Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 8 - Demons v Cats Sat May 4th 7:30pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 17.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 30 44.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Credit to Goodwin and the dees, they knew how to take our game away and did it. I just feel sorry for the neutrals having to watch that on free to air.
If you sliced the second quarter of the game out it probably wasn't that bad, but certainly not top 4 quality. The poor goal kicking by both sides was the mark against it.

If you sliced the second quarter of the game out it probably wasn't that bad, but certainly not top 4 quality. The poor goal kicking by both sides was the mark against it.
I think the poor quality kicking was a product of the Melbourne structure. Dees had nothing to kick to and neither did we

What an insightful comment. Taken straight from the ch7 commentary team who couldn't think of anything else to say.

Thank you. Teams that aren't going to be around the mark. Fremantle, Bulldogs

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I guess the upside is that we had awful games from some of our key players and didn't lose by much. But Melbourne didn't allow us to move the ball as easily as Carlton did.

Great game by both teams.

That's one of the biggest wins Melbourne have had in a while. The Cats force teams to go to war for four quarters and it looked like the Dees were throwing it away with wasteful conversion. Huge win for them.

Credit to Goodwin and the dees, they knew how to take our game away and did it. I just feel sorry for the neutrals having to watch that on free to air.
We will have to go away and really analyse what they did from that.

Everything went melbournes way and nothing went ours all night.

Incredibly poor performance from cameron cam guthrie hawkins jack henry. Easily the worst they have played all season in a rare one.

Simon Goodwin terrorism ball
5xWEHF3.gif

Back