Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
AFL.com.au has reported that Tony Armstrong is yet to accept the Adelaide offer and is considering his future

A contract offer has been with Tony for two weeks and he is yet to accept with his manager saying that he needs time to talk to his family to consider his future

So? If someone offered me a multiyear contract, I'd take a couple of weeks to mull it over.

ffs i think we need to sack goofy phil. he couldn't convince me to take my dog for a walk. we need some ripper draft picks from the exodus or we are screwed for a decade.

if we do see the exodus people are fearing this year then I think Harper may be in trouble. If he is in charge of negotiating contracts then his ability to retain players would have to be a KPI or whatever.

if we do see the exodus people are fearing this year then I think Harper may be in trouble. If he is in charge of negotiating contracts then his ability to retain players would have to be a KPI or whatever.

If I was a player out of contract I would have no doubt in my mind that I would wait for to see who the new coach is before I made a decision, especially if I am a fringe player and not in the so called best 22. You can not blame Harper for the players requesting trade.

Maric is leaving because he is destined to be in the SANFL next season and will only get games on the basis Jacob's is injured.

No other players on the list outside of rumours have decided to leave. Just relax as no decisions will really be made until the new coach is appointed.

For all we know Scott Burns and Mark Neeld have every intention of trading guys like Armstrong and possibly Gunston as they have plans to try and attract top SA talent back home. you never know.

Maybe the kids all loved Craig. I remember when Mervyn Keane got sacked at Sturt three of our best players went to other clubs out of spite.

Didn't they make the finals and then he was sacked? If our players loved Craig so much they would have played that way.

I highly doubt Craigy love has anything to do with Armstrong's potential departure, in fact I'd put money on Armstrong not getting a game at all this season if Neil finished off the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh well... Could be a fun game to guess what our Rd 1 team will look like next year...:rolleyes:

This is as much a natural weeding out process as anything. You want committed players. If they're not willing to band together now, I wouldn't want them out there representing us in a crunch finals situation. It's character revealing.

If you're not with it 100% Armo, **** off. :thumbsu:

This is as much a natural weeding out process as anything. You want committed players. If they're not willing to band together now, we're just as likely to see that type of trait emerge in an important final.

If you're not with it 100% Armo, **** off. :thumbsu:

that as well.

but also, he really isn't that good.

People needn't get upset when your b graders get a bit nancy pants about re-signing into a team that they are unlikely to play first 22 in.

that being said ruscy002 - who would you rather see in the team? Armstrong or Matty J?

that appears to be the two alternatives.

Special J for sure, but it's not quite that simple as far as I'm concerned. Armstrong is easily one of our better users of the ball, I'd personally be trying to fit as many guys like him and Jaensch in the team as possible.

Certainly not cut up about him possibly leaving though. We've got more pressing needs than soft outside half backs. Apart from our midfield situation, I'd love us to target a Torney/Massie type experienced medium defender, big hole in our defence IMO.

Wouldnt be a gunston like loss for mine, Tambling and Jeansch easily make up for armstrong.

Still rather him here though, has a fair bit of upside if he gets himself right.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back