Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team, more like No Team

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also think we need genuine packs forming around the ground to make it even harder. One player jumping over another is one thing, but when you have 8 other blokes to contest against, the difficulty of a specky should then dramatically increase. With how open the game currently is, it’s a fine line with timing a specky because if you master it, it can still be OP/abused Online
And the bigger the pack the lower your chances of actually taking a mark. Footy games always seem to have struggled with the idea that if multiple players go for a mark, it'll often spill out rather than just going to the guy with the best mark stat.

And the bigger the pack the lower your chances of actually taking a mark. Footy games always seem to have struggled with the idea that if multiple players go for a mark, it'll often spill out rather than just going to the guy with the best mark stat.
Like a collision system. I think Evolution 2 had it so you walk or run into players it stops you from moving, I think in 23 you just warp into players.

Like a collision system. I think Evolution 2 had it so you walk or run into players it stops you from moving, I think in 23 you just warp into players.
From memory Evo 2 would warp a little bit into the jostling animation.
I liked the idea they had with the jostling (right stick) / push against (X to hold position) process, but never really got the hang of it… did anyone master it?

when do you guys reckon we are getting pro team, Its been like 5 weeks since they said they submitted so something obviously is wrong.

when do you guys reckon we are getting pro team, Its been like 5 weeks since they said they submitted so something obviously is wrong.
Tbh, until I see anything to convince me otherwise, my thoughts are it'll get to the point that they'll can it for this release and use it as a selling point for the next version.

The thing was in "testing phase" over a year ago. There simply must be a reason it's still not in the game.

From memory Evo 2 would warp a little bit into the jostling animation.
I liked the idea they had with the jostling (right stick) / push against (X to hold position) process, but never really got the hang of it… did anyone master it?
I mean like in a marking contest with other players, you'd be blocked by opposition players if you run into them.

Oh really? Had no idea.

I honestly still think AFL 98/99 had the best marking mechanics.

Pressing the mark button would launch the player immediately into the air and it felt like you actually had control. Feel like all games since have ruined this part of the game.

Spoiling in the game is also way too easy. I’ve noticed even if I haven’t selected the player under the ball, using spoil would still trigger that player to spoil.
I can't even spoil. Marking and spoiling is really one-sided to the CPU for me lol

Sent from my CPH2451 using Tapatalk

I can't even spoil. Marking and spoiling is really one-sided to the CPU for me lol

What difficulty are you playing on?
If you create a Custom Difficulty with sliders, you can check the default values for your normal Game Difficulty.
I believe for Hardest, the Marking and Spoiling for a user is nerfed (like, instead of 50/50 from Medium difficulty, they're set at about 45...making the CPU better in general).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you create a Custom Difficulty with sliders, you can check the default values for your normal Game Difficulty.
I believe for Hardest, the Marking and Spoiling for a user is nerfed (like, instead of 50/50 from Medium difficulty, they're set at about 45...making the CPU better in general).
The sliders are broken, too. For a test I made marking like 0 in sliders for CPU/User and the CPU was still marking the ball in contested play.

I am playing on the hardest difficulty. It all used to work okay until like 2 patches ago?

I only play a game very rarely, but even with all the jankness throughout the past year, I never remember it being that much of an issue.

I am playing on the hardest difficulty. It all used to work okay until like 2 patches ago?

I only play a game very rarely, but even with all the jankness throughout the past year, I never remember it being that much of an issue.

They tune the difficulties each patch too, so I think Hardest changed to be even harder in the patch where sliders were added.

The sliders are broken, too. For a test I made marking like 0 in sliders for CPU/User and the CPU was still marking the ball in contested play.
That’s really surprising because I noticed a huge difference in my marking/spoiling ability with values from 42 to 47.
46 is what I find to be my sweet spot for ‘difficult but not impossible’.

Have been playing the pc version less over the last week, at some point last week I was experimenting and adjusting settings..... which in turn has made the game like it was back at launch (initially). I've now got some motion blur going on when the game moves left to right/right to left (aka so pretty much all game). As a result it makes things harder to see clearly and thus the game is harder to play (and much more of an eye-sore). Do you think I can remember the steps on how I solved it to get it playable the last time ? nopeeeeeeee haha.

Here's a video from the game play last night, motion blur mostly gone now... but a pretty good play (I thought) haha.

Taken from a match that I jumped in and out of - mostly kept as AI v AI, but I jumped in at times to keep things close for an eventual comeback for either side in the final quarter. I jumped back in as the Eagles 4 goals down with 90 seconds to go. Ended up losing by 7 points (got it down to 12 points, but Geelong kicked away again.... but I managed to peg it down to 7 just as the siren went.

Soooo ahhh this ‘short delay’ for ‘pro team’ is going as expected………………
Ease up turbo. Don't you know that platform holders take over a month to approve every game's patches?

Ease up turbo. Don't you know that platform holders take over a month to approve every game's patches?

taylor swift haters gonna hate GIF

Its almost a month since it was due out so it would've been 2 months since they submitted it. (If they submitted on time which is probably unlikely)

And still no update on what's happening and when we can expect it.

Just waiting for the condescending replies to this saying you don't understand game dev.

'B-b-but their first time doing microtransactions'.

Just waiting for the condescending replies to this saying you don't understand game dev.

'B-b-but their first time doing microtransactions'.
Worth noting also that the game's content rating has included "in-game purchases" from the start, which surely means the existence of such a mode had to have been already somewhat approved/present if it was rated by the content board.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back