Coopster09

Senior List
Oct 14, 2009
Bunbury
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Houston Rockets, Phoenix Coyotes
Desperately need a job im 19 years old studying cert 4 in laboratory Techniques and probably go on to do my diploma ( really unsure ) if anyone could tell me is it worth doing my diploma? that would be helpful. i should also mention that im W.A south of Perth and prepared to do FIFO.

Im just having a punt here if any one has advice id really appreciate it

Regards Coopster09

Desperately need a job im 19 years old studying cert 4 in laboratory Techniques and probably go on to do my diploma ( really unsure ) if anyone could tell me is it worth doing my diploma? that would be helpful. i should also mention that im W.A south of Perth and prepared to do FIFO.

Im just having a punt here if any one has advice id really appreciate it

Regards Coopster09

Hey mate depends what job you are wishing to get into.

But I can tell you now. If you are looking to get into mining then your chances will be very limited.

Call mining companies and job agencies and see what they say.

As a B Science (Hons) graduate, you will be hoping for a lot unless you have trade experience.

Look for a traineeship is my advice.

PM me if you want a bit more info.

Thanks mate really appreciate your advice.
I have experience in the mining industry as a soil technitian and ive worked in a microbiology lab so i have a little bit of variety but finding it hard to find work so i will start ringing companies and putting my name around.

My previous company went bankrupt will that be looked upon badly?

Thoughts on the Diploma? worth doing?

Thankyou for your advice juppy i really do appreciate it :)

I need advice on an entirely different scenario..

Where does one stand after working many years, cash in hand, not paying tax etc...but now needing to have a regular income, holiday/sick pay etc...has not been on any centrelink payments..just went with the work, but struggles when not enough of it..
Will there be a fine when paying tax once again...not even sure of the tax file number..

This person is a very hard worker, but is worried it will get his employer in trouble....bit of a vicious circle actually..

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but thought I'd try..

thanks..

Hey Coopster

re: study, I would definitely do the diploma, especially as positions become more competitive its a great advantage. I assume that you are looking to work in a process lab? (on a mine site). Im not sure what kind of education they expect, but maybe email around and ask?

I work as a Geo, most of the bigger companies wont employ you as a grad without the BSc(hons) but you can definitely get jobs (im talking about geology) without it...Especially as they are so desperate atm!!

I would think that, regarding a lab-tech position, a diploma would be sufficient....try to hook up some vac-work or work experience. That is the best way to get your foot in the door. :)

Hey Coopster

re: study, I would definitely do the diploma, especially as positions become more competitive its a great advantage. I assume that you are looking to work in a process lab? (on a mine site). Im not sure what kind of education they expect, but maybe email around and ask?

I work as a Geo, most of the bigger companies wont employ you as a grad without the BSc(hons) but you can definitely get jobs (im talking about geology) without it...Especially as they are so desperate atm!!

I would think that, regarding a lab-tech position, a diploma would be sufficient....try to hook up some vac-work or work experience. That is the best way to get your foot in the door. :)

Thanx dani_giuls really appreciate the advice :) :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Employment Advice please?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back