Team Mgmt. An early crack at 2017 best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Leuenberger clearly last in terms of stats....

But Luey played deep forward in a basket case of a side quite often last year. That would have impacted his stats considerably.

Luey is our 1st ruck and by some distance I believe.

But Luey played deep forward in a basket case of a side quite often last year. That would have impacted his stats considerably.

Luey is our 1st ruck and by some distance I believe.

yeah fair enough - I didn't see much of him at the lions last year and if hes had to play forward instead of his natural game in the ruck that would have impacted stats for sure. still think Smack deserves a crack though - let TBell & Leuy fight over second position...

Leuenberger clearly last in terms of stats....
They played him as a full-forward last year, which is why he wanted to leave, he is a potential AA ruckman.
Bellchambers is good when he's not whinging about injury.
McKernan is an extremely tall midfielder.

iS tHiS a CrAzY TroLl ThR34DDDDDD

They played him as a full-forward last year, which is why he wanted to leave, he is a potential AA ruckman.
Bellchambers is good when he's not injured.
McKernan is an extremely tall midfielder.
Fixed :thumbsu:

I reckon it'll be Luey and Bellchambers with McKernan missing out. Bellchambers was better when he was second ruck to Ryder and played more forward.

Another way to put it (given most would agree Luey looks like being no 1 at the moment): who is the better/gives most value forward/backup ruck out of Belly and McKernan?
I'd side with smack at this point .... Very impressed with what he did in 2015, including vfl.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another way to put it (given most would agree Luey looks like being no 1 at the moment): who is the better/gives most value forward/backup ruck out of Belly and McKernan?
I'd side with smack at this point .... Very impressed with what he did in 2015, including vfl.
. I say Daniher, but nobody ever listens to me.

. I say Daniher, but nobody ever listens to me.
But rucking ...
I guess the issue has been, apart from being poor so far in the ruck, it has seemed to be a risk to test his durability in the ruck when he has been our only genuine KPF... Daniher is a weird beast, hard to say exactly what he'll become; hopefully with more support that'll will pave the way for him further push his leading/jumping/marking/derp-fist-pumping/50+goals a year agenda.

In terms of balance Leuenberger as first ruck with Mckernan giving 5 minutes of relief ruck work each quarter is probably the best combo. I think Mckernan will end up being a much better forward than Bellchambers. Bellchambers may kick as many goals as Mckernan (if played up forward) but will do far less around the ground. I think Leuenberger is just a better tap ruckman albeit nothing special around the ground. However after a year of getting trashed in the hitouts - i just want a ruckman that can actually win the hitouts and then i'll back the mids to do the other work.

But rucking ...
I guess the issue has been, apart from being poor so far in the ruck, it has seemed to be a risk to test his durability in the ruck when he has been our only genuine KPF... Daniher is a weird beast, hard to say exactly what he'll become; hopefully with more support that'll will pave the way for him further push his leading/jumping/marking/derp-fist-pumping/50+goals a year agenda.
Yeah, I have faith that as he matures he could begin to have a real impact for us in the middle of the ground, but he is sadly lacking in ruck experience at present. I think he's smart enough, tall enough, and he'll get stronger.

Smack is just such a versatile player. Extremely agile when the ball hits the deck for a man his size.
Very hard match up given his reach when contested marking. Provides ruck relief.
Also he's a bloke who's been delisted. Every game is something he doesn't take for granted.
#smackthesaviour

I reckon it'll be Luey and Bellchambers with McKernan missing out. Bellchambers was better when he was second ruck to Ryder and played more forward.
For me it depends on whether TBC is played as a CHF/FF. If there is no intention to play TBC at CHF/FF then Mckernan is the better 3rd tall because of his mobility. We just get too slow with all of JD, TBC and Hooker up forward, whereas JD, Hooker and Mckernan looks about right.
But the idea of Mckernan being our first choice ruck is laughable.

Even bigger issue is that he hasn't got the motor to ruck around the ground and then return to the forward line and be effective.
I don't think it's the motor, I think he gets crashed into too much which makes him less effective IMO.

The fact that Leuey is even being debated says a lot about the average intelligence of Dons supporters (*friendly banter!* :p )
He absolutely monstered Sandilands in their game last year, when Stef Martin was out and he played first ruck.
7 disposals, 9 tackles (huge), 51 hitouts (wow), 2 goals (nice)
If he's fit, he's first ruck. That's all

If you guys play him forward or even worse, in the reserves, I will laugh. Loudly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Team Mgmt. An early crack at 2017 best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back