AFL LIVE 2011 - 360, PS3 & PC - Part - 23 - READ FAQ BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go (for instance) Gold Coast and beat Collingwood you will get a lot more XP.

If you're going Essendon as your post suggests, you'll find that Gold Coast will give you less XP when you beat them as opposed to Collingwood.

Hope that makes sense.
Yeah mate thanks it does make sense but inplay with a created team I bet gold coast got like 2000 in a close game then just smash collingwood and got 1380 haha. So I got no idea

so I've come to this section of the board to look for some kind of discussion around leaderboards/positioning on the online leaderboard but cannot find any relevant thread? my mate is inside top 30 on the board and has been playing all week. wondering who on here is higher!

I'm in the top 30 on XBL. though keep dropping down when I don't play it last I looked I was just in front of Notorious on the leaderboard :). Cats 4 Lyf is number one on the list.

Played a great game last night. Was down by about 3-4 goals in the last quarter, but gradually pegged it back. Scored a goal with only a few seconds remaining to take the lead. Mitch Clark I think got the sealer. Was a cracker of the game. Person I played against missed a lot of gettable shots and kept me in the contest. Great fun.

just played my first game online since psn is back up. had the most annoying bloke cheesing it up. whenever i would line up for a goal he would bring up a player to stand just in front of the kicker to the right hand side because when u line up u have to start out to the right. so the kick will go straight into the defender and be rushed or will go anywhere.

is this normal behaviour or just this guy being a douche???

ps sorry i didnt go thru all the pages of the last few threads to see if this has happened before, but there is a bit of reading

Great to hear that you're doing something about ruck punch Ross. It's way overpowered given the tackly nature of the game meaning any field position is gold. Online about 95% of contest i've played have used a punch.

How come you can't customise the options for online matches? Even if it's just a private match, I'd love to be able to choose quarter length, stadium, weather etc. Will this be updated? I mainly play private matches against my mates and brothers in a different town.

Are we sure? Ross said the patch will exclude people going over the mark. Not sure if that means it's not in the patch, or that the patch will stop it happening.

I read it that way? Anyway perhaps Ross could clarify for us? I'd like the game to give away an auto 50mtr penalty when people do that.

Just played out my first draw, 58-58. Was ahead and he kicked a goal from a high tackle free kick with 0:50 seconds left. :eek:

Ah well the streak lives on!

that was me notorious haha....port came home like a house on fire. 3 or 4 goals in the last 6 or 7 minutes?

what does your streak stand at? i was in the top 80 of XBL for a while except my stats got reset about 2 weeks ago so now it says i've only played 15 or so games :(. won 12 of them i think though haha

I read it that way? Anyway perhaps Ross could clarify for us? I'd like the game to give away an auto 50mtr penalty when people do that.

Either that or just physically make it a no go zone. No disrespect to BigAnt but that was a big issue in the old games too, that if you timed it right you could step in front of the kick and block it with no penalty. So i'm quite surprised that something like that snuck in here too.
Personally i haven't noticed it since i've only played one game online. Kicked 4 goals to 0 in the first quarter and took a mark at FF about 10 seconds into Q2 and was quit on. That turned me right off so i'm waiting for the patch before i get back into online.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in the top 30 on XBL. though keep dropping down when I don't play it last I looked I was just in front of Notorious on the leaderboard :). Cats 4 Lyf is number one on the list.

Not anymore :) I've pushed a fair way ahead with the help of a couple of +10 000 xp challenges. (1000 goals and 15 game winnings streak).

that was me notorious haha....port came home like a house on fire. 3 or 4 goals in the last 6 or 7 minutes?

what does your streak stand at? i was in the top 80 of XBL for a while except my stats got reset about 2 weeks ago so now it says i've only played 15 or so games :(. won 12 of them i think though haha

Haha yeah, I fell apart in that last quarter couldn't win anything. Streak stands at 17 or 18 at the moment.

My local video store and their other affiliate stores do not have a copy of AFL Live to rent. They're "looking into" purchasing it. So I wont be able to rent this game for weeks/months.

GOOD! I think you should have to buy it - I've earnt it and I like the thought of your money in my pocket :p

The patch will exclude people going in the zone. Would be nice to give a 50m as they deserve it!

This patch really needs to hurry up, I know it's been said before but people coming over the mark to smother your shot on goal is becoming more and more common. It's oh so frustrating. Sorry for just repeating what everyone else has been saying but I just had to vent!! Lol

Thanks for that Ant_.
Haven't ventured online yet so that side of things is all foreign to me.

Sorry to sound needy again but Ross, can you please explain the trophy 'Perform 20 Hard Bumps.'
What EXACTLY is a hard bump? Does it have to be in one game? And does it count when I bump a player off the ball and give away a 50?

Cheers.

Thanks for that Ant_.
Haven't ventured online yet so that side of things is all foreign to me.

Sorry to sound needy again but Ross, can you please explain the trophy 'Perform 20 Hard Bumps.'
What EXACTLY is a hard bump? Does it have to be in one game? And does it count when I bump a player off the ball and give away a 50?

Cheers.

Has to be in one game, you have to knock the ball out of the players hands I believe? Best tactic people have used is to get a Barry Hall type and move them to a wing/flank and bump the smaller players

Has to be in one game, you have to knock the ball out of the players hands I believe? Best tactic people have used is to get a Barry Hall type and move them to a wing/flank and bump the smaller players
Thanks for that again Ant_.
Full of answers. I like it.

P.s - Barry Hall is a Spud.

That is all :)

Put Rodan in the middle = Win

Port always come home strong. Its that never die attitude us port suporters have that the real team doesnt :mad:
Notorious must hate us port suporters always ending his streaks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back