Recruiting AFL Trade & Free Agency XII - 💰💰💰

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the evidence for this?

From his draft notes, I've got;
"versatile and finds the ball at will no matter which level he plays at. He is crafty with ball in hand, runs all day"

"his game is complemented by his speed and vision which allows him to play inside or outside"

"you can quite clearly see has AFL attributes. He has the ability to win the ball in congestion, then spread to the outside and use the ball well by foot with some elite passes inside 50, making for such a damaging appeal."

"knows how to create scoring opportunities in multiple ways, whether it be from a stoppage situation, lead and mark, or a quick kick out of nothing"

"consider his disposal and vision as the best of those at the top-end - or perhaps any end"

Someone above suggested him as an inside midfield option despite him never actually playing in the middle, it’s embarrassing.

He’s a nice nippy player with a great leg but also he’s the obvious and clear successor to Jake Lloyd, he’s a home grown product and they’ve spent a top 5 pick on him.

A battle not even almost worth picking. Waste of time and energy.

might be a new concept, ive just learnt but there is an ignore function that hides posters you don't like. Maybe try it in this instance mate. You're too good a provider to be suffocated into tit for tat
Show me all the times where he isnt setup as a wing and we have 3 mids around, and you can send it to my PM to avoid you embarrasment
No, he entertains me with his ridiculous assertions that are almost never correct.
We're gonna leave this here

Zach will be 31 in a couple of years and has a history of head knocks. Looking for a successor of sorts not the craziest idea. We desperately need class. Agreed though that the Swans probably want more than we might pay but worth looking into.

Zach will be 31 in a couple of years and has a history of head knocks. Looking for a successor of sorts not the craziest idea. We desperately need class. Agreed though that the Swans probably want more than we might pay but worth looking into.

Not only will he be 31 in a couple of years, but he’ll be 33 in a couple of couple of years!

Couple of names that are right up Dodo's alley of being sneaky but getting what he wants

Liam McMahon - Carlton VFL (197cm, 88kg, KPF, 22)
AFL talent who was probably a little immature from all accounts. Gone back to the VFL and doing really well in a middle of the road side. From my understanding would be free as a delisted free agent in a position we could use all the reinforcements in. At 22 he would still have some growth whilst being mature enough to play sooner if needed.

Brodie McClachlan - Former Gold Coast now Williamstown (193cm, 90kg, KPF, 26)
The former Suns Pre Season pick is going at 2 goals a game in one of the top sides again. A mobile marking accurate goal kicker, he would fill a need for us and depth automatically. Ive liked him since his Frankston days. at (almost) 27, his days are probably numbered but deserves a chance imho.

No, that's misrepresentation.
I said I'd play hom off hb and push Martin to a wing, and that he gives us the option of playing him in the midfield rotation. He has the ability and his ball use is silk.

Honestly I think it’s a great call I just don’t think it’s a great fit here unless you can find a way to ditch/leave out one of the small mids already on the team. We have 4 for 2 maybe 3 spots

Would rather find a mediocre inside outside big bodied mid (Perryman?) then a very talented small mid RN

Liam McMahon - Carlton VFL (197cm, 88kg, KPF, 22)
AFL talent who was probably a little immature from all accounts. Gone back to the VFL and doing really well in a middle of the road side. From my understanding would be free as a delisted free agent in a position we could use all the reinforcements in. At 22 he would still have some growth whilst being mature enough to play sooner if needed.
Had no idea he was that tall. Looks to play more like a flanker than KPP but seems smart and makes the most of his opportunities.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly I think it’s a great call I just don’t think it’s a great fit here unless you can find a way to ditch/leave out one of the small mids already on the team. We have 4 for 2 maybe 3 spots

Would rather find a mediocre inside outside big bodied mid (Perryman?) then a very talented small mid RN
If he plays off hb, his height is comparable with both Hind and Lual. Campbell is an upgrade on both and Hind is about to turn 30.

If he plays mid/hf, his height is comparable with Gresham, ADJ, Wanganeen, Menzie and Shiel. Campbell is an upgrade on ADJ and Wanganeen, and arguably has more upside than Gresham. He would be an upgrade on Menzie who has been playing higher up the ground recently. Jury's out on whether he'd be as good as Shiel in the middle, but if he goes there's a spot that Campbell's capable of playing.

There are plenty of players on the list of lesser ability than Campbell who are the same height. If we're seeking to upgrade the list, for a player of Campbell's skill, you make the spot available.

The height issue isn't actually an issue.

Someone above suggested him as an inside midfield option despite him never actually playing in the middle, it’s embarrassing.

He’s a nice nippy player with a great leg but also he’s the obvious and clear successor to Jake Lloyd, he’s a home grown product and they’ve spent a top 5 pick on him.

A battle not even almost worth picking. Waste of time and energy.
A while ago, you wrote this;

Screenshot_20240619-234609_Chrome.jpg

I would suggest Campbell can seriously use it better than Massimo.

He might be the successor to Jake Lloyd, but Lloyd has played 13 games this year while Campbell has played 11, been sub 3 times and omitted for two games. Most other times when he has played he has been named on the bench. He's a fourth year player on the fringe who many Swans fans don't see a role for. He's devoid of confidence and could well appreciate the offer of a fresh start. We seem to be a place where careers get reinvigorated at the moment.

He has the potential to be a gun and is an instant upgrade on any number of our players. A 'nice nippy player' understates his capacity. With Mills returning, he's going to find it harder to get a game. He's ripe for an approach and certainly not a waste of time.

Kind of funny reading Cats supporters comments on Stengle; saying that they "gave him a lifeline", "if it wasn't for Geelong he'd still be playing SANFL", "he owes Geelong loyalty" etc.

Do Geelong femboys realise if he didn't select Geelong, Essendon would have picked him up? It's not as if Geelong was the only club trying to recruit him and they saved his broke ass :tearsofjoy:.

Note: Stengle playing in a premiership validates his correct decision to play for Geelong. :tearsofjoy:

Essendon should be throwing the kitchen sink at Stengle (most of the pre work should have been done from a few years ago, the love is still there from Ess which should count for something). Unbelievable opportunity for a free hit on a position that we badly need to upgrade and get more output from. Good first up test for Rosa (with Adrian shadowing).

Kind of funny reading Cats supporters comments on Stengle; saying that they "gave him a lifeline", "if it wasn't for Geelong he'd still be playing SANFL", "he owes Geelong loyalty" etc.

Do Geelong femboys realise if he didn't select Geelong, Essendon would have picked him up? It's not as if Geelong was the only club trying to recruit him and they saved his broke ass :tearsofjoy:.

Note: Stengle playing in a premiership validates his correct decision to play for Geelong. :tearsofjoy:

Essendon should be throwing the kitchen sink at Stengle (most of the pre work should have been done from a few years ago, the love is still there from Ess which should count for something). Unbelievable opportunity for a free hit on a position that we badly need to upgrade and get more output from. Good first up test for Rosa (with Adrian shadowing).

To be fair, I reckon 80% of the Geelong fan posts I've read have said the opposite. They've highlighted how they got an AA year and premiership out of him while paying him nothing, and whilst they want to keep him, they can't begrudge him maximising his $$ if it's elsewhere.

To be fair, I reckon 80% of the Geelong fan posts I've read have said the opposite. They've highlighted how they got an AA year and premiership out of him while paying him nothing, and whilst they want to keep him, they can't begrudge him maximising his $$ if it's elsewhere.
Yep, only bloke I've seen say otherwise is a WC fan

I think there would have to be some chance we trade our F1 into this year if a small forward (Kako or Berry) warrants the selection and we have enough list spots

It may be too tight as it is

El Hawli or Hind might be a player we need to move on to do something like this pending list spots

I think there would have to be some chance we trade our F1 into this year if a small forward (Kako or Berry) warrants the selection and we have enough list spots

El Hawli or Hind might be a player we need to move on to do something like this pending list spots
Certainly going to be some tough decisions but we need to make them if we want to go the next step. The guys who lack polish or consistency of performance need to be looked at first ie where we can upgrade.

I highly doubt we trade a future first for a draft pick.

Certainly going to be some tough decisions but we need to make them if we want to go the next step. The guys who lack polish or consistency of performance need to be looked at first ie where we can upgrade.
My quick look

We already have 43, so can only enter with 42 next year

Need to take 3 ND picks if we dont elevate

So means we have 4 too many before any trading in players/FA

Say we add another player. Thats 5 need to go from ⬇️

Hunter
Kelly
Tex Wanganeen
D.Shiel
Menzie
Baldwin
El Hawli
Hind
Weideman

It's worth having a look at Kyptastic's data on this. Setterfield's value to our midfield when he plays is actually immense. His role is one of our most important IMO.

His numbers at the centre bounce do look good, but in those opening four games he was actually one of the lower rated centre bounce midfielders for us.

Will be interesting to see how he would do in the current environment where we’re losing the contest more than we’re winning

My quick look

We already have 43, so can only enter with 42 next year

Need to take 3 ND picks if we dont elevate

So means we have 4 too many before any trading in players/FA

Say we add another player. Thats 5 need to go from ⬇️

Hunter
Kelly
Tex Wanganeen
D.Shiel
Menzie
Baldwin
El Hawli
Hind
Weideman
Hunter, Wanganeen and Weid for me. Kelly and Shiel need to stay for their experience and what they may offer at cruical times in the year. Menzie and Hind youd think have done enough to warrant another year with Baldwin and El Hawli have shown plenty but been really unlucky with injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back