand Final - cos that is where they will end up

answer is a no-brainer !!!!!

:rolleyes:

mulhollanddrive said:
This may just be me, but I really cant tell what is a good performance or not, it all sounds the same to me, I really wonder how people would vote without the judges telling them what to do, can 13 year olds really tell what a good musical performance is? These are the people buying Britney Spears and NSynch CDs.

My goodness! You're not the only one..I agree with you LOL...I have no idea about all this pitching, notes and ******** like that....I basically go by who looks comfortable when they're singing and if I like the song LOL.

BTW, I don't vote....waste my money on someone elses life :p

A workmate has 2 teenage girls who vote.I have teenage boys, who don't watch let alone vote.

Sandi's daughters both hate Anthony,and voted for Courtney,go figure.She said they will be voting for the girl now,as she is the only girl left.....

No idea how teenage girls think, on this or anything.Even though I was on once.

I r just old.

Anthony Young talent time school boys will win but I thought courtney was hard done by.

who knows The nerves might get to the Anthony and casey might have a surpise win but don't think so.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back