Multiplat AFL 23: Launch Thread (Xbox release date TBC)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
STATE OF PLAY:
  • The game is out for Steam and PlayStation. There have been issues with Xbox release and it is unclear when the game will be available.
  • Big Ant are aware that there are playability issues & bugs at present.
  • Content has been temporarily removed from the game to identify where the issues lie.
  • This content will be re-introduced via patches in the coming days.
  • Big Ant have released a summary of what is to be reintroduced, which can be seen below.

Issues & constructive criticism are best communicated to: support.bigant.com

Michaels Twitch video with QA from Ross(BigAntStudios) from 31:40

Last edited:
That might be it! I was turning everything to low to try and fix the framerate on the laptop. Nice work.

Key takeout - don't buy this game on Steam without a decent rig.
If you're checking out lighting issues, have a look at Optus Stadium during a night game. I am pretty sure I had a bright blue sky and lens flare from the sun.

I've been trying to share my created teams but get an error about the Big Ant server. I uploaded one team but the others give me the error message.
Any ideas?
If you contact the team at BA QA they'll help out.

support.bigant.com

Had a look at Waverly, kinda sucks the game doesn't have any similar stand to waverlys
3e52e4732bbe88482613a6e89ece39e4

View attachment 1681948

Man I miss Waverley. It wasn’t the MCG but nothing gives nostalgia like Waverley in the 90s.

Man I miss Waverley. It wasn’t the MCG but nothing gives nostalgia like Waverley in the 90s.
Parking near the gates, rather than the ground, so as to save 2 hours getting out :)

Should be able to live on with the stadium creator, if it gets updated further we might even be able to recreate the original design for VFL park
acee01156a0ff400294491fe4de615ce

It downloaded something on my steam deck - might be yesterdays patch (oops)...
Got me all excited :thumbsdownv1:

Think yesterday's patch was 1.3gb? If that's what you had that's the one (albeit my computer was off for the weekend so could be less)

Told a friend what to expect with the patch (PS user), told him the AI gets much tougher. He's not impressed haha, but then I must be doing something wrong/reading the plays wrongly (or just hitting buttons too early/late) but to go from thrashing the AI to being thrashed myself is a bit of a WTF moment.

Next PC patch should hit around 9:30 pm (well if Saturday/Sunday night was any guide) I know others on here got the update a little earlier as well. But for me it was 9:25pm last night.

I'm doing the full sweep - PS5, PS4, the ol beast (RTX 3090) and a gaming laptop.

The gaming laptop really struggles, it must be the 3050 it has. Highly underwhelming.

The light issue happened after I changed the graphics settings back to FXAA. Maybe a coincidence, if so a highly curious one. Haven't seen it on console.

In general terms I think the real champ here is the PS4, it can crash like any other build but it's otherwise smooth as butter and the difference between it and the 3090 is negligible. Good to see the legacy crowd looked after.

I'm still experimenting with the settings on pc, I'm trying to match the quality of those that are streaming the game, for some reason I'm getting a lot of what I feel is motion blur despite the setting being disabled (hard to describe but seeing the players move left to right or right to left wasn't smooth - not like motion jitter/judder.... but then other people didn't really see what I could see when I posted the video on Saturday night).

I'll probably end up getting it on Xbox as well (it was my intended platform, then pc after!) of course more bugs need to be ironed out before I commit. I did the Xbox/PC/Switch triple threat with Evolution 2 :p

Got me all excited :thumbsdownv1:

Think yesterday's patch was 1.3gb? If that's what you had that's the one (albeit my computer was off for the weekend so could be less)

Was 1.96gb

This might have been answered earlier but what is the deal with the marking/spoiling/hitouts in this game? Is there like a timing factor to it (is there a small bar I'm not seeing) or is it just kinda random.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This might have been answered earlier but what is the deal with the marking/spoiling/hitouts in this game? Is there like a timing factor to it (is there a small bar I'm not seeing) or is it just kinda random.

Must pester JNT BA or BigAntStudios to write up a game guide or instructions (other than just the controller layout) :p

At the moment I don't think it works properly, if at all tbh.

Pretty sure the player with the higher stats is always going to win regardless of what you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back