Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
So yes it was supposed to be today. Unfortunately, they have pushed off their visit until next week which is sad I was really looking forward to them coming in. Had some fun things planned out for them, then I heard late yesterday afternoon they need to push it back. Trying to get work out some other things for this week. No Promises about that. Someone asked if it was Dean, but it is not Dean. I'm more than happy for Dean to come in but he never asked.

But let's get to some questions and requests. Of course, I won't be able to get to everything such as gameplay as I really wanted this personality to give their own take on the gameplay since me saying yeah it's good here is this heavily edited video that has been approved by many people just isn't quite the same as having someone giving their own experience on it with supporting footage.

Well, each stadium is a lot to ask there are lots and we don't have unlimited time at the moment but let's do a few. New ones we like to show not on a schedule. We had lots of fun yesterday getting the ones Ross posted. So drip feed it will be for some others.
View attachment 1665190View attachment 1665191View attachment 1665192View attachment 1665193View attachment 1665194View attachment 1665196
I appreciate the little sunshower I got here in this one.

Oooooh now this I won't touch as much as I would like to.

On a 100% completely unrelated note... What some people missed from the launch event was that the 30-second trailer we showed was not the full trailer and there is more to come for that where we want to show some other parts of the game.

Yes

The banners, I'm excited about the banners and not cause I spent a lot of time on them while doing everything else I do in the studio, haha but no. As a whole, I'm sure each department would like to see how people like their work. It also gives us a good baseline for what we can improve on as well as what we have done well. Personally, I like watching people look at stadiums and have a reaction of "That looks like how I remember it" or "I can notice this straight away". I was fortunate enough to spend some time with an AFLW friend of the studio recently and they brought some family members to have a little play and was great seeing their reactions to it all as well.

So previously I had given a specific % number about how many of the stadiums at that current time were in the game based on the list they had. The math man got the number of stadiums correct. But hey you never know maybe some more can be added in. In terms of the exact specific stadiums and grounds, it's another thing we wanted our visitor to show off.

Ok since this was on display at the launch party but we controlled it as we needed to shuffle through as many people as while keeping the lines short on the play units. We wanted to have a number of options as we want to give those who want to go for a long time the option to play for a "whole match"
while also making sure that those who may not have unlimited time have the option to jump in and play a quick match when they have a time slot. So at this moment, we are working with:
2.5 Minutes
3.5 Minutes
5 Minutes
7.5 Minutes
10 Minutes
Full Length

This is not to say we can't add more later.

I know someone wanted a live reaction of Ross and I as we read the posts on the thread. But I had previously posted what I look like a while ago when reading through it all. I can't speak for Ross but this is another one of me sometimes.
Schitts Creek Love GIF by CBC
No LED fencing around the grounds?

So yes it was supposed to be today. Unfortunately, they have pushed off their visit until next week which is sad I was really looking forward to them coming in. Had some fun things planned out for them, then I heard late yesterday afternoon they need to push it back. Trying to get work out some other things for this week. No Promises about that. Someone asked if it was Dean, but it is not Dean. I'm more than happy for Dean to come in but he never asked.

But let's get to some questions and requests. Of course, I won't be able to get to everything such as gameplay as I really wanted this personality to give their own take on the gameplay since me saying yeah it's good here is this heavily edited video that has been approved by many people just isn't quite the same as having someone giving their own experience on it with supporting footage.

Well, each stadium is a lot to ask there are lots and we don't have unlimited time at the moment but let's do a few. New ones we like to show not on a schedule. We had lots of fun yesterday getting the ones Ross posted. So drip feed it will be for some others.
View attachment 1665190View attachment 1665191View attachment 1665192View attachment 1665193View attachment 1665194View attachment 1665196

On a 100% completely unrelated note... What some people missed from the launch event was that the 30-second trailer we showed was not the full trailer and there is more to come for that where we want to show some other parts of the game.

Yes

The banners, I'm excited about the banners and not cause I spent a lot of time on them while doing everything else I do in the studio, haha but no. As a whole, I'm sure each department would like to see how people like their work. It also gives us a good baseline for what we can improve on as well as what we have done well. Personally, I like watching people look at stadiums and have a reaction of "That looks like how I remember it" or "I can notice this straight away". I was fortunate enough to spend some time with an AFLW friend of the studio recently and they brought some family members to have a little play and was great seeing their reactions to it all as well.

So previously I had given a specific % number about how many of the stadiums at that current time were in the game based on the list they had. The math man got the number of stadiums correct. But hey you never know maybe some more can be added in. In terms of the exact specific stadiums and grounds, it's another thing we wanted our visitor to show off.

Ok since this was on display at the launch party but we controlled it as we needed to shuffle through as many people as while keeping the lines short on the play units. We wanted to have a number of options as we want to give those who want to go for a long time the option to play for a "whole match"
while also making sure that those who may not have unlimited time have the option to jump in and play a quick match when they have a time slot. So at this moment, we are working with:
2.5 Minutes
3.5 Minutes
5 Minutes
7.5 Minutes
10 Minutes
Full Length

I know someone wanted a live reaction of Ross and I as we read the posts on the thread. But I had previously posted what I look like a while ago when reading through it all. I can't speak for Ross but this is another one of me sometimes.
This is great, thank you!

Yes, not at all like how much time you seem to have Ambrose

Well if my job was streaming stuff, and someone wanted me to stream something that was ready to go back whenever the discs were printed for an April 13th launch or whenever it was, then yeah I probably could have found time in the last month or so to stream stuff 👍

I dunno how long it takes you to type a post, but it doesn't take that long. Maybe invest in Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing?

Last edited:
Well if my job was streaming stuff, and someone wanted me to stream something that was ready to go back whenever the discs were printed for an April 13th launch or whenever it was, then yeah I probably could have found time in the last month or so to stream stuff 👍

I dunno how long it takes you to type a post, but it doesn't take thst long. Maybe invest in Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing?

I clearly struck a nerve.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes

2.5 Minutes
3.5 Minutes
5 Minutes
7.5 Minutes
10 Minutes
Full Length

Literally doing anything you can to avoid posting game play.

Not sure how you figured that based on a still image but they are LEDs. The trailer and launch night build both had scrolling LEDs.
Because the LEDs show the same ad around the whole ground. They don't have one slot for toyota, one for maccas, one for crypto. It looks really odd and off putting.

Thanks for all the info JNT! Is it too much to ask to maybe get a gameplay vid of you against Ross for a quarter? 🤞🏽

Yes

2.5 Minutes
3.5 Minutes
5 Minutes
7.5 Minutes
10 Minutes
Full Length

I’m available to come in tomorrow if you like?
I’ve got some experience with AFL games, posting on forums, Facebook groups etc… I promise to film in 8k video and attempt to appease the BigFooty masses.
Please note - if my application is not successful then I can’t guarantee I won’t post like a rejected lover and take to Twitter to vent my anger.
Squads.

Yes

2.5 Minutes
3.5 Minutes
5 Minutes
7.5 Minutes
10 Minutes
Full Length

Does the roof open?

Also BGLMedia more than happy to come and capture some footage 😉

Michaels you’re up mate!! Would be happy to see him get the call up since his video from launch was the longest, got the most clarifications and he doesnt knock what he’s seen!

I have sent JNT BA a message offering my services just now.

But I also acknowledge im a small fry in comparison to other creators but I'd at least be able to give a comparison perspective of launch kit vs current version.

Ill ditch work tomorrow if necessary.

Serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back