Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

X_box_X said:
The votes, in some way, were an unjustice towards Natalie. If someone is threatened by Natalie (or Rikki Lee last year), then they have their own little ways on how to vote them out. I know it seems fair fetched...
Interesting theory, but what do you mean by "they have their own little ways"... do you mean the producers of the show? And who is threatened? The other contestants? The judges?

Could you elaborate? :)

luke2177 said:
Interesting theory, but what do you mean by "they have their own little ways"... do you mean the producers of the show? And who is threatened? The other contestants? The judges?

Could you elaborate? :)
I don't think it would be the producers of the show. I mean those who vote. It is possible to send thousands of votes without it costing a cent if you do it the write way - there are plenty of free sms websites around. The contestants and their family members are obviously threatened by the singers who have a good chance of winning, so they all work together to vote for the other contestants in order to eliminate those who may be a threat.

X_box_X said:
I don't think it would be the producers of the show. I mean those who vote. It is possible to send thousands of votes without it costing a cent if you do it the write way - there are plenty of free sms websites around. The contestants and their family members are obviously threatened by the singers who have a good chance of winning, so they all work together to vote for the other contestants in order to eliminate those who may be a threat.

..........hence Casey Donovan winning last year.

Centrelinks phone bill must have been through the roof! ;)

Was I hearing things or did Milly say its a dream of hers to sing at the MCG? Pa-leease! what a croc of ....... betchya her dream was to rich and famous.

I was at Federation Square today for the Australian Idol Concert as part of AFL Grand Final week. It was great concert. But I was one of the lucky ones to get in as they let in only 7000 people I spoke to a secruity person afterwards and they tell me around 50000 people were turned away as they were scared of a crush.

Here is how the concert went in order, all singing 2 songs each.
Anthony Callea,Casey Donovan,Shannon Noll,Guy Sebastian,Mark Holden and the 13 finalists all together. The concert lasted just over 1 hour.

I think if they are going to do this next year they may have to find a bigger venue like the Sidney Myer Music Bowl or something like that.

If anyone on this thread enjoys the performances by this gander of
Young talent time mousketeers you're simply stupid suburban sihtmen
that support bad talent and false dreams as an acceptable part of society.

Very sad.

I guess if you're 12 or under then it's fine.

MRobbo said:
I was at Federation Square today for the Australian Idol Concert as part of AFL Grand Final week. It was great concert. But I was one of the lucky ones to get in as they let in only 7000 people I spoke to a secruity person afterwards and they tell me around 50000 people were turned away as they were scared of a crush.

Here is how the concert went in order, all singing 2 songs each.
Anthony Callea,Casey Donovan,Shannon Noll,Guy Sebastian,Mark Holden and the 13 finalists all together. The concert lasted just over 1 hour.

I think if they are going to do this next year they may have to find a bigger venue like the Sidney Myer Music Bowl or something like that.

Get your hand off it...

jmorg1 said:
You mean Casey Donovan still exists? I was thinking maybe she'd given up singing to be the new face of Jenny Craig commercials.

Saw her on Inside Idol the other night and was honestly repulsed by her slovenly appearance.

:eek:

I came across Idol in my downtime the other night, anyone sick of this blatant advertising? I mean, the nescafe mug I can handle, but the shameless LG or watever laptop that is clearly doing nothing on the desk? Come on!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

sdb4884 said:
5 Queen songs to be performed tommorow... might actually watch now. Better not butcher them... :mad:
What is tonight's theme? Queen is my favourite band from the 80s, so I am looking forward to it also.

sdb4884 said:
5 Queen songs to be performed tommorow... might actually watch now. Better not butcher them... :mad:
LMAOOOOO-Good Luck.

John Foreman is the worst,most spineless of MDs I havve ever heard working in commercial music.

As for the contestants,LMAOOOOOOOOOO

The theme is supergroups. I've avioded Oz Idol like the plague, but i'll make an exception tonight.

The Queen songs to be sung/butchered are 'Somebody to Love', 'I Want it All', 'We are the Champions', 'Bohemian Rhapsody' and 'We Will Rock You'.

Eriiin said:
Bohemian Rhapsody was absolutely mauled.

A ********ing disgrace
Some songs should never ever ever ever ever ever ever be touched.
Most of them are Queen songs.
Out of all the songs in the world that should never be performed by someone other than the person who originally performed it Bohemian Rhapsody tops the list.
I am not a fan of reality TV (nothing against it though) and have never visited this board, but I caught this performance tonight and had to come on to register my complete and utter disgust. She will only be saved by the fact that there were plenty worse than her tonight (the chick who tried Silverchair).

Just starting in the west... that dreadlock guy was average with WWRY... Kyle is a moron. "Why did you only have the band come in at the end?" Arrrgggghhhh!!!

This is my opinion on tonight...

Lee was the best of the night... turning Roxanne into a bit of rock was very original. i sorta think he's the Millsy of Series 3... Not the best voice but always a pretty good performance.

Laura, Laura, Laura, oh dear... she murdered The Greatest View... and she always has this weird happy smirk on her face all the time, she was a shocker. :eek:

I have to say I didn't really like Emilys performance or Bohemian Rhapsody either... as it was chopped to bits, How could you enjoy it like that?

What a stupid comment by KYLE about Kate's ARMS!! Didn't anyone notice them, until Kyle actaully said anything???? Eff-head.

I'm surprised none of the girls tried some rock chick group type songs, I was thinking Blondie or Joan Jett (even though she's not in a band).. I dunno too many picking Queen classic songs, was not the go for me.

Milly has no go in her, and didn't do 'Somebody to Love' justice.
I even thought Ann could've gone harder with her U2 song...

Really all of what Mark Holden said was right tonight (he making more sense by the week, apart from his silly old fart lingo!), this is the top 10 but you wouldn't think it.

Oh and I still cannot stand that Daniel dude.. (Too wannabe Shannon Noel-ish - in a bad way!)

Laura/Milly or Roxanne to go next...
Funny if most of the chicks go every week, maybe not enough teenage boys voting!

Once again, Holden is the real 'star' of AI.

Might act like a clown but he's always spot-on with his assessments.

If only the contestants would take on board what he says.

Because last night they were very ordinary.

Remove this Banner Ad

Australian Idol 2005 - Official thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back