A little worried this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Our mental toughness is the only issue against Geelong. We have the game to beat them.

Last year we were stiffed by the umpires against Geelong, the kick in to Cross on the half volley that was paid as a holding the ball and two head shots on Higgins that should have been paid as 50 metre penalties were paid as frees and we didn't convert the momentum we had had in those plays.

Now should that happen again, we need to put it to one side and kick on against Geelong. Last year we were overawed and it made us drop our heads.

We have a great record in Adelaide, no reason at this stage for it not to continue.

I want to see Eagleton back in for this game. Moles isn't up to it yet. There will be a few Port supporters at the game going for the Bulldogs too, don't underestimate their dislike of the Crows.
This isn't a troll, but I thought the Bulldogs had a shocking record in Adelaide, against both Port and the Crows?

This isn't a troll, but I thought the Bulldogs had a shocking record in Adelaide, against both Port and the Crows?

Historically we have been ok against Adelaide at AAMI (well compared to most other Melbourne teams).

Our round 7 win over there last year got us going for the year really.

Not sure about Port, I would say it is pretty bad though, given Port has been pretty good from 1997-2007, and for quite a while in that period we were shite!

Historically we have been ok against Adelaide at AAMI (well compared to most other Melbourne teams).

Not sure about Port, I would say it is pretty bad though, given Port has been pretty good from 1997-2007, and for quite a while in that period we were shite!
Fair enough, I think you'll be way to strong this week too.
I do believe Hall kicked 5 on Rutten earlier this year.
Rutten does have a good record on Hall at AAMI though, and the SCG. Always a player who has struggled over here for some reason.

Halls record against Rutten while at Sydney may have been poor, however Hall at the Dogs is a different story due to the way we play.

The only stat I see regarding Hall as a Bulldog is that he has had one game with 5 goals. Also even though it was at Docklands it was also during the period early in the year when Hall supposedly hasnt "gelled" with our team yet.

Hall to kick a bag on the weekend and be leading outright for the Coleman :thumbsu:

We have won 9 of 25 games in total (36%) at AAMI vs both Crows and Power.

Since 2000 we have played the Crows there 10 times, winning 3 of those.

I am surprised by this - I thought our record there was much more imposing than this.

Our record at AAMI isn't that bad against the Crows.

Who was the first team to beat Adelaide twice at Football Park? We did, in '92 and '94.

We smashed them by over 40 points when our backs were against the wall and we needed to win to make finals late in 1997.

Grant played an inspirational game for us in the wet for Giansiracusa's debut in 2001.

We also beat them there convincingly last year.

Sure, they lead the head-to-head 8-5, but that's nothing to be ashamed of. It doesn't mean we have a poor record there. Most interstate sides would be satisfied with that record.

Nothing to worry about guys. We can't even beat Port or Richmond. RICHMOND! The Geelong win has done us more harm than good and Goodwin going down has hurt us massively. We'll get Johncock back which gives us some dash out of defence but your midfield will smash us. I expect us to put up a better fight than last week as we have been getting drilled over here, but it will still be a comfortable win for you guys. Hopefully you guys can go on to win the flag as well ... I think it's your time :thumbsu: .. just make sure Collingwood don't win it.... :(

We have won 9 of 25 games in total (36%) at AAMI vs both Crows and Power.

Since 2000 we have played the Crows there 10 times, winning 3 of those.

I am surprised by this - I thought our record there was much more imposing than this.

I was surprised as well. I thought our record over there was decent(compared to other Victorian sides).

It makes you realise how much importance the crowd factor plays in the players pysche. When their crowd is in full voice, it is worth an extra player to them. It is a pysche thing where it can have the triple effect of inflating the crows players, deflating the opposition players, and affecting the umpires subconcious and decisions.

Hope that we can get a really good start and take the crowd factor out of the equation.

I wonder what Collingwood do differently compared to other Victorian sides. Their interstate record is unbelievable.

Dogs will win by 8 goals.

This side is mentally superior to last year's, IMO, and won't let this chance slip.

On form, over the past 2 months, we are the 2nd best side with percentage of close to 200. The only blot on our copybook is a 3 point loss to Hawthorn who were also red-hot.

The Geelong game is the only one we will possibly drop on the lead in.

Nothing excites me more than being the under dog.......... because we are out of the race and are expected to loose there is no pressure on us, God only knows the season cant get any worse for us. Sometimes the footy gods can be kind to you and a little bit of luck can turn your way.

2 weeks ago, after Adelaide beat Geelong over there, this was the game in our run-in I was most worried about. I just figured Adelaide were ready to explode, and expected they'd beat both Port and Richmond, and be right in the finals race. They looked to be gathering form, and they looked so good in the 2009 finals.

I think they have been pretty unlucky in the last two weeks though, and it must be deflating for their players. The loss to Richmond in particular, has all but ended their season, and IMO, they will struggle to get up a huge amount of motivation for any match, excepting for the Goodwin and McLeod farewell match, in the remainder of 2010.

However, I do agree about the similarities between this match, and the West Coast fiasco late last year, albeit, I think this is a tougher game than that one should have been!

Go Doggies.

We have been getting a lot of sh** from the media over here I for one would be most surprised if we don't put in a good effort.

No cause for concern lads. Schmidt stevens and symes will struggle with your pace, handing the ball to you in dangerous areas. The only danger is if young Brodie Martin turns out to be as good as everyone on the crows board reckons and tears you lot a new one single handedly. Having said that, I reckon he and knights are gonna be quite underdone.

We are definitely vulnerable this week.

Harbrow, Higgins, and Ward out means we probably have our most inexperienced team in for the year with the likes of Wood, Grant, Jones, and Roughead. If our stars such as Cooney, Griffen, Lake, and Hall have a bad day then we could be in trouble.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing in the Crows favour is the fact that the game is not being played during the day. Once the dew descends over West Lakes it makes it harder to play our style of power running game. It was a factor in the Crows great win over reigning premiers a few weeks back.

If the Crows get their structure across the half back line right it makes scoring against them difficult. Not having Andrew McLeod or Simon Goodwin helps us, but Stiffy Johncock is back and that will help the home team.

Is anyone else? This time last year we got a serious wake up call from West Coast.

We are in a very similar position to Round 19 last year. We're travelling well, and are expected to win comfortably this week against a team that's struggled all year. Just like last year. What's worse is we're playing Adelaide at home, and they're coming off a disheartening loss last week to Richmond.

On paper we should win, and comfortably. But you never know... I'm kinda glad all the focus is on Geelong and Collingwood though.

I'm not worried. What happened last year is in the past and this is a new year, a new day. Past Stats and records at AAMI or anywhere account for absolutely nothing really. If we are a serious contender, then we should be able to beat Adelaide today and easily. We have bigger fish to fry in the next few weeks including next week. To go down today would be not a good look for the club. The Dogs to win today as they should. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

A little worried this week

Remove this Banner Ad

Back