Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 6 for Scott 21,39 done if he wants to go

I can’t see why they would want to trade for him full stop but if they did we’d get a future third rounder or similar

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He was one of the best today for the Bulldogs.

Missing kicks, fumbles, turnovers, ball watching, guarding space in no man’s land, just a piss poor performance.

Whatever that performance was, it wasn’t AFL standard.

Missing kicks, fumbles, turnovers, ball watching, guarding space in no man’s land, just a piss poor performance.

As soon as there is some physicality nearby, he goes to water.

Fumbles. Panics. Hack kicks.

Has no strength.

As poor a performance from him as I’ve seen in a long time. Notwithstanding his poor disposal which can come with the territory, some of his tackling ‘efforts’ were substandard.

One instance on the HFF where there was a 50:50 ball to be won and he literally pulled up which lead to the Bulldogs taking it downfield for a goal was particularly irksome.

I don’t mind Scott, but damn his turnovers under no pressure would be so deflating to the team.

And it’s a regular occurrence too.
Agreed. I think that he works hard to provide an option, but if he wants to walk at the end of the year I'm not too beat up about it. Those (very regular) turnovers are just full stop momentum killers.

McKercher on the wing just sounds enticing.

Have heard twice in 2 days he will ask for a trade to the Lions.
No idea if true but wouldn’t be shocked.
🤷‍♂️

His a GC boy, so this would make sense. He could suit their game style as well.

It would be sad to see a BFNAAK go though. Particularly given he's been one of the players that has given it his absolute all through the dark days, poor kicking excluded.

He works hard defensively and often intercepts or provides an easy outlet kick. Few others take the initiative to defend or provide options like Bailey does.

He's definitely not irreplaceable, but I feel some are a bit harsh on our Bailey.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fine if he stays or goes to be honest. He's an average player but we don't have a lot of running depth.
A two year extension unless he asks for a trade might be the best option, takes him to free agency.
By then young kids should hopefully overtake him in the first 18 at least and he looks at his options.
If he's traded now we'd have to find ourselves a good speed and endurance runner in the draft like Darcy Wilson mould.

Last edited:
Unfortunately he’s not much better at kicking clutch goals

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Unfortunately he’s not much good at handballing either

54% disposal efficiency enough said but it’s the momentum sapping turnovers that hurt more

Just needs to not touch the ball and we’ll be fine

Give me Hardeman and Colby over this bloke next week

Unfortunately he’s not much good at handballing either

54% disposal efficiency enough said but it’s the momentum sapping turnovers that hurt more

Just needs to not touch the ball and we’ll be fine

Give me Hardeman and Colby over this bloke next week
His disposal was abysmal yesterday.
I watched the replay last night, and his 1st quarter alone had me wanting to stick pins in my eyes...

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back