Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

there is always that possibility and we will deal with that if it occurs.
but, what happens if that kid becomes our next Dusty.
Our list is not up to a quality standard, we must make moves NOW to improve our position in the coming years..
If that's cashing in on a popular player, so be it
How many Dustys have there been since Dusty drafted?
Bont is the only one that comes close.

this has little to do with this year.
we are going to be moderate to average over the next 2-4 years ( like it or not)
It's about positioning ourself for a built unit in a 5 year period.
picks,picks,picks is the way to go
Best 22 evolves 5 or 6 players each year. Without going full NMFC, Natural RFC list turnover into 2025 would be players like Green, Smith, Cumbo, Coulthard, Ryan

& retirees. Grimes, Prestia, Naismith. & one or two player maybe getting traded. Baker? we don't go crazy matching offers. If we can't match other clubs Baker will be gone.

into 2026

Pickett, Dusty, Kmac, Graham, Broad, Nank, Lynch
and a few fringe players.

& a few ACLs will be gone.

Last edited:

bont is a better season player than Dusty, more body of work, dusty best finals player with KB.
2 players of that ilk in 15 drafts
The odds of us getting another Dusty are pretty long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the Smiling Back Pocket pretend midfielder is our next captain then we will regress further into our rebuild. We need to trade this guy out and let Toce do the rest. We don’t need to be paying overs for back pocket players as they can’t help us get to the top if they’re in our team. We need taller and faster mids or genuine forwards.

Did ch7 mention that baker met with west coast?
Don’t trust the media mate, they like to do it for clicks and ratings all they do is spread lies, if you want quality good trade news listen to Tiger71 I trust this man with all the trade news trust me he knows his stuff, so don’t listen to any media don’t read anything in the newspaper it’s just a bunch of lies and rumours

If the Smiling Back Pocket pretend midfielder is our next captain then we will regress further into our rebuild. We need to trade this guy out and let Toce do the rest. We don’t need to be paying overs for back pocket players as they can’t help us get to the top if they’re in our team. We need taller and faster mids or genuine forwards.
Harsh but reality is that bakes is an A grade little general down back , B grade mid and always will be , hasnt got the gears to hurt sides with gun midfields , I’m at peace if he wants to leave as I know how desperately we need to infuse with A grade youth , just be ruthless with the trade

Each to their view, disagree with this. Have to keep some leadership and experience.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back