Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:

Small thing, but can we have the option to skip the coin toss. That coin flipping animation is so incredibly unnecessary it hurts.
Can't it just be a quick flip and choose?

Why did BA force the stupid slow mo flip thing, and the 10 seconds deliberation every time?

Surely the models are there, just keep a fixed zoom of the 4 people involved and once a direction is chosen, just point that way?
Feels like unneccesary coding time spent on this really bizarre cut scene (including a detailed model of a random BA bloke) instead of core gamely elements

Can't it just be a quick flip and choose?

Why did BA force the stupid slow mo flip thing, and the 10 seconds deliberation every time?

Surely the models are there, just keep a fixed zoom of the 4 people involved and once a direction is chosen, just point that way?
Feels like unneccesary coding time spent on this really bizarre cut scene instead of cote gamely elements

Unskippable cutscenes are the devil.

Yeah good point actually I think one or both them being fixed will change the flow of gameplay immensely.

Goal kicking needs to be more challenging as well. We should be seeing more behinds from AI and user. A lot of people have mentioned this. Evo 2 actually patched in a higher difficulty later into the life cycle.

Goal kicking needs to be more challenging as well. We should be seeing more behinds from AI and user. A lot of people have mentioned this. Evo 2 actually patched in a higher difficulty later into the life cycle.
Sliders. The game needs sliders. (And for BA, does the accuracy take into account individual players accuracy stats?)

Last edited:
JNT BA will there be any fine tuning for the lower difficulties. It feels like no matter what difficulty the game is set to, it feels really difficult

Fair point, but in my opinion that should be a lesser priority to the other two issues in terms of gameplay and congestion and the flow of the game, not to say that this doesn't need improving among many other things but for me I would hope the tackling distance and movement/input lag as being more important while the goal kicking is way to easy, its still at least working.

I've just tried entering 4 online games since the patch on PS5. The exact same thing happens every time:

• Opponent chooses his team. I choose mine, and then when it comes to jersey selection is shows the opposition team is using the same team as me when they aren't.

343316081_607468658077623_5986892392752142546_n.jpg

• Then you'll get the loading screen that's half one teams logo and half the other teams logo. It will hang there for about 10 seconds.

• Then it will crash to dashboard.
It's actually a joke at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A little snippet of a larger explanation:
"Wait for the umpire to bounce or throw the ball up, and push the "right stick" when the ball is at its peak."
Perhaps I have just been doing it badly, but this is what I have been doing since the beginning and not infrequently I'm still losing hitouts in the realm of 0-30 some games (pre-weekend PS5 patches).

In my experience, the hitouts seem too perfectly weighted to who has the higher hitout rating. When I play as Tim English I can almost never get a hitout, but it was less an issue as other rucks.

Again, might be a user issue, but just my 2c.

EDIT: if anybody wants to test this, English v Preuss is one of the ones that almost always ends in me losing every hitout

Last edited:
I was disappointed to be away from my PS5 until June. Now I'm glad that there will be a month of patches, and I'll come back to a much improved game.

Is the congestion issue supposedly fixed in this update or is that patch coming later tonight?

Sometimes it takes 2-3 ball ups before I manage a clearance at a stoppage.

Perhaps I have just been doing it badly, but this is what I have been doing since the beginning and not infrequently I'm still losing hitouts in the realm of 0-30 some games (pre-weekend PS5 patches).

In my experience, the hitouts seem too perfectly weighted to who has the higher hitout rating. When I play as Tim English I can almost never get a hitout, but it was less an issue as other rucks.

Again, might be a user issue, but just my 2c.
I cannot win a single centre bounce hitout as Rhys Stanley. Maybe some of the general ball ups around the ground, but that's it.

Love that the ‘disposal while being wrapped up’ is the mini-game in a match.
Choosing whether to hold onto it, or get a handball… or a scrubbed kick away…
And then… ‘was there prior?’ being a factor.

Plus also, the mis-kick when being tackled as you’re kicking… exactly right!
Yes the animation takes a while, and that’s why you’re caught when you’re 5m free… but I think the clearance kick is quicker and you’re less likely to get caught (but might be a random kick).
Whats the button for clearance kick?

Yep. I did a Play Now, and interchange worked.
My interchanges still don't work :( I've only tried dragging midfielders/rucks but it just doesn't happen at all

On PS5 it's L2+X. I think that'd be L2 + A on PC.
Thanks! Will remember that . Clearing the congestion is my struggle right now + exhausted players that won't leave the field

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back