Player Watch #7: Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

NO he's a good average player
and his market value is high NOW
must sell and start the turn over off the list with the best youth talent we can get from the draft.
thank him and wish him well- and cash in with picks

Yeah I’m for the trade. Being a great Richmond player DOES NOT EQUAL a great player in the league.

A top 10 draft pick will mostly likely be a better player than Baker.

Has Bakes re-signed yet? Thought he may put pen to paper during the bye ✋ high five ✋

I love his desperation and he's a real tryer who can pull off some eye catching moments, but like Dirty Harry said a man's got to know his limitations. The number of times he ignores 1st option and takes on the tackler and gets pinged. Ffs's he's 70kegs wringing wet, his disposal is average. He's been awesome for his draft position but reality is he's a good average player. How many times have clubs overpaid a player to retain them because they got a massive offer from a desperate club with cash to burn.

I'd love to see him stay but only for $500k.... $525k Max. Any more than that and he's just not worth it. If the offer from back home is huge let them pay up in draft picks. Nothing wrong with taking the benefits from a cash cow. Look what Geelong laid out for Tim Kelly and Stengel. They got a massive windfall for Kelly and will again should Stengel leave.
Your joking yeah !

Baker is worth every bit of $750k-$800k with the increase in TPP
$450k is just average salary next year

Yeah I’m for the trade. Being a great Richmond player DOES NOT EQUAL a great player in the league.

A top 10 draft pick will mostly likely be a better player than Baker.
It feels like Baker is only going to Freo if he leaves. I don't think there will be a bidding war.

I'd rather crappier senior players off our list first.

We have pick 2 now, we will get at least one good player in.

and what do you call him.. a 'super star'?
like plenty of other players on our list, he is very tradable.
the time is now..get it done richmond
A gun and important leader
But you don’t need leaders if you want to be last for a decade. Just ask north lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

rioli, Lynch, taranto, nank, vlas, balta... we got other players who can lead us through some tough times that are coming
draft picks is what we need,the opportunity to pick up some potential gold in the draft.
And what happens if that gold hasn't got the drive to work hard and ends up in the VAFA in 4 years time, will trading out Baker have been worth it in your eyes.

A must sign. We don’t want to a 10 year rebuild. Thanks :devil:

————————-
THREAD CLOSED
————————-
Is anyone else seeing posts below this 'Thread Closed' notice?

rioli, Lynch, taranto, nank, vlas, balta... we got other players who can lead us through some tough times that are coming
draft picks is what we need,the opportunity to pick up some potential gold in the draft.
Lynch, Vlas and Nank not long to go.
balta, rioli and baker are the critical players. If you want gold, Bolton is the one you would consider trading. He doesn’t have the effort of the other 3

Don't know why some can't comprehend that many don't overrate Baker like they do. I've read plenty losing their mind how great MRJ has been after a 2 effective disposal game. Dow has been a gun according to plenty. Bolton and Martin both useless duds according to plenty casually ignoring the fact they have icicles forming on them from standing in our f50 failing to see the ball.

I like Baker as a player. He's a limited, good average honest player who has a crack. We've been putrid this year and he's stayed injury free but hasn't done anything to change my opinion. Just because WA clubs are desperate to land locals and have targeted him with massive offers, doesn't mean we should be çonned into paying overs for an easily replaced player. As I've written before he's worth about $500 - $525k Max. He's 27 start of next year, we're gonna be trash for 3 years. Him and Dan Rioli are our only assets that teams are willing to OVERpay for so I say if they want to go, get maximum compo, thank them, they're always welcome here and move on with the rebuild.

We need Max picks to slingshot in the next 3 years before Tassie destroy the draft for 3 years. It's time to act now. To me only players I wouldn't consider trading are Balta, Shai, Vlastuin, Mcauliffe also Lefau and Miller (because competent best 22 KP on minimum wage are pure gold). Even Lynch who's almost my favourite player just behind Dusty and Shai has a price. I'd love to see Lynch play all next year and win a Coleman and get AA, but if he makes us finish 9th- 12th that's the worst case scenario imaginable. Not gonna land our next superstars with pick 10.

Melbourne's windows closing if they freed up his remaining $1.5mil salary or even if we paid $500k and they gave us their 1st rounder would be a dream scenario for everybody. Fans fall in love with their favourite players. Some grown men get Tattoos of them, wear badges with their faces, carry stupid signs, would let them do their wife. Doesn't mean everybody that barracks for the same club has to rate them as highly as you do. Where's all the salivating Jack Graham fanboys from 3 years ago who would lose their sh1t dare anyone point out he's not that good? Bakers good but not very good. Certainly not someone you pay overs for. We need a warchest for your Tom Green types who actually are Dominant superstars.

And what happens if that gold hasn't got the drive to work hard and ends up in the VAFA in 4 years time, will trading out Baker have been worth it in your eyes.
there is always that possibility and we will deal with that if it occurs.
but, what happens if that kid becomes our next Dusty.
Our list is not up to a quality standard, we must make moves NOW to improve our position in the coming years..
If that's cashing in on a popular player, so be it

Don't know why some can't comprehend that many don't overrate Baker like they do. I've read plenty losing their mind how great MRJ has been after a 2 effective disposal game. Dow has been a gun according to plenty. Bolton and Martin both useless duds according to plenty casually ignoring the fact they have icicles forming on them from standing in our f50 failing to see the ball.

I like Baker as a player. He's a limited, good average honest player who has a crack. We've been putrid this year and he's stayed injury free but hasn't done anything to change my opinion. Just because WA clubs are desperate to land locals and have targeted him with massive offers, doesn't mean we should be çonned into paying overs for an easily replaced player. As I've written before he's worth about $500 - $525k Max. He's 27 start of next year, we're gonna be trash for 3 years. Him and Dan Rioli are our only assets that teams are willing to OVERpay for so I say if they want to go, get maximum compo, thank them, they're always welcome here and move on with the rebuild.

We need Max picks to slingshot in the next 3 years before Tassie destroy the draft for 3 years. It's time to act now. To me only players I wouldn't consider trading are Balta, Shai, Vlastuin, Mcauliffe also Lefau and Miller (because competent best 22 KP on minimum wage are pure gold). Even Lynch who's almost my favourite player just behind Dusty and Shai has a price. I'd love to see Lynch play all next year and win a Coleman and get AA, but if he makes us finish 9th- 12th that's the worst case scenario imaginable. Not gonna land our next superstars with pick 10.

Melbourne's windows closing if they freed up his remaining $1.5mil salary or even if we paid $500k and they gave us their 1st rounder would be a dream scenario for everybody. Fans fall in love with their favourite players. Some grown men get Tattoos of them, wear badges with their faces, carry stupid signs, would let them do their wife. Doesn't mean everybody that barracks for the same club has to rate them as highly as you do. Where's all the salivating Jack Graham fanboys from 3 years ago who would lose their sh1t dare anyone point out he's not that good? Bakers good but not very good. Certainly not someone you pay overs for. We need a warchest for your Tom Green types who actually are Dominant superstars.
I agree 100%, but there is also so much risk that the players picked never make it, or they do but dont get close to Bakers output.

there is always that possibility and we will deal with that if it occurs.
but, what happens if that kid becomes our next Dusty.
Our list is not up to a quality standard, we must make moves NOW to improve our position in the coming years..
If that's cashing in on a popular player, so be it
You like a lot of posters are looking at the ladder position and bad results. The kids have actually performed despite the injury circumstances, saying our list isn't up to standard is a cop out based on what i said.

This not up to standard list would've beat Carlton if not for some dodgy umpiring in the last qtr, trailed PA by 7 points at 3/4time, beat Sydney, lead Geelong by 5 goals at KP before running out of legs, lost by only 2 goals to the druggies who are in the top 4 currently, lead the saints by 22 pts at HT, with any ounce of luck we could've had 4-5 wins on the board.

The reserves are currently 9th ( 6-5 ) when clubs like Carlton are last ( 1-9 ), pies are 2-9, etc

All this on top of one the most horrendous injury runs a club has ever seen, must be hard rolling up to training and 22 blokes go out onto the track and 20 head for the rehab room or on adjusted weekly programs.

Maybe temper expectations for this year and stop acting like we are full strength.

Hope he stays, he's certainly more valuable on and off the field than what one first rounder would be.

Unless an absolute monster offer came in that we couldn't say no to, of course.

You like a lot of posters are looking at the ladder position and bad results. The kids have actually performed despite the injury circumstances, saying our list isn't up to standard is a cop out based on what i said.

This not up to standard list would've beat Carlton if not for some dodgy umpiring in the last qtr, trailed PA by 7 points at 3/4time, beat Sydney, lead Geelong by 5 goals at KP before running out of legs, lost by only 2 goals to the druggies who are in the top 4 currently, lead the saints by 22 pts at HT, with any ounce of luck we could've had 4-5 wins on the board.

The reserves are currently 9th ( 6-5 ) when clubs like Carlton are last ( 1-9 ), pies are 2-9, etc

All this on top of one the most horrendous injury runs a club has ever seen, must be hard rolling up to training and 22 blokes go out onto the track and 20 head for the rehab room or on adjusted weekly programs.

Maybe temper expectations for this year and stop acting like we are full strength.
this has little to do with this year.
we are going to be moderate to average over the next 2-4 years ( like it or not)
It's about positioning ourself for a built unit in a 5 year period.
picks,picks,picks is the way to go

Things turn around very quickly and sometimes out of nowhere

Keep your good players at all costs , if he wants to go get as much as we can and hit the draft

This year was a write off from the injuries who knows what next year holds, I very clearly remember people saying a full rebuild was required in 2016 and how stupid it was to get Prestia and Caddy after losing Lids everyone had to go as we were so far away from our window ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back