Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag

Seriously HP,

Do you intentionaly act this dumb, surely it is an act.

Nobody has been able to disprove anything I've said. I've made comments that have been made by past football champions and even Geelong supporters have agreed.

Prove me wrong.

I think you'd find that it was Cousins, not Judd who was getting the hardest tag of all the Eagles when Judd won his Brownlow. Even in 2005, the year after Judd won (and when Cousins won his), it would've been Cousins getting the #1 tagger.

facepalm.jpg

Facepalm.jpg

facepalm.jpg

Come on podgeyhodge, not this shit again !!!!!!!!!! Keep it in the Bay where it belongs ...............

I am selecting my side from the entire playing list.....

Franklin, Brown, Pavlich, Riewolt, Fev....... yeah, going to get a stand out game.

Hodge, Hayes, Kirk, Judd, Thompson, Black, Swan... yeah any one of them will satisfy me.

Ablett..........................

There is no peer for Gary Ablett jnr at present.

Nobody has been able to disprove anything I've said. I've made comments that have been made by past football champions and even Geelong supporters have agreed.

Prove me wrong.

You don't read others posts, you just re-read your own and fap off over them.

It's a valid point.

We no longer waste Brad Sewell on the bloke who runs from one back flank to the other picking up cheap stats.

Ablett's a good player, but he doesn't hurt teams with his stats. Just gets a lot of handballs across half back, typically in batches of two or three.

Except that the coaches and players rate him the MVP 3 years running?
Seriously...give it up! This thread has no clue, brain or credibility.

I appreciate that Ablett is highly rated, and rightly so. However his accomplishments are always going to be viewed with regard to the minimal amount of attention he receives.

Talk of Ablett rating amongst the best will fade quickly if he can't test himself consistently against the better negating players.

Can you name any elite taggers who played during the time of Hayden Bunton, Dick Reynolds or Bob Skilton? Or Russell Ebert over in the SANFL? Or Barry Cable in the west?

There are no asterisks against any past great due to the choices made by opposition coaches.

I picked three clips of a game to prove a point.

A poster claimed that Robert Shirley tagged him exclusively. Yet I picked 3 random clips and he was nowhere to be seen.

Maybe Shirley just couldn't keep up.
You do realise that opposition clubs will rotate more than one player on him just as they have done on others.
Perhaps they do try to put a hard tag on him and he just runs them into the ground or they just aren't good enough or his team mates just give him chop outs all the time.
The last in particular is something a lot of other clubs could do for their premier midfielders (for Judd in particular) but it doesn't seem to happen a lot. How often do you see Ablett's team mates blocking his tagger? Quite often you'll find.

Except that the coaches and players rate him the MVP 3 years running?
Seriously...give it up! This thread has no clue, brain or credibility.

The coaches and players can only judge a player on his performances. They can't speculate on how a player would play if he got the best tag week in week out.

How many MVPs would Nick Riewoldt get if he played on players like Darren Milburn instead of Harry Taylor?

Maybe Shirley just couldn't keep up.
You do realise that opposition clubs will rotate more than one player on him just as they have done on others.
Perhaps they do try to put a hard tag on him and he just runs them into the ground or they just aren't good enough or his team mates just give him chop outs all the time.
The last in particular is something a lot of other clubs could do for their premier midfielders (for Judd in particular) but it doesn't seem to happen a lot. How often do you see Ablett's team mates blocking his tagger? Quite often you'll find.

I'm hearing a lot of maybes, and very little evidence.

There was no evidence of not keeping up or even blocking.

As for the fitness excuse:

1. Shirley certainly had no trouble 'keeping up' later in the year.

2. In the first clip I posted the play had stopped for about 15 seconds, yet nobody picked him up.

I'll also offer that I watched the entire game and didn't see him get a recognised tagger let alone the best tagger.

I'm hearing a lot of maybes, and very little evidence.

There was no evidence of not keeping up or even blocking.

As for the fitness excuse:

1. Shirley certainly had no trouble 'keeping up' later in the year.

2. In the first clip I posted the play had stopped for about 15 seconds, yet nobody picked him up.

I'll also offer that I watched the entire game and didn't see him get a recognised tagger let alone the best tagger.

What you're hearing is the sad echo of your own inanity, resonating in the deep abyss of this ridiculous thread. Your points have been refuted over and over and over. You are just choosing to ignore them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IS little Hodgy Wodgy having a bit of a sooky laa laa!!! Just because Gazza has a Brownlow and he doesnt.....

Owww didms one day if he is nice Gazza may show him the medal and the 3 MVP's oh and the two Premierships against his one and a norm smith he stole from Gazza anyway.

When I read the post topic my immediate thought was, "jealous Hawk supporter". I was right.

Let's move on...

What you're hearing is the sad echo of your own inanity, resonating in the deep abyss of this ridiculous thread. Your points have been refuted over and over and over. You are just choosing to ignore them.

The only point I've heard so far is that he has 3 MvPs . . . this doesn't address the issue of getting the No.1 tag.

At all.

The only point I've heard so far is that he has 3 MvPs . . . this doesn't address the issue of getting the No.1 tag.

At all.

and the fact is no one here actually cares its just amusing to see you in the endless loop of ....am not is too am not is too. Most people here stopped that when we were 6 or 7guess you will hit that milestone eventually...

and the fact is no one here actually cares its just amusing to see you in the endless loop of ....am not is too am not is too. Most people here stopped that when we were 6 or 7guess you will hit that milestone eventually...

Er hmmm . . .

IS little Hodgy Wodgy having a bit of a sooky laa laa!!! Just because Gazza has a Brownlow and he doesnt.....

Owww didms one day if he is nice Gazza may show him the medal and the 3 MVP's oh and the two Premierships against his one and a norm smith he stole from Gazza anyway.

:eek:

Good luck on whatever point you were trying to make there.

Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag

I would say a Brownlow, a couple of premierships and a few MVPs proves that he does rate. Who knows what he will have achieved by the time he retires.

If we take the following sentences out of your OP it seems to contradict you assertion in the title.

Now I am aware that Ablett has won the MVP 3 times in a row and has been the best midfielder the last 3 years.

I appreciate that Ablett is highly rated, and rightly so.

If he is highly rated, surely that means he is rates. You fail to even argue well against yourself, what hope have you got of convincing anyone else.

Maybe a different title such as "Ablett doesn't play for Hawthorn so cant be any good" may have been more appropriate. Then you may have been actually able to back it up with a cohesive argument, though I wouldnt be too sure of that.

As to this quote, no body gives a rats who played on him in Rd4 of season 2009, 1 Brownlow for the year is enough proof.

However his accomplishments are always going to be viewed with regard to the minimal amount of attention he receives.

Star player, considered best in the league by many. History will remember him as a champion player.

I dont care for the rest of your posts as none of your ramblings show any shred of evidence that Gary Ablett doesnt rate.

Your first post didnt even show that.

I would say a Brownlow, a couple of premierships and a few MVPs proves that he does rate. Who knows what he will have achieved by the time he retires.

If we take the following sentences out of your OP it seems to contradict you assertion in the title.

Maybe the title isn't worded correctly. What I mean is that we can't rate him until he gets the No.1 tag. Or even a recognised tagger in some games.

As to this quote, no body gives a rats who played on him in Rd4 of season 2009, 1 Brownlow for the year is enough proof.

It's not about Rd 4 2009. I severely destroyed the assertion that Shirley was playing on him that round after said assertion was made. I guess I could do it for every single game?

In any case I looked through the season and could only find four games where he got the best tagger available.

I dont care for the rest of your posts as none of your ramblings show any shred of evidence that Gary Ablett doesnt rate.

Your first post didnt even show that.

Again, don't worry about the title of the thread. Just read the content, the OP, etc.

Thats ok the grown ups know what we are on about, you go back to your crayons

And so on.

Now this thread is where it rightfully belongs.

Ablett rates more highly than Leigh Matthews because Matthews played when taggers didn't exist. There were a number of rovers that Matthews went head to head with that torched him.
But hey, that's ok, they could hide him down in the forward line for large chunks of his career so he could become the highest goal per game averaging non-number-1-midfielder in the history of the game.

Now this thread is where it rightfully belongs.

Ablett rates more highly than Leigh Matthews because Matthews played when taggers didn't exist. There were a number of rovers that Matthews went head to head with that torched him.
But hey, that's ok, they could hide him down in the forward line for large chunks of his career so he could become the highest goal per game averaging non-number-1-midfielder in the history of the game.

Don't forget while Matthews was in the forward pocket he developed a cure for cancer, designed a cold fusion engine and figured out why the Mona Lisa is smiling.
Seriously the only way to deal with the Podgey is to agree with him because not matter what argument you fire back at him with it wont make a lick of difference to him tis like water of a ducks back so we should all just say yes HP you are right and the whole of the footballing public is wrong again and thank you for showing us the error of our ways oh great one

I have made a couple of observations this year that as of yet have gone unchallenged even by Geelong fans.

1. Ablett doesn't get the best tagger. Geelong fans have admitted this however their rationale is that he is untaggable. This is clearly not the case when you look at the second observation.

2. Ablett hasn't hit 30 disposals this season when he got the best tagger

Now I am aware that Ablett has won the MVP 3 times in a row and has been the best midfielder the last 3 years.

However we cannot truly judge him as a player until he receives the kind of attention Buckley, Judd, Hird and Voss did.

No opposition coach would risk Judd with anyone but their best shutdown player. Similarly, Hird. Voss. And so on.

I appreciate that Ablett is highly rated, and rightly so. However his accomplishments are always going to be viewed with regard to the minimal amount of attention he receives.

Consider his first game against Adelaide in 2009.

At AAMI Stadium:
46 possessions, 3 goals. His opponent? Jared Petrenko.

His second game against Adelaide in 2009.

At Skilled Stadium:
21 disposals, 2 goals. His opponent was Robert Shirley.

Talk of Ablett rating amongst the best will fade quickly if he can't test himself consistently against the better negating players.

Owning Sewell each time he's played on him rates. Top 3 in Round 17, BOG in Round 1, BOG in 08 GF, just for a start. Or is Sewell not Abletts shadow any more? Sewell, although is not in best 5 taggers anyway.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett doesn't rate until he gets the No.1 tag *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Back