AFL Dream Team 2008

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicoski is an interesting one....didn't hear anything today but you would want some pretty good form from him to pick him. I'm going to be the Derby next week so I'll keep an eye on him. With the injuries he's had in the past he'd be a risk.

Im with Jed. To get 15 points extra im losing roughly double that in extra points. How is it worth it?

The idea is to turn simmonds in to cox. Having cox at round 1 will effect the rest of your team. He is to much !

I agree with IDIG, Cox is a must...

I agree also. But this is a long standing argument. The ruck is a unique position where Cox is the only real gun. The question is, do you get him from the start? Or do you try and get him later on. I think we all agree he is a must in any team. I guess everyone goes about things differently. But I've got him from the start.

then what happens if dont get enough money during the year to upgrade to cox till round 15 or so.

Cox is essentially a midfielder, he gets tons of touches. Almost guarenteed 100+ most weeks. i dont know why you wouldnt want him.

Would you rather Fraser and Riewoldt or Cox and Lucas/ROK?

I'd like to know if people's thoughts have changed on Judd? We've been bombarded by questions about his fitness for some time now and we're still no closer to finding out whether he'll be right for Round 1. One thing is for sure, he wont be at his best. So, do you pick him from the start, or do u hold off?

I agree also. But this is a long standing argument. The ruck is a unique position where Cox is the only real gun. The question is, do you get him from the start? Or do you try and get him later on. I think we all agree he is a must in any team. I guess everyone goes about things differently. But I've got him from the start.

What's youe definition of 'gun' bloods?

then what happens if dont get enough money during the year to upgrade to cox till round 15 or so.

Cox is essentially a midfielder, he gets tons of touches. Almost guarenteed 100+ most weeks. i dont know why you wouldnt want him.

Would you rather Fraser and Riewoldt or Cox and Lucas/ROK?

I suffered that fate last year. I traded him after he got injured and I couldn't get him back. I was stuck with Sandilands for the rest of the year who I used to replace him. Even he got injured. By that time, my team was shot.

I'd like to know if people's thoughts have changed on Judd? We've been bombarded by questions about his fitness for some time now and we're still no closer to finding out whether he'll be right for Round 1. One thing is for sure, he wont be at his best. So, do you pick him from the start, or do u hold off?

Hold off, too much question marks about him for the 369k price tag

It's the old chicken and the egg question really isn't it?

I like chicken..

but I like eggs too..

Wait a minute, maybe that's not quite the right analogy.

Nevertheless I have Judd at the moment but in no way is his place set in stone (like Cox). Only trouble is I'm not sure we're going to be any closer to knowing come lockout.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not very keen on spending 360k on someone with injury concerns.

If he's scoring well early on then I might consider it, but if not I won't be going near him.

What's youe definition of 'gun' bloods?

My defenition of a "gun" is someone who can score 90+ points for you each week. The closer to 100 points the better. Cox is the only ruckman that is cabable of doing this. Yes Fraser, Ottens, and McIntosh may push close to the mark, but they wont be doing it on a "consistant" basis. It's all about consistancy IMO.

It's the old chicken and the egg question really isn't it?

I like chicken..

but I like eggs too..

Wait a minute, maybe that's not quite the right analogy.

Nevertheless I have Judd at the moment but in no way is his place set in stone (like Cox). Only trouble is I'm not sure we're going to be any closer to knowing come lockout.[/quote]

They're my concerns exactly. This will go on until Round 1. To many doubts IMO.

I've been reading this thread for a while now, so I thought it's about time I posted something. I have a few observations / questions.

- The teams that get posted here, all seem to be basically the same. Everyone seems to have Kennely, Hurn, Ellis, Murphy, Douglas, Stevens, Thompson, Bradshaw, Didak and Monfries. Some of these guys might be good pick ups at their prices, but a lot of people are going to have similar and predictable teams. You have to take some risks in this game.
- Why do so many people have Ellis? I know people keep saying this will be his year, but I doubt he would average any more than 60. Same with Douglas, he isn't as good as people think.
- There is a lot of talk about Hawkins being a 'cash cow' with Ablett gone, but Tom Lonergan is $95,000 cheaper and it sounds like he will get a shot at that position (AFL website article).
- Dean Cox isn't a must. Last year 7 players averaged more than him, are they must haves too? By not getting Cox, you can upgrade to some more of those 7 players. Of course Cox is the best ruckman, but if it weakens the rest of the team, it isn't worth it.
- Finally, no offence but why does everyone talk like Great Source is the all-knowing master of dream team? Did you win it last year?

I've been reading this thread for a while now, so I thought it's about time I posted something. I have a few observations / questions.

- The teams that get posted here, all seem to be basically the same. Everyone seems to have Kennely, Hurn, Ellis, Murphy, Douglas, Stevens, Thompson, Bradshaw, Didak and Monfries. Some of these guys might be good pick ups at their prices, but a lot of people are going to have similar and predictable teams. You have to take some risks in this game.
- Why do so many people have Ellis? I know people keep saying this will be his year, but I doubt he would average any more than 60. Same with Douglas, he isn't as good as people think.
- There is a lot of talk about Hawkins being a 'cash cow' with Ablett gone, but Tom Lonergan is $95,000 cheaper and it sounds like he will get a shot at that position (AFL website article).
- Dean Cox isn't a must. Last year 7 players averaged more than him, are they must haves too? By not getting Cox, you can upgrade to some more of those 7 players.
- Finally, no offence but why does everyone talk like Great Source is the all-knowing master of dream team? Did you win it last year?

Well my team doesnt have any of those players :rolleyes:

Tom Lonergan will probably take over Matt Egans Postion at CHB, wont get alot of points but should play a decent number of games

my view on the cox theory

you could have

cox- 436,800
simmonds- 236,700
total cost = 673,500

scoring
cox- 80-100
simmonds 50-80
total = 155

trades
downgrade rookie cash cow - raise about 120,000
trade in simmonds (300,000) for white/ottens(400,000)

trades used = 2

or you could have

ottens/white/fraser- 350,000
simmonds- 236,700
total cost = 586,700

scoring
white/ottens = 70-90
simmonds- 50-80
total score= 145

trades
trade in rookie for another rookie- make 120,000
trade in simmonds(300,000) for cox (400,000). cox will go down in price
trades used 2

and the final product
cox- 80-100
white/ottens- 70-90
total score = 170

Everyone seems to have Kennely, Hurn, Ellis, Murphy, Douglas, Stevens, Thompson, Bradshaw, Didak and Monfries - I only have a few of these guys.

Why do so many people have Ellis? I know people keep saying this will be his year - Because this WILL be his year..

Tom Lonergan - Guy has only 1 kidney. He'll never make it (top bloke though).

Dean Cox isn't a must. Last year 7 players averaged more than him, are they must haves too? By not getting Cox, you can upgrade to some more of those 7 players. - I thought you said you'd been watching this thread a while? Go back about 5 or 6 days and you'll find the great Cox debate. HE IS a must. He just is and that's all there is to it. Don't pick him and you're screwed. Ask anyone.

Finally, no offence but why does everyone talk like Great Source is the all-knowing master of dream team? Did you win it last year? - Yes he did. He is God.

:thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back