Coach Alastair Clarkson - NMFC Senior Coach - Coaching & Football Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

V New
  • Crikey crew have a breather. I'm as critical as anyone but this is way ahead of schedule.

When the idea of Clarkson went from a fleeting fantasy to slight possibility, 5 years was the exact number in my head for enough time to turnover the list, get the right balance and instil a game plan and playing culture. Happily the club thought the same.

Throw in the distractions of 2023 and I would even consider extending the deal a year and calling this year zero.

I've always been sympathetic to Noble for the list and culture he was left and Clarkson inherited even less depth albeit more top end talent.

I get it, I let myself get carried away yesterday dreaming that we were finally seeing the emergence of the new North Melbourne. And I don't necessarily buy that the path to glory is simply to take what we did for 1.5 quarters and turn that into 4 quarters. Sure.. in other news if Usain Bolt can hold his pace for another 300m he can break the 400m too, hell he can hold it for 42km and just nail the marathon at the same time. Shit ain't like that.

But it's way, way too early to pick this all apart yet. We're talking one of the best coaches in history, back at his old club with a point to prove. We'll have to suck this up for a while and see what happens - frankly it's our best possible opportunity for making NM great again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back