AFL late team changes?

Remove this Banner Ad

cynical

Cancelled
Dec 18, 2009
AFL Club
Geelong
Seems to have been a lot of late changes to games so far this year.

It really annoys me being out of the loop.

My question is where do you get the latest info on changes to teams or possible outs?

thanks

It's pretty simple, all teams must name their final list 40 minutes before the game, so at about 35 minutes before game time, the final team list is published on the official AFL site.

Other then that, do some research, this is an AFL based forum after all.

My question is where do you get the latest info on changes to teams or possible outs?

thanks

A total of 13 late changes for 2010 after Round 3.
3 Port Adelaide
2 Adelaide
2 Melbourne
2 Western Bulldogs

thanks

I have to say - although from a punting perspective this can be annoying - its really something you just have to suck up mate.

Football, unlike Racing, was not invented and formalised to allow for people to have a punt - it was invented for people to have a good time and keep fit.

Given that, I don't have any problem with teams making late changes and have little sympathy for anyone burnt by these late changes.

As matty says, final lists must be in 40mins before the siren blows to start the game. If you bet before this time its up to you, but by doing so you run the risk of there being late changes.

Alternatively, wait until final teams are named and then make your bets. Its your choice.

I have to say - although from a punting perspective this can be annoying - its really something you just have to suck up mate.

Football, unlike Racing, was not invented and formalised to allow for people to have a punt - it was invented for people to have a good time and keep fit.

Given that, I don't have any problem with teams making late changes and have little sympathy for anyone burnt by these late changes.

As matty says, final lists must be in 40mins before the siren blows to start the game. If you bet before this time its up to you, but by doing so you run the risk of there being late changes.

Alternatively, wait until final teams are named and then make your bets. Its your choice.

Point well made. It's very similar to backing a horse pre-post before final fields are declared. If the trainer decides not to accept for the horse then you've done your money cold, but that's the risk you take by potentially getting better odds in the major horse races.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL late team changes?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back