Player Watch #8: Bailey Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

The first one is shit, but it's the hardest kick in footy and they had numbers back. Mistake he made was just not taking a longer entry and ensuring any mistake was deep, not shallow.

The second one...my god. Either he didn't see the easy one short or he's delusional, selfish and completely unaware of his limitations. Either is a massive problem.

Can't fault his effort, but he's not a player you'd want in your side in finals. For a few reasons.

You get a glimpse of the NMFC player at the top, and he's ahead of his opponent at the time Scott winds up to kick. Perhaps that's his target? But then our guy was jogging and was overtaken by the * player, and Bailey's kick is about 10m short of where it should be anyway. Meanwhile Fisher is on his own, a dinky little 15m kick away.

Comedy of errors, really.
Square his shoulders up, he wasn’t aiming for the player in the distance. He was aiming towards the boundary.

Got to feel sorry for Duursma here, he's done everything right, should have ended up with him taking an easy chest mark and having a shot on goal. Instead another forward 50 entry, under no pressure, goes to the opposition.

Last edited:
Pot calling kettle black.

(Yes I know Corr had a good game yesterday)
I really feel for Corr.

You finally get into a good groove of form, confidence is high and your teammates keep letting you down with fundamental errors.

I really feel for Corr.

You finally get into a good groove of form, confidence is high and your teammates keep letting you down with fundamental errors.
It's too soon to say but I'm hopeful that after yesterday's game, and the last few weeks, that we've turned a corner.

It feels like some of the serial offenders such as Corr, Fisher & Stephenson have found some reasonable form & consistency.
Couple this with LDU, Powell and Wardlaw (although he was a bit off yesterday) and Sheezel finding his feet as a mid / forward and the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

There's still a long way to go but I'm hoping players like Bailey Scott are becoming the outlier rather than the norm.

It's too soon to say but I'm hopeful that after yesterday's game, and the last few weeks, that we've turned a corner.

It feels like some of the serial offenders such as Corr, Fisher & Stephenson have found some reasonable form & consistency.
Couple this with LDU, Powell and Wardlaw (although he was a bit off yesterday) and Sheezel finding his feet as a mid / forward and the pieces of the puzzle are starting to come together.

There's still a long way to go but I'm hoping players like Bailey Scott are becoming the outlier rather than the norm.
Bailey was one of our best players last year, super reliable to get the job done.

Unsure of what is going on in his head that he is fluffing kicks that he would kick 99% of the time last season.

It’s up to him to make a change.

The first one is just a killer, just the worst time, place and situation
Was right behind it, you could feel the energy just flatten. Everyone knew that was the game when it went down the other end.

However, we were right in the game at that exact moment. Outnumbered them in our forward line, there's a nice lead which is an easy hit up kick, LDU's on his own but that's a tougher kick, there's a two on one if he goes a little wider and longer to the pocket, I think it's Curtis who's in front of his man with someone else free beside him – they could have raffled it. They've actually worked to get separation and we've got free players everywhere. Harder to hit an Essendon player than a North player at that point. It was diabolical.

Bailey was one of our best players last year, super reliable to get the job done.

Unsure of what is going on in his head that he is fluffing kicks that he would kick 99% of the time last season.

It’s up to him to make a change.
I don't think playing him in defence is playing to his strengths, I also don't think it's any coincidence that if he is looking elsewhere that his form has dropped off, we're seeing the same thing with Zurhaar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with this. The midfield looks as though it's finding a groove, and as you say, some seniors finding some form (i think you could LMAC to your list). The defence has found a pillar in Comben, and K Dawson and Logue coming back adds options. Regardless of what happens at the MSD, despite his limitations, Pink as the second tall forward looks a reasonable stop-gap and makes the whole forward structure a lot more organised (and means Larkey doesn't have to second ruck).

A bit of a re-grouping over the bye, and the back half of the season will hopefully bring a few wins.

I'm not much of a punter, but I don't think we'll be holding pick 1 when the music stops

Just watched the replay.

My God. Absolutely ******* diabolical by foot.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app
True, some were, and it's the glaring misses in open play that are the real killers - Tucker and Scott will either need to tidy up or they'll be pushed out by the likes of McKercher, and even Stephens, who might not be much of contest winner, but he can kick in open play.

I agree with this. The midfield looks as though it's finding a groove, and as you say, some seniors finding some form (i think you could LMAC to your list). The defence has found a pillar in Comben, and K Dawson and Logue coming back adds options. Regardless of what happens at the MSD, despite his limitations, Pink as the second tall forward looks a reasonable stop-gap and makes the whole forward structure a lot more organised (and means Larkey doesn't have to second ruck).

A bit of a re-grouping over the bye, and the back half of the season will hopefully bring a few wins.

I'm not much of a punter, but I don't think we'll be holding pick 1 when the music stops
Agree, I'm far from his biggest fan but credit where credit is due, he's been a lot better recently.

The worst part is he can't hide behind fatigue because he's one our best runners. How you can get to this level and stuff up the basics is beyond me. Actually it's not beyond me because we've seen it at North for over a decade now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back