Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t think there’s actually any of our players that would be available for the Thursday but not on the Sunday.

Shuey, Gov, Kelly, Duggan, Witherden are all listed as 3 or more weeks. Kennedy and Allen should be back for the Tigers game regardless.

Yeah, it's completely unfair that West Coast got an unprecedented 6 games in their home state in a row whilst Richmond were forced to hub away from home, as opposed to Richmond's 4 games in their home state in a row while West Coast were forced to hub away from home.

But yeah, 6 games in a row in your home state is pretty cushy. Richmond haven't had that privilege since *checks notes* 2019. (Which was 7. All at your home ground).

I couldn't care less about moving this game (except for from a supercoach perspective), it probably does make sense to move it if both teams are happy, but fu**, spare me this woe is me Victorian nonsense for the second year in a row after every other instance of unfairness is weighted to be in the big Vic club's favour.
Are you that port adelaide poster who couldnt define what a blockbuster was earlier in the week, or just a port adelaide supporter per se?

Are you that port adelaide poster who couldnt define what a blockbuster was earlier in the week, or just a port adelaide supporter per se?

Mate the AFL can't define what a blockbuster is so why should anybody else be able to?

(I don't know what you're talking about)

Personally, I’d much rather we play the game next week. One because i might be able to go to it, (Thursday night game requires some extra logistical planning to get to from where I am) but also because it is a reasonable request to get the tigers game home a week earlier. It’s a big ask to travel away from young families and lives at home.

I’m all for trying to maximise our advantage for a critical home game in the season; however the key injured players are unlikely to be back for that Thursday, so playing next week or in 12 days isn’t going to make much of a difference. And the AFL aren’t asking us to move a home game to the MCG or something like that. So I don’t see much of an issue.

Doesn't really matter when this game is played, Eagle fans seem to think we have asked for it so it can fit into their conspiracy theories.

We all know West Coast will shit the bed anyway, they have a soft underbelly and need everything to fall their way to be any chance come finals.

I see the good of the game takes no precedence with some people. I think the whole season should be paused for two weeks, but that idea gets shot down in flames. The AFL are in a spot, the first double up game is Round 14, then what do they do about the fixture?

Doesn't really matter when this game is played, Eagle fans seem to think we have asked for it so it can fit into their conspiracy theories.

We all know West Coast will sh*t the bed anyway, they have a soft underbelly and need everything to fall their way to be any chance come finals.
I agree you are likely to win next weekend if we play on the Sunday given the respective form of both sides, even injuries aside.

But I reckon you’ll be a guaranteed win if you play on the Thursday. The tigers play particularly well with their backs to the wall. Having to stay in Perth, away from home for a long period... it’s got season defining win written all over it.

I think we may just have to suck it up and sacrifice for the good of the comp (so long as that is the reality of the moving the game). And so long as all teams are treated in the same way.

But some of the Richmond posters in here are complete flogs and have completely forgotten history.
You have completely forgotten that we were the first to have to hub after your players were highlighted as being the ones refusing to on a certain zoom call. A nicely forgotten piece of the Covid season.
We went without families and without a return date - you went and made a family vacation out of it complete with multiple breaches and reno requests.
So let's all keep some perspective here please..

And Beema Liapep - what a flog of the highest order. I mean we have enough of our own poster flogs (all clubs do), but geeeez...
I respect your right to an opinion but gee whiz there is no need for nearly an entire post revolving around who you think is a flog.

Calm your farm.

A quarter of our team are parents, and left their wives on less than 12 hours notice for 23 days, just so the West coast players don't have to ring and change the weekend of their bye plans. Seriously?

23 days .
A week is 7 days in WA.No one is stopping family travel.Since when are our lives required to stop and start at your convenience ?

Last edited:
Injuries are neither here or there, you deal with them and put your best available team on the park.

Please, no Richmond fan should talk about travel. It is a subject they have little background in. Check out the travelling of Pav versus Kade Simpson.

Sure it’s been a tough last 12 months for WAG’s families, but they haven’t been sent to distant shores for 3+ years to fight a war.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we pretty please not turn this thread into a “West Coast had x in past seasons but Richmond had y” thread? We have plenty of those so would be nice if we stuck to talking about the current fixture itself and what comes after that.

I think that there is a high possibility that this game will get moved to another state if the AFL does not reschedule the bye. Don’t know if COVID will subside and I doubt that the Richmond players will spend their bye in WA, so rescheduling the bye to bring the game forward may be the only way that this fixture is played at Optus Stadium in the next 3 or so weeks

I agree you are likely to win next weekend if we play on the Sunday given the respective form of both sides, even injuries aside.

But I reckon you’ll be a guaranteed win if you play on the Thursday. The tigers play particularly well with their backs to the wall. Having to stay in Perth, away from home for a long period... it’s got season defining win written all over it.
i just dont get what some of your supporters are complaining about TBH, you will get Allan and JK back after tye Carlton game, Yeo and Ryan will have another game under their belts before then, you are basically missing McGovern, Kelly & Shuey but none of those 3 will have been back.

We are without Soldo, Nankervis & Lynch, think you guys would much rather play us while those 3 big guys are out.

I just think its whinging for whinging sake really. Our teams are playing shit footy and frustrations are coming to rye surface but hey let's find an excuse and blame something else on our short comings.

23 days all.
A week is 7 days in WA.No one is stopping family travel.Since when are our lives required to stop and start at your convenience ?

Can you post a source to confirm that WA would allow the families of Richmond players in if they flew today?

You have completely forgotten that we were the first to have to hub after your players were highlighted as being the ones refusing to on a certain zoom call. A nicely forgotten piece of the Covid season.
And at the end of the hub the WA players were also refusing to extend the length of their stay.
We went without families and without a return date - you went and made a family vacation out of it complete with multiple breaches and reno requests.
So let's all keep some perspective here please..
The West Coast players had weeks to prepare for the hub. Last year the Victorian clubs had about 48 hours. This time they had less than 12.
The Victorian clubs also went without a return date. It turned into 5 months.

Bitch and moan all you like about our games at the MCG or the Grand final or the lack of travel. But don't try to make it seem like WA clubs were the hardest done by in 2020. You look like an idiot.

Will be pretty roapable if the Eagles bend over and accept this. Massive disadvantage given the injury list and limping into the bye week. Several players in rehab have the game after the bye as a return date.

The season is looking over as finals go but its a dead set joke pandering and disadvantaging yourself to help Richmond avoiding a 2nd flight over. Tigers can go home, have a week off with family and the comp continues as it should. Eagles travel every 2nd week more than most so flying twice in two weeks isnt too much to ask someone else to do as well is it?

Plenty of Eagles and Tigers fans would have planned other activities over the scheduled bye weekend and back the following to attend the game as originally scheduled.
Where this news coming from?

I don’t think it is an unreasonable request. WCE obviously have the power on this occasion, but sometimes by doing the right thing you will get helped out in reverse when a situation arises later in the year/2022.

I don’t think it is an unreasonable request. WCE obviously have the power on this occasion, but sometimes by doing the right thing you will get helped out in reverse when a situation arises later in the year/2022.
Ok that's comedy gold right there

Remove this Banner Ad

Poo Mega Thread AFL asking Eagles to delay bye so Richmond doesnt need to travel twice to WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back