AFL Cairns - 2011 Season Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should be a good day at Fretwell this Saturday, Bar-B-Que on , a fair few of us slinging a few frothies back, oh and having a chin wag with the new coach,
come down & catch up as well with olde bald headed Tamba if you want & pass on some words of wisdom if you have any , LOL

And yes Shavedham come on down & entertain me with your wit.

Should be a good day at Fretwell this Saturday, Bar-B-Que on , a fair few of us slinging a few frothies back, oh and having a chin wag with the new coach,
come down & catch up as well with olde bald headed Tamba if you want & pass on some words of wisdom if you have any , LOL

Come on Tamba, really?? I think you're being a bit generous saying he has a wit.:D Unfortunately I don't think we'll be there for the big day. Number One son is playing cricket and doesn't finish until 530pm.:(

Plug is Jake going to have a crack this yr with his footy?? Seems to have the ability but is about 20% fit and needs to drop about 30-40kgs to be a quality Senior player which I have no doubt he is capable of

As far as I know he will be playing again, he has a lot of ability and can read the play well. But as we all know people dont run on ability alone. He's doing well in Cricket atm so hopefully his fitness will be fine for Rd1.

Heard from a little birdy that centrals has been busy and succesful at recruiting some quality players to their list. Players that have a point to prove which will mean that the dogs are ready to bite in 2012!
Exciting times at the kennel.

My ladder positions for 2012 are

Mununda Hawks (if they keep their players and get a coach!! Anyword on that?)
Centrals Trinity Bulldogs
Cairns Saints
North Cairns Tigers
Port Douglas Crocs
South Cairns Cutters
Cairns City Lions

Any rumours on player movements??? true or untrue, it would surely make no difference

Any exciting recruits coming to league.
D.Lock to join cutters again after stint in canberra. will he improve there team

Heard from a little birdy that centrals has been busy and succesful at recruiting some quality players to their list. Players that have a point to prove which will mean that the dogs are ready to bite in 2012!
Exciting times at the kennel.

Cairns Saints
North Cairns Tigers
Port Douglas Crocs
South Cairns Cutters
Cairns City Lions

Any rumours on player movements??? true or untrue, it would surely make no difference

Any exciting recruits coming to league.
D.Lock to join cutters again after stint in canberra. will he improve there team

A massive call this early

Yep big call but it I think with natural progression and crocs loosing close to 15 a grade players the two clubs you highlighted will become a force next year and beyond

Thanks for the invite, Tamby:). How do you know I wasn't already going;)......................weirder things have happened:cool:.

Come on Tamba, really?? I think you're being a bit generous saying he has a wit.:D Unfortunately I don't think we'll be there for the big day. Number One son is playing cricket and doesn't finish until 530pm.:(

COME AT ME FLINTSTONED:p.........................wish you could have made It.

Cairns Saints
North Cairns Tigers
Port Douglas Crocs
South Cairns Cutters
Cairns City Lions

Ok I'll have an 'early' stab........................

Manunda Hawkers
Cairns Sainters
Daylight
Central Doggies
North Tige's
Port Crocs
Cutters
City Lions

Not sure if Crocs will lose as many as reported, but, at this point in time I think they will lose enough to see them miss the top 4.

Cutters with a non playing coach wont upset to many unless they've got players in the pipe line. Liked or not, Adams goes out of the side and at this 'early' stage doesn't look like he'll be covered.

Folks, It's a two horse race and yes I do have a diploma in stating the obvious.

A former playing coach is off to trinity, first big move. Who else is going there shezza? Need a few to make a difference. Hoping the rumours I have heard about Wade Dixon are not true, saints finding him a job??? I thought he was a boy in blue.

2012 ladders at the moment.... Guessing
Saints
Hawks
Tigers
Dogs
Souths
Port
Cities

Tigers pushed top 2 sides last year and will only improve to close the gap from 2nd to 3rd.

A former playing coach is off to trinity, first big move. Who else is going there shezza? Need a few to make a difference. Hoping the rumours I have heard about Wade Dixon are not true, saints finding him a job??? I thought he was a boy in blue.

Saints
Hawks
Tigers
Dogs
Souths
Port
Cities

Tigers pushed top 2 sides last year and will only improve to close the gap from 2nd to 3rd.

Yes Wade is a boy in Blue and I've heard the same rumour which hopefully is true as he trained with Saints last year and knows most of the playing group however I thought he'd signed at Tigers... :s

As for predicting the ladder it's only November but you would think Hawks and Saints will be the sides to beat again and Cities will be bottom...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Wade is a boy in Blue and I've heard the same rumour which hopefully is true as he trained with Saints last year and knows most of the playing group however I thought he'd signed at Tigers... :s

As for predicting the ladder it's only November but you would think Hawks and Saints will be the sides to beat again and Cities will be bottom...

Yes Dixon is a police officer based in Mareeba. My mail was is that he was supposed to sign and having been around the club in last 2 weeks, i was lead to believe this was a done deal. Although i understood he was going to assume a coaching role and then i read that Steve Davies has landed this gig. I do not think, even though i read with black n gold glasses that we will finish top 4. We will honestly be very hard to beat but if we can win more than we loose, than we will go close but to trouble the teams like Saints, Hawks, Port and Centrals, we will need to recruit more than 4 or 5. We have some great kids, a very good coach but to make up the ground the clubs i have mentioned had over us last year in one preseason is being really unrealistic even for a tiger through and through!

Have heard today Chris Adams is CO COACH at Centrals. Mixed reactions but do sincerly hope the dogs have really thought about that appointment considering how 'hit n miss' he was this year with the younger players at cutters and that Centrals have very good youth coming through...... only time will tell :)

Saints
Hawks
Tigers
Dogs
Souths
Port
Cities

I think using 'pushed' is not being honest in the matches i viewed last year. When they nearly beat saints at watsons, the opposition were missing a number of their players and having watch the saints the game before, looked to be trying a number of new plans. The last game against the hawks, the tigers were so disappointing and had half the team watching from the sidelines and looked perfectly fine to me. I did ask Brett Potter for a refund for coming to cazalys to watch the young tigers dish that up. Wasnt a good way to end a good year from my tigers!

I see in todays fish wrapper that Cities have finally named their coach. I think Jason Roe is just what the doctor ordered for the Lions. I don't know about the appointmnt of Ray Hocking as Football Manager though??? Good luck to the Lions, they can only go onward and upwards.

Yes Dixon is a police officer based in Mareeba. My mail was is that he was supposed to sign and having been around the club in last 2 weeks, i was lead to believe this was a done deal. Although i understood he was going to assume a coaching role and then i read that Steve Davies has landed this gig. I do not think, even though i read with black n gold glasses that we will finish top 4. We will honestly be very hard to beat but if we can win more than we loose, than we will go close but to trouble the teams like Saints, Hawks, Port and Centrals, we will need to recruit more than 4 or 5. We have some great kids, a very good coach but to make up the ground the clubs i have mentioned had over us last year in one preseason is being really unrealistic even for a tiger through and through!

Have heard today Chris Adams is CO COACH at Centrals. Mixed reactions but do sincerly hope the dogs have really thought about that appointment considering how 'hit n miss' he was this year with the younger players at cutters and that Centrals have very good youth coming through...... only time will tell :)

Sorry eagerreader but this is old news, I let the cat out of the bag on here at the end of the season.:cool:

with the two bottom teams from last year both signing non playing coaches, the clubs must be confident of picking up some players. Great coaches are more than handy but without the cattle both clubs will struggle to improve. souths have some good young kids but wont improve them drastically and Cities well they need about 10 quality players to get them competitive next season.

with the two bottom teams from last year both signing non playing coaches, the clubs must be confident of picking up some players. Great coaches are more than handy but without the cattle both clubs will struggle to improve. souths have some good young kids but wont improve them drastically and Cities well they need about 10 quality players to get them competitive next season.

Listen to the "Nay Sayers", already they have clubs done and dusted. Lets wait and see where everyone is at at the end of the first group of home and away fixtures of the season, before making unsubstantiated or disparaging remarks.

I said weeks ago he was down to the final two out doogie land,--- late news express,-----eagerreader

What's this hit & miss with South younger players, ok the older ones weren't wrapped in him after a while, don't know why they thought they were the coach when he was , but didn't he unearth some talented young-ens, they were were given their chances & grabbed them, those lads will be be better for it plus along with Grant's tutition they will turn into some decent talent.

So don't shoot someone down this early in the season give them a break at least or put up your hand so then we can all smite it down before season starts .:rolleyes:

I see no one has been game to have a dig at Flintstone & I over our coaching nomination, I was waiting for the spitfires to come from the hanger at us.

See no one knows what we could do so they kept QT , then give the other newbies a chance to show what they can do.:D

Listen to the "Nay Sayers", already they have clubs done and dusted. Lets wait and see where everyone is at at the end of the first group of home and away fixtures of the season, before making unsubstantiated or disparaging remarks.

Chill Flintstoned, chill. Just because posters have Cutters not doing so well for 2012 doesn't mean they're 'nay sayers', It's just an opinion. Not all teams can finish top 4, yer? How are you going to cover Adams?

When someone posts that Cutters wont go so well, have a valium and relax:heart:.

I wasn't having a crack at Souths at all so not sure why you are having a crack flinstone. I just stated that having a good coach is great but unless they pick up some quality players it will be watching finals again this year. If they can pick up a few no doubt they will push the top 4. Not everyone is trying to have dig at Souths you know.

I wasn't having a crack at Souths at all so not sure why you are having a crack flinstone. I just stated that having a good coach is great but unless they pick up some quality players it will be watching finals again this year. If they can pick up a few no doubt they will push the top 4. Not everyone is trying to have dig at Souths you know.

Well, point taken. However I think you're all in for a bit of a shock.:cool::cool::cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back