altonapiefan

Debutant
Sep 27, 2005
Altona Meadows
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
VFL Magpies
Maybe it's because they have been away or just not enough quality for PSD, time will only tell. Will be interesting to see if Pies invite anyone for training. Problem is everyone available seems to be training already. I know it doesn't stop a player being picked up by another club (always happens). But with Blues commiting to Mclaren next available if there if they want. Like Hawks, Pies seem commited to young players. Not only that, Ellis is not a certainty as many people seem to think, personally Josh Kennedy would be my pick.
Any thoughts.

I just read on another thread that a Davidson is training with Pies. This may be Tom Davidson who has been so unlucky with injuries and we delisted. Would not be a bad move to get him back via PSD if no one else available.

altonapiefan said:
I just read on another thread that a Davidson is training with Pies. This may be Tom Davidson who has been so unlucky with injuries and we delisted. Would not be a bad move to get him back via PSD if no one else available.

Great idea. Or you could just re-sign him.

altonapiefan said:
Will get picked up as a rookie in the rookie draft.

Im guessing they will have one pick up their sleeve.
the pies have stated they are looking for youth so on the other hand i wouldn't be suprised if they don't enter. Unless thier is some obvious value in the PSD, which there may be with Bartel, why would they piues take a 20+ year old who has already had the flick by another club??
Hey, if they enter and see there is not much, why not pick another kid???

there doesnt seem to be anyone out there to grab at pick 2. itll be a bold move to grab someone coz it wont be any big name like bartel, itll be a middle of the road player who we dont need, or, who we would rather pick a kid up instead of.

jimmy_clement#8 said:
there doesnt seem to be anyone out there to grab at pick 2. itll be a bold move to grab someone coz it wont be any big name like bartel, itll be a middle of the road player who we dont need, or, who we would rather pick a kid up instead of.

Well said. I agree totally. Do u still think will have a pick availabe just in case??? Or will they go all out in the national

I would think we'll pass on pick #53 in the ND, because while we could lose out on a young player we might want to draft there with the few picks that will take place after that, that will be tempered by the fact that we can keep our options open.

While a young kid or two that we might have wanted at #53 could get drafted on us, we can have players train with us before the PSD, which means we can make a much more informed decision and compare them with any experienced veterans we might be looking at.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
I would think we'll pass on pick #53 in the ND, because while we could lose out on a young player we might want to draft there with the few picks that will take place after that, that will be tempered by the fact that we can keep our options open..

Correct.

Besides, any young player we might want with 53 is likely to be still available to pick up on the rookie list. We'll definitely use the PSD not pick 53, especially as Carlton has already committed to its first pick, leaving us with effectively the first choice in the PSD.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hotpie said:
Correct.

Besides, any young player we might want with 53 is likely to be still available to pick up on the rookie list. We'll definitely use the PSD not pick 53, especially as Carlton has already committed to its first pick, leaving us with effectively the first choice in the PSD.
Even if it's not the rookie draft, that's a possibility. If, like, with Carlton last year, we decide that there's not any options in the PSD that we like, we can always draft a kid in the PSD.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Even if it's not the rookie draft, that's a possibility. If, like, with Carlton last year, we decide that there's not any options in the PSD that we like, we can always draft a kid in the PSD.

Correct. So unless there's somebody we really really really want at 53, or unless we delist another player, there's a high probability we'll pass on 53. We already have five picks up to 37 anyway.

Dont forget we could still delist one more.
personally - I would have delisted Rowe rather than re-sign him. Armstrong would be a much better bet than Rowe.

I think i have said this before on the pies board and am probably way behind but has Woey been official de-listed yet????

licuria4life said:
Rowe isnt going anywhere, still plenty of improvement, give the kid a chance hes still only played a handful of games.

He aint the answer - we would be far better off with Armstrong. Rowe is one paced, a poor kick and makes quetionable decisions.

pick a quiality player who missed out on antional draft day , who may be an early pick next season or and 18 year old

vinnie_vegas69 said:

Looks like my question was relevant :) as Collingwood are not sure about PSD as well, Neil Balme on the Collingwood site says:

“The decision we have to make on that is whether or not we take that pick into the pre-season draft. But we are limited there at not being able to select a 17 year old – it has to be at least an 18 year old.

“Do we take a younger player at pick 53, or do we take that pick into the pre-season draft? We will certainly know before draft day what our plan will be.

“It’s unlikely at this stage that there will be a windfall out-of-contract player who is available and of interest to us. Our intention is to draft younger kids who will be with us for a long time.”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back