ABL 2012-13

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Great verbal stoush on twitter at the moment between Steve Kent (cavalry) and Luke Hughes (heat) seems the Perth boys have gotten so use to winning they have forgotten how it feels to lose.

Who would have thought Canberra would be the biggest threat to Perth's dominance.

4 games clear now, going to be an interesting finals if they hold onto first.

Brisbane get themselves back into it with a sweep of Canberra.

Canberra could miss the playoffs, but do have Melbourne Australia Day weekend.

Aces make sure that next week is their last week of Baseball not taking a single game against the Blue Sox.

anyone got any thoughts on the down underworld series that starts tonight. as a cavs fan really excited and nervous. Perth are proven performers and with Hughes and the Kenealley bros back in their lineup really.look like a daunting prospect. hope the cavs bats light up the fort tonight.

Its going to be tough for the Cavs, the Heat swept the Blue Sox comfortably and know how to win. Think the first game winner takes the series, if Cav's win they will have the confidence they can beat the Heat on the big stage, if the Heat get up then the Cav's doubts when playing this side that has virtually been untouched since the re-birth of the ABL will be too great.

I have the Cav's to win tonight and take the series.

Its going to be tough for the Cavs, the Heat swept the Blue Sox comfortably and know how to win. Think the first game winner takes the series, if Cav's win they will have the confidence they can beat the Heat on the big stage, if the Heat get up then the Cav's doubts when playing this side that has virtually been untouched since the re-birth of the ABL will be too great.

I have the Cav's to win tonight and take the series.

im thinking the same. the cavs need to strike early both in runs and the series. will bw a great contest. well done to fox sports for showing the games live. first two are a sell out. the fort can get raucous when the cavalry are firing. will be a great atmosphere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What an amazing season by the Cavalry!!

After 15 years of hard slog over here in the ACT, we finally have a championship - first time in well over 80 years of Claxton Shield competition.

Very, very happy that the MVP of the championship series was our local 18yo kid Aaron Sloan, and also that the winning home run in game two (which won the series overall) was hit by our local old man (40 year old!!) DH Mr Michael Wells!! So much for Team USA!!

Sad to see all the boys disappear so quick, Jack Murphy has gone to major league spring training with the Blue Jays, Knecht will play for the Jays at AA level, Buschini has signed with the Padres and will likely play AA ball, Stovall might play A+ for the Diamondbacks, and Callaway, Grening, Toler, Loggins and Dickmann will all play independent league ball next year. I think Motta, Holdzkom and Hightower are also going to benefit from this year!! Holdy and Hightower are going to play in the Netherlands I think.

Best of all, our very own Canberra product Mr Michael Collins has been promoted by the Padres and becomes the first Aussie under 30 to manage a minor league team - keep an eye on young Tubby, he's going places!!

I will post a few photos and links from the series when I get a chance - but in the meantime, check out some excellent work from the ABL's Tyler Maun on the issue of how many imports, and what level of import, is right for the ABL http://ablogging.wordpress.com/2013/02/09/hes-an-importer-exporter-ok/ - please feel free to add your comments to the article, we need more fan participation and input to make the ABL a real success!!

#GoCavs #backherenextyear

BpG

Pity the season is over already. I wish it were longer. I may try and get involved next season as I haven't really followed the league. Good to see a Canberra team win a major national sporting league for the first time since?? Since the WNBL team had its success?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back