Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

What are you missing? Maybe some common sense!
Thilthorpe Is a young key position player that has been held back from injuries. When on the park he has shown promising signs to develop into an KPF. Every list manager would prefer Thilthorpe over ANB on there list!
basic comprehension skills come on. I literally said Thilthorpe would have more value because he's younger and a key position...

He's been in the system for 4 years. He has been very disappointing. 1 goal a game over 4 seasons. The 7 game sample size doesn't trump the other 46 games.

We're not going to agree on Thilthorpe and that's ok.
Thilthorpe play ruck as a 5th midfielder and also forward, have you looked at the game he played against Collingwood a few years ago when he lead the ruck with ROB starting on the bench.

Ahh, so now you are changing you stance from the crows giving you 25 for ANB to now you giving something back.... got it. so my assertion thatr the Crows wont be giving up 25 for ANB you agree with.
Far be it for me to stick up for the Crows, but 25 for ANB given his age and circumstances, they would burn the place down.

We've got an incompetent and desperate list management group geared towards a short term rise up the ladder. Don't be surprised if we're taken advantage of.

In a list build I'd definitely take Thilthorpe because he's younger and a key position. But if it was for a grand final played tomorrow, ANB is better.

Thilthorpe played only 7 games this year due to injury and he was underwhelming in the 3 years prior.

If we were anywhere near competing for a GF paying more for a 29 year old that will improve the 22 would make sense. We're stuffing this up pretty badl though, apparently adding 2 further years, so contracting him for a season as a 32 year old and we'll almost certainly blow 25 with little or nothing coming back. All we should be doing is honouring the rest of his contract and offering future 3rd or forget about it. 25 in this draft should be set aside for a kid who can be a best 22 player for a few years from 2027. But we'll use it on a bloke who will be just about done.

With regards to 25, Adelaide might be worried about an early bid on Welsh to swallow that pick up, so may be more than just 25 for ANB involved.

Melb have 38,45,51,61 this year, could potentially chuck a couple of those back to Adelaide for points.
with regards to 25 etc. what's the alternative? a future 2? That would've be enough as Futures aren't worth as much because you lose 1 year of development. So to keep 25, Adelaide would have to offer F2 plus another pick.

with regards to 25 etc. what's the alternative? a future 2? That would've be enough as Futures aren't worth as much because you lose 1 year of development. So to keep 25, Adelaide would have to offer F2 plus another pick.
F2 is more than enough for an aging role player.

I think 42 and F3 is more likely.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t know why you are still debating. 25 is a done deal with it being one of first trades done as reported by Twoomey.

Don’t know why you are still debating. 25 is a done deal with it being one of first trades done as reported by Twoomey.
Twomey doesn't know shit about trades. He's a draft guy.

He would have no sources within the Crows telling him anything. But an aging role player is not worth a prime pick like 25 in this draft, that's obvious.

Maybe F2 for ANB and F3.

This is not true now, nor under the revised draft value index.
yeah, that's true. I guess I'm not talking about the draft index. I mean wasn't the new index set up by the same people that stuffed it up to begin with?

The dees list manager didn't even rate anyone after pick 20 in last years draft to the point where they made a point to get out of it before 20. This years draft is much better though. But I personally don't really rate any pick after 40. It's so speculative you may as well just wait for the rookie draft and pay them less.

Twomey doesn't know shit about trades. He's a draft guy.

He would have no sources within the Crows telling him anything. But an aging role player is not worth a prime pick like 25 in this draft, that's obvious.

Maybe F2 for ANB and F3.
You are probably right that Twomey doesn’t have a source at the Crows, but he does have at Melbourne who have told him that the Crows have agreed that pick 25 is part of the deal.

Future picks will not be required.

Last edited:
If we were anywhere near competing for a GF paying more for a 29 year old that will improve the 22 would make sense. We're stuffing this up pretty badl though, apparently adding 2 further years, so contracting him for a season as a 32 year old and we'll almost certainly blow 25 with little or nothing coming back. All we should be doing is honouring the rest of his contract and offering future 3rd or forget about it. 25 in this draft should be set aside for a kid who can be a best 22 player for a few years from 2027. But we'll use it on a bloke who will be just about done.
If you want some one with extremely high training standards to help show the kids the level they need to get to, he is your man

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Alex Neal-Bullen - Wants to become a Crow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back