Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Console got it too. Didnā€™t notice a single difference if Iā€™m honest šŸ’šŸ½ā€ā™‚ļø

Yeah but at least stability was improved šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļøšŸ¤£. In all honesty this time next week itā€™s August which means itā€™s just another lie about the Xbox releases being on time and the completely vanished Pro Team which was in testing a month ago. 4 months ago this week was the launch night when everyones interest was at its absolute peak, look at it now. What a spectacular fall from grace šŸ˜³

I still think half the stuff thats popped up like stats and the running goal meter were made after the May 4th release too šŸ¤·šŸ»ā€ā™‚ļø

Iā€™m almost 100% certain your correct with that. I remember Ross coming in here and telling us about this amazing on the run metre that they had it testing because the old on the run kick went through the goals everytime. The stats popping up when players line up for goals? That was also included late when people on here kept saying how good it would be if that was includedā€¦ Bounce button instead of releasing sprint like a pleb? You guessed it, it came from here.

Big ant are acting so hard done by from comments in here, but such simple things that have been included post release came from this very forum. Itā€™s actually so childish, you come into a forum which therefore makes you fair game then you cry and leave this forum and create your own because you didnā€™t like how people were talking about the game.

Imagine if EA joined a forum to touch base with their consumers, then they said nope I donā€™t like the way your speaking about my game and created their own forum. Theyā€™d be a laughing stock.

Eh anyways, answer to your question is yes.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Iā€™m almost 100% certain your correct with that. I remember Ross coming in here and telling us about this amazing on the run metre that they had it testing because the old on the run kick went through the goals everytime. The stats popping up when players line up for goals? That was also included late when people on here kept saying how good it would be if that was includedā€¦ Bounce button instead of releasing sprint like a pleb? You guessed it, it came from here.

Yeah 100% that a lot of things were added post-release. It just doesnt make sense as to why. If you go back and watch Twistie and Cadenā€™s videos from the week before release, that ā€˜buildā€™ didnt have tactics, didnt have stats on set shots, didnt have the wind on the coin toss and also didnt have the goal run meter. If these things were actually developed before the game then why werenā€™t they in the Launch build or when you get your 3 biggest content creators to come demo the game a WEEK before it released?! Like everything else so far, makes zero sense.

Yeah 100% that a lot of things were added post-release. It just doesnt make sense as to why. If you go back and watch Twistie and Cadenā€™s videos from the week before release, that ā€˜buildā€™ didnt have tactics, didnt have stats on set shots, didnt have the wind on the coin toss and also didnt have the goal run meter. If these things were actually developed before the game then why werenā€™t they in the Launch build or when you get your 3 biggest content creators to come demo the game a WEEK before it released?! Like everything else so far, makes zero sense.
There was never a ā€˜final buildā€™. Thatā€™s why everything is being developed on the fly.
Not to mention ProTeam which we were told would be ready on release day and 3 months later, itā€™s still in testing ?
The issue is that BigAnt treats their customers like idiots. Like we donā€™t know any better. Itā€™s embarrassing

Can someone genuinely explain how they didn't notice the AI goal kicking bug before they released the latest patch? It legitimately boggles my mind.
See this is again a case of Bigant not being honest. The previous patch was apparently being tested externally which is why it took 3 to 4 weeks to finally hit consoles. Yet this patch and then the one over night were released pretty quickly. Didn't Rossco say that all patches for consoles would now be tested externally? If that's true how did the AI goal kicking bug not get picked up? Just reeks of bull***t.

They simply just ignore certain questions and respond to other ones. The question they ignore seem to be more so on management mode and added features. This is again why I have said and will continue to say, I honestly believe that management mode is as bare as it was meant to be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the patch from 5 or so days ago as bad as some are saying. I am yet to try it myself, but hesitant if the state of it is just going to frustrate me more than what itā€™s worth.

Is the patch from 5 or so days ago as bad as some are saying. I am yet to try it myself, but hesitant if the state of it is just going to frustrate me more than what itā€™s worth.

I think its more the angst/frustration of not much actually improving.

I can still play the game the same way I have been since early/mid June. That said so far this week I've only played 1 full game on Monday night, Tuesday night only a quarter before I got invited to a GTA lobby and last night I opted to finish the Rambo movie marathon I started the other night.

I just fired up a game and man! You can really notice the improved stability!

Instead of crashing with 5 minutes to go in the final quarter, it now crashes directly on the final siren!!

I played the latest patch and was surprised at how much better handballing was. You can actually chain together passes now.

Hit the 150 hours played milestone just before, hip hip hooray :p

Player goes to handpass the ball, intended receiver fumbles the pick up, original player gathers his own fumbled handball.

User Error - thinking I had the space and it would bend in - failed attempt at goal

The most obvious push in the back you'll ever see

Will Day with the snap of the match

Non-user user error (the tackle did it!)

As you can see in the Will Day snap shot video, the game was in pure daylight..................................
I selected a night time match

facepalm-really.gif

The match itself was pretty good, Richmond kept getting and building a lead. Hawthorn would catch up every time. Richmond had momentum in the final quarter and had a 23 point lead with 11 minutes to go. But Hawthorn clawed their way back (4 goals in 3 minutes) to take the lead, and would gradually build a 24 point lead of their own. Richmond fought back again, but eventually went down by 16 points.

Has there actually been any improvements, info, good things to report?

Honestly it played the best it has right before they released this buggy quick fix patchā€¦ since they released it:

My players have started to teleport everywhere. Instead of trying to mark the ball in contests my players are running in circles allowing the AI to just stand there and mark it. When the AI kick out, they kick it about 5 metres every single time and the whole game slows down like it canā€™t handle it then once itā€™s out of the 50 goes back to normal speed. Tiny players out-marking Gawn. My players about to have the ball fall into his hands then the ball miraculously defeats gravity and teleports up so the AI can punch it.

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more, itā€™s even depressing to write

Hit the 150 hours played milestone just before, hip hip hooray :p

Player goes to handpass the ball, intended receiver fumbles the pick up, original player gathers his own fumbled handball.

User Error - thinking I had the space and it would bend in - failed attempt at goal

The most obvious push in the back you'll ever see

Will Day with the snap of the match

Non-user user error (the tackle did it!)

As you can see in the Will Day snap shot video, the game was in pure daylight..................................
I selected a night time match

facepalm-really.gif

The match itself was pretty good, Richmond kept getting and building a lead. Hawthorn would catch up every time. Richmond had momentum in the final quarter and had a 23 point lead with 11 minutes to go. But Hawthorn clawed their way back (4 goals in 3 minutes) to take the lead, and would gradually build a 24 point lead of their own. Richmond fought back again, but eventually went down by 16 points.

So the player on the mark just stands there after you've clearly played on, coming off your line. Also not one opposition coming off the side to put any pressure on.
I thought these guys were passionate about the sport, surely they would know about small details like this.
This game looks so average

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 with added Pro Team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back