AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

The stadium is great. Looks great, the views from my seats were perfect. Could see everything. Toilets and food/drink was so close and driving in and out was a breeze. Much much easier than Aami or getting in and out of the city during peak hour. Shame about the actual footy though

agree with all this.

but please do not mention again how easy it was to drive in. I want everyone else thinking how easy the public transport options are so I can continue to have a cruisy drive through the city.

would only get the train again if planning on getting on the grog.

It was pretty crowded getting across the bridge after the game, even after hanging out of the oval for the kick around. It was no worse than leaving Etihad after a busy game though so I don't think there's anything to complain about there.

I left home an hour before the bounce yesterday, it took me 40 minutes to get from the front door to my seat. At AAMI if I tried leaving at the same time i'd miss the first quarter waiting in traffic then parking and walking.

The open area on the 5th level of the Riverbank is great. especially on a bright sunny day like yesterday. I think once people experience some of the great places to go and relax after the siren, the mad rush to leave will ease. Maybe a post game happy hour or something with slightly cheaper drink prices would help too.

Overall the stadium provides a massive improvement in going to the footy to me.

I hope they turn down the volume on the speakers. At times it was ear achingly loud and certainly conversation stopping.
So glad they have done away with the crowd noise meter.
Some of the visuals have been an improvement.
The crowd seems little louder than they were at AAMI.

Apart from the result yesterday i had an awesome day at AO. Beer lines were short... Toilets were clean... Food was good... Oval looks awesome. Stood.on the hill for most the game and got myself a little too drunk and easy buses home. Good work SA government

Lindsay Head Terrace was absolutely fantastic. No cues for the bar, heaps of space and the best views in Adelaide. This stadium is much better than i expected - classy finishes, great use of copper out side the stadium, lots of food outlets and bars. Cannot be more impressed. All it needs now is the Crows to start playing football and it will be a brilliant experience.

One thing I noticed was that there was no Ad-e-laide chant. Maybe the open feel of the ground discourages it?
not a bad thing. I also noticed we didn't play our song as we came onto the ground. I know they played that terrible ballad version before the game, but not to have out song as we entered was appalling.

It's hard enough to get a park at the Women's and Childrens at the best of times. I'd like to think that Football fans can find somewhere else to park and let those with a genuine need at the hospital use it.

Can't agree more, having a son that spent some time at the W&C parking is a nightmare, it adds to an already stressful situation. It is poor form for footy patrons to use that carpark IMO.

="Moonwatcher, post: 32414471, member: 53448"]One thing I noticed was that there was no Ad-e-laide chant. Maybe the open feel of the ground discourages it?[/quote]

Plenty of Ad el aide chants where I was in the Eastern stand, it was great, it really made for a great atmosphere especially in the 3rd quarter comeback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting out of the ground at the southern end seemed slower this week. Anybody else experience this?
I wasn't at the showdown so can't compare, but it took a good 30 minutes to get from seat in the members stand to the other side of the bridge. Bottlenecks seemed to be the gap between Adelaide Oval and Memorial Drive, and the bridge itself, neither of which are easily fixed...

I wasn't at the showdown so can't compare, but it took a good 30 minutes to get from seat in the members stand to the other side of the bridge. Bottlenecks seemed to be the gap between Adelaide Oval and Memorial Drive, and the bridge itself, neither of which are easily fixed...

Always thought that would be an issue. Not much space between the river and the oval.

Heaps of space around footy park. Getting out fast was never an issue there.

We'll just have to get used to it I guess.

Always thought that would be an issue. Not much space between the river and the oval.

Heaps of space around footy park. Getting out fast was never an issue there.

We'll just have to get used to it I guess.
If we keep going he way we are, you'll be able to leave at half time, then again that will probably be the busiest time.

I can deal with the slow walk over the bridge, that part didn't bother me. The sardine cram in the train station was the real problem for me though, and many others by the sounds of it.

I laughed when I saw the article in the Sunday Mail singing the praises of the trains at the match. They worked fine on the way in when the load is spread, but on the way out I don't imagine there was a single positive comment made...

I'm curious, when we're talking over bearing and packed trains, are we talking packed like sardines onto the train and people having to wait for the next one?

Or simply having to stand?

All of the above! Was about a 30 minute wait inside the station for the train (after the 30 minute "walk" to get over the bridge into the station), and then for me heading out to Mawson Lakes, another 15 minutes standing inside the train. I would say for at least an hour after the game the entire platform in the railway station was chockers.

Standing doesn't bother me too much, but it does bother my old man, who's not really up for standing an hour at a time these days.

I'm curious, when we're talking over bearing and packed trains, are we talking packed like sardines onto the train and people having to wait for the next one?

Or simply having to stand?

Packed like sardines, not just on the train but in the station too. Trying to get to the northern platforms was harder than negotiating a mosh pit, probably worse considering everyone was so pissed off.

I'll definitely be planning on sticking around somewhere for a bit afterwards rather than leaving immediately from now on. Not the worst thing in the world, don't want to have to every game though.

It's hard enough to get a park at the Women's and Childrens at the best of times. I'd like to think that Football fans can find somewhere else to park and let those with a genuine need at the hospital use it.
I understand the sentiment, however our experience was that it seemed like a large car park and there was a ton of parking there in the Kermode Street car park - then there is the brougham st park just around the corner.

With that said if in future it's starting to look too busy I would head back to the free ones near Melb street :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back