AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

You know what really cheeses me off in this game?

No player career stats!

I'd really like to see my new draftees games/goals record when they're the only ones on the team (i.e 2020) and Juddy's 350 games, 400 goals when he retires :D

I've just started playing on Hard today and I love it. At last, the game is PLAYABLE! :D

Oh and you need the Ross Glendinning medal if you're going to have the Anzac Medal ;)

Im still loving this game! played a match against West Coast, got out to a handy lead, so i implemented a major flood! my half forwads and wings were all in the backline. Managed to hold on by 9 pts too...

matera_goal said:
You know what really cheeses me off in this game?

No player career stats!

I'd really like to see my new draftees games/goals record when they're the only ones on the team (i.e 2020) and Juddy's 350 games, 400 goals when he retires :D

I've just started playing on Hard today and I love it. At last, the game is PLAYABLE! :D

Oh and you need the Ross Glendinning medal if you're going to have the Anzac Medal ;)

It is disapppointing not having career stats. It would be great to see a draftee who you have worked hard on improving rack up his 200th game or something, that will add longevity to the game.

Agreed about Ross Glendinning, also gotta have the Showdown Medal too, cant forget us players from outside Vic!

RoosterLad said:
It is disapppointing not having career stats. It would be great to see a draftee who you have worked hard on improving rack up his 200th game or something, that will add longevity to the game.

Agreed about Ross Glendinning, also gotta have the Showdown Medal too, cant forget us players from outside Vic!
Oops, forgot about that one :eek:.

It's odd how a game that is waaaay better than 2005 is missing a great feature.

P.S Play the game on hard mode, it's bloody awesome :thumbsu:

EDIT: I'm up to Round 21, 10-10 W/L record vying for a spot in the finals. Played every match so far on Hard and I hope to draft an awesome FF to take over when Brad Smith retires.

EDIT #2: Matt Spangher debuted Round 20 vs Dockers, kicked 3 goals from a HFF ;)

EDIT #3: Brad Smith has had a killer season, kicking bags of 5 regularly and one haul of 9, but has recurring knee troubles (eerie :eek:)

EDIT #4: Ben McKinley debuted Round 17 and has kicked a major in every game so far :thumbsu:

I'm in 2007 and St. Kilda's team has some new recruits here they are:

Jude Bolton, Mark Johnson, Barry Hall, Josh Mahoney, Saverio Rocca, Jonathan Hay, Troy Makepeace.

The trade system is pretty laughable ha I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in my 2007 season with Port Adelaide, of coarse, and the only trade I made was Stuart Dew and pick #147 to Melbourne for Byron Pickett.

2-0 so far :D Had a 36 point win over the Roo's at AAMI in Round 1 and a 76 point win over Melbourne at the MCG in Round 2. Pickett kicked 6 goals in that one too :D

This game is way better, got it today, the only bad thing is the camera angles, i use side view because i dont like it how the camera swings around you if you intercept the ball. Experience points are an awesome inclusion.
Started a career as melbourne, lost my first game by 9 points on easy then had a good win by 40 points in 5 minute quarters, the goal celebrations have been improved, everything runs smoother, the only things that are hard to understand is the rucking, where exactly is optimum time, marking is a little bit too hard i reckon the main circle of the ball comes in too quick but i suppose that just takes getting used to. All the tactics are pretty good, i decided to triple team the other teams fullforward, worked great, although it was only kent kingsley:D , all in all, a huge improvement, if the improvement from this years to next years is the same as the improvement from last years to this years, we will have a unbelievable game, better than FIFA, NBA etc. good job FH

In my last post I forgot to mention that I am not playing as St. Kilda, I'm playing as Collingwood.

Next AFL better than Fifa and Nba? aha that's also laughable. No way in hell will Afl be as good as Fifa or Nba. Afl. is too far behind......too far. To compare future Afl games to Fifa or Nba games, the improvement for Afl games must be very, very massive, quite nearly impossible.

I have decided to buy a copy, but haven't found a copy at Myer's, Target or even Kmart as yet.

EB, Game Traders etc would be charging rrp.

Myers have it in their current cattledog for $59, problem is they are yet to get any copies in stock.

Picked up the game today after work. Thought I'd had a rough week at work so I'd treat myself. Love the intro. Will post thoughts on game soon.

It has a really hard learning curve so far but I've noticed that Full Forwards to tend to dominate a fair bit and it's incredibly hard to stop them. Kent Kingsley (Has a star :thumbsdown: ) has already booted 5 on me. Only 1 goal for me.

RoosterLad said:
does it spin around when you get the ball off the opposition? how do you find that?

Lol. Some ppl seem to mind it.....but I havn't even noticed it really. Put it this way, its better than not knowing who your kicking to, and so, just booting it! (ie. Side view) Just make sure its High End Pan (Normal Zoom) and you shouldn't have a problem with camers angles....:thumbsu:

Grechy said:
It has a really hard learning curve so far but I've noticed that Full Forwards to tend to dominate a fair bit and it's incredibly hard to stop them. Kent Kingsley (Has a star :thumbsdown: ) has already booted 5 on me. Only 1 goal for me.

1.Flood

2. Double or Triple Team with fast, big jumping players.

3. Develop players speed/jumping/strength

4. Use Direction assist (helps get you to the mark contest) and sprint all the time!

:thumbsu:

Im sitting 4th on the ladder with 8-4 losses ATM, can't believe the last match, Adelaide were winning all game, with 30 seconds to go i managed to sneak in front with a freak goal, I had to win the next cetre clearance to win...but Biglands tapped it to the running Roo who stormed through 2 of my players and nailed a goal from 60. :eek:

The best camera angle is High Pan- with normal zoom...i have always been a side view person in previous games, but i realised you can see everything and make some good set plays using the high pan angle, also you can spot players on leads, you can't with the side view...

I really like this version, really fun with the tactics and player development. I like flooding, because i can punch the ball to the ground and run it out of defence with handballs then kick it to a leading forward...

Still lots of improvement to do in 07, but this is a solid game.

illnino said:
1.Flood

2. Double or Triple Team with fast, big jumping players.

3. Develop players speed/jumping/strength

4. Use Direction assist (helps get you to the mark contest) and sprint all the time!

:thumbsu:

I usually flood and double team good CHF and FF, i had a game against Melbourne that was very low scoring because i was flooding and so were they, Every time i went forward it was 6-2 in there favour...

I have been developing Sam Gilbert to become FB, when Max Retires. I really like the player development. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL 2006 Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back