Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It baffles me that people use content creators as an avenue to gain transparent opinions on upcoming releases, soon as they all realised theyd get no income from playing the game they all stopped playing it...
I thought it was funny Twistie had that stuck in the mud glitch trying to play on but couldn't question the actual game, so just blamed the in universe/game umpire.

Not sure but I actually added Gresham, Goldy and McKay to the Dons and then played the Saints in a game and Gresham was playing for both sides and Essendon had two number 4ā€™s

But Evo 2 got laughed at by a certain someone when even they got these basic elements of the game right šŸ¤£
I see, thanks. Its hilarious that if you update a player and move him to his new team, he just gets duplicated. Seriously this cant be that hard to get rightā€¦.? Every other sports game has managed this.
Thatā€™s because itā€™s not swapping players, you are making another copy of the team as you are editing that team - thatā€™s what JNT has said

It baffles me that people use content creators as an avenue to gain transparent opinions on upcoming releases, soon as they all realised theyd get no income from playing the game they all stopped playing it...

Tanking their own credibility was worth it though.

Not that being a twitch streamer is having much in the credibility stakes anyway.

Not that being a twitch streamer is having much in the credibility stakes anyway.
Not sure why all the hate towards streamers here, bit out of order to be honest.

I'm sure you have a hobbie not all would like or agree with but no one bashes you for it.

No one tanked any of their own credibility either.

I think a few really miss understand or just simply don't want to understand how that side all worked.

We aren't paid minions, we were simply just given an opportunity to show the game off and give thoughts.

Clearly the version of the game given to us to show off and the state of that is up for debate, even I was a bit confused as to why we were given access to something that wasn't the most up to date version, but the explanation that was given was understandable at the time.

People throwing shade at others for liking the game at certain points in time is just stupid as it is their own opinion, they are allowed to have liked it.. you can say you didn't like it, but it doesn't give people a right to shit can others because they did like it.

We aren't paid minions, we were simply just given an opportunity to show the game off and give thoughts.

The naivety here is on another level.

The point is that influencers aren't neutral third parties, and nobody should be treating them as such.

The naivety here is on another level.

The point is that influencers aren't neutral third parties, and nobody should be treating them as such.
See this is where you are fundamentally wrong. A influencer is paid by a brand to advertise their product and need to tick off boxes and requirements as part of the contract. e.g must create 3 x videos showcasing x, y and z.

We were not influencers. If you can go back through any of our videos and find the tag that says "sponsored post" or "paid ad" under it which you legally have to do it you're a paid influencer, then I will agree with you.

We are simply just content creators who have a background in that genre and were not paid, and I stress again, not paid, to test run a game and give it some exposure. Unlike the influencer reference you made there was zero obligation to be all hunky dory and super positive at all costs.

In fact, all 3 of us had publicly given negative opinions on aspects of the game and things that we want to see improved and where the game needs to go. Like a lot of gamers we just really want the game to be the best it can be, cause we love AFL.

The only real difference is I feel, which is where some like yourself may get a bit conflicted and confused, that in some instances on certain topics that I was able to provide some extra context on certain things when I felt posters were being unreasonable because of what I knew and the discussions I had.

I always feel it is important that everyone knew as much as possible to make inform decisions / opinions on any game, so sometimes I felt things needed to be balanced out if there was extra context to be added, which a lot of people appreciated.

Granted a lot of the context I was providing really would have been better suited coming from BA themselves and may have saved a lot of heartache in some instances.

I wouldn't put content creators all in the same boat, there's some who were honest and not diplomatic about it. Usually they had no relationship with the developer, though, so they had nothing to lose speaking their mind about the game.

If you were really a pro-consumer advocate as you so like to portray yourself, you wouldn't be fishing so hard to provide every benefit of the doubt you could to the developers.

No one is saying you were bought and paid for, just that you're a small time streamer who has inherent bias due to the access given.

If you were really a pro-consumer advocate as you so like to portray yourself, you wouldn't be fishing so hard to provide every benefit of the doubt you could to the developers.

No one is saying you were bought and paid for, just that you're a small time streamer who has inherent bias due to the access given.
which is all wrong when it comes to bias..

but you just carry on doing you!

An equally as bad component of this game to me is also how usually in the exact same passage of play, the players up the ground all circulate to a spot, disperse from it and do it again 10m up the ground. This game plays nothing like footy does in 2023.
Absolutely, I play eFootball a lot and that game has me coming back to it because you can change your formations and the way you play and try to score with each match. You can choose to flood any area of the ground, and how you want to pace your players around it. That should have been in AFL 23 on top of basic functioning movements...

In fact, all 3 of us had publicly given negative opinions on aspects of the game and things that we want to see improved and where the game needs to go. Like a lot of gamers we just really want the game to be the best it can be, cause we love AFL.

Which is something I respect, especially when you 3 mightā€™ve been under some pressure to give favourable impressions but it wouldā€™ve been too hard to act unbothered by the state of the game at release. Also it shouldnt have been on you to be the broker between BA and us in respect of whats being worked on and what isnt etc., the communications been shocking from the start from them.

See this is where you are fundamentally wrong. A influencer is paid by a brand to advertise their product and need to tick off boxes and requirements as part of the contract. e.g must create 3 x videos showcasing x, y and z.

We were not influencers. If you can go back through any of our videos and find the tag that says "sponsored post" or "paid ad" under it which you legally have to do it you're a paid influencer, then I will agree with you.

We are simply just content creators who have a background in that genre and were not paid, and I stress again, not paid, to test run a game and give it some exposure. Unlike the influencer reference you made there was zero obligation to be all hunky dory and super positive at all costs.

The only real difference is I feel, which is where some like yourself may get a bit conflicted and confused, that in some instances on certain topics that I was able to provide some extra context on certain things when I felt posters were being unreasonable because of what I knew and the discussions I had.

I always feel it is important that everyone knew as much as possible to make inform decisions / opinions on any game, so sometimes I felt things needed to be balanced out if there was extra context to be added, which a lot of people appreciated.

Granted a lot of the context I was providing really would have been better suited coming from BA themselves and may have saved a lot of heartache in some instances.

I've been involved in numerous marketing campaigns that involved influencers, I know how this works.

Some get product, some get access, some get carte blanche to do what they want (if they're big enough, and with some guidelines).

You weren't paid financially, you were paid in exposure and views, so the no money changing hands is irrelevant, you got something out of the exchange (viewers), so again you are not a disinterested, neutral, third party.

At this point, I think it's wilful ignorance to claim neutrality when you're involved in the marketing of a product.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been involved in numerous marketing campaigns that involved influencers, I know how this works.

Some get product, some get access, some get carte blanche to do what they want (if they're big enough, and with some guidelines).

You weren't paid financially, you were paid in exposure and views, so the no money changing hands is irrelevant, you got something out of the exchange (viewers), so again you are not a disinterested, neutral, third party.

At this point, I think it's wilful ignorance to claim neutrality when you're involved in the marketing of a product.
and I think it's wilful ignorance to think I or anyone else was obligated to give any views one way or another, we were free to do and say as we please, so very much neutral.

I could understand your stance if I was actively saying you must buy this game, cannot miss, best thing since sliced bread etc. but that never happened.

It has always been about showing the gameplay, answering questions as openly and honestly as possible be it a good or bad answer, and letting everyone decide for themselves what they want to do.

PLENTY of times someone asked 'should I buy this game' and not once did I say flat out yes. I always answered by saying it depends on what you want to get out of it. here are the good points, here are what's missing and the bad points, up to you what you want to do.

It is not my job or my responsibility to persuade anyone to do anything, you're all old enough and ugly enough to make up your own minds.

I get you don't want to accept or acknowledge that impartial view, but that is the reality of how it played out.

Guys, Honestly.... At this point.

If you want any sort of justice for how bad this game is and being sold a false bag of goods, Just send in your complaints to the ACCC about it and move on.

There's no real point to bay for blood. Big Ant's reputation is already destroyed, They're not gonna do anything to make it right and no point arguing with people who like the game or the people who promoted it. It's not really going to achieve anything. It's not suddenly gonna make AFL 23 any good or get you your money back. We were all taken for a ride by Big Ant. The only way they get punished for this is if the ACCC punishes them and we don't buy any of their upcoming games.

No point flogging a dead horse here. You live, you learn. We all know not to trust Big Ant again and to be very skeptical about what they do if they end up making another AFL game.

Not really much else you can do at this point.

I get you don't want to accept or acknowledge that impartial view, but that is the reality of how it played out.

You're missing my point, again, YOU'RE NOT IMPARTIAL.

Anyway, I'm done here.

Iā€™ve agreed that the stuck in the mud issue is still an issue and needs fixing.

The reality with small time sports games is that youā€™re paying for something that starts out ok and gradually gets better with each iteration
The reality is bigantā€™s cricket 24 is no better than cricket 22.

What a ridiculous take

He said they see 2K and EA as their competition, which is true, EA and 2K are the big names in sports games.

Iā€™m sure most WAFL teams would love to be as good as Collingwood but they donā€™t have the same funding and resources so expecting them to be as good would be ridiculous.
Bad example because WAFL teams have not stated Collingwood as their competition. Bigant state Ea as a competitor therefore, they have asked to be judged at that standard. What is a competitor if not trying to be better than they are?

Bad example because WAFL teams have not stated Collingwood as their competition. Bigant state Ea as a competitor therefore, they have asked to be judged at that standard. What is a competitor if not trying to be better than they are?
i donā€™t think that Ross or anyone at Big Ant genuinely believe theyā€™re anywhere near EA or 2K level, the reality is AFL games are competing against games like NBA2K and EA FC

You're missing my point, again, YOU'RE NOT IMPARTIAL.

Anyway, I'm done here.
No, you're missing the point.
I am and have proved I am by way of fact, your view is based off your own opinion and views rather than factual.

you're just running with what suits your own agenda.

Carry on.

Wow, this chat has more drama than Days of our Lives!

Fox Tv Popcorn GIF by The Four

To me, its a case of the locals getting restless and after enduring months of negativity, they are starting to turn on their own.
Bit 'Lord of the Flies' vibe happening right now.

Michaels - F the haters mate. I can say that I have appreciated your content and honesty when it comes to this game and you keep doing good things buddy.
As for the rest of us... Season 2023 is over, trade period has wrapped up, so lets maybe go back into hibernation for a few months and hopefully we don't wake up hangry in 2024.

Peace out :peace:

To me, its a case of the locals getting restless and after enduring months of negativity, they are starting to turn on their own.

Fair but hard to argue it isn't warranted though. When X Y & Z gets promised and bragged about all along and then the game gets released broken and the reps go radio silent, what else would you expect? Footy is our national sport, weā€™re all wanting the game to be its best and have the required TLC but alas, it went south and the people responsible just go dark on everyone.

Then Rossco shouldn't have said it! Simple! That was the most ridiculous statement Rossco could have ever made but shows the arrogance of the guy.
Itā€™s not arrogance at all, he didnā€™t say they were as good as EA or 2K, he said they were the competition, which they are as those studios make the benchmark for modern sports games.

Itā€™s not arrogance at all, he didnā€™t say they were as good as EA or 2K, he said they were the competition, which they are as those studios make the benchmark for modern sports games.
To be clear though, he was saying that to indicate they were beyond comparison with Wicked Witch. Which actually IS arrogant, as they definitely are still at that level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back