#6 Luke Jackson - Going west (life is peaceful there)

Remove this Banner Ad

The amount of losers who go onto club boards to take offence at what’s written is simply astonishing.
Even better on an oppo board, like all of us are now gonna reconsider how we talk about Jackson
Thanks for setting us straight mate 😇

The amount of losers who go onto club boards to take offence at what’s written is simply astonishing.
I love the narrative flips.

“Langdon is a star. Wait, we gave him up for effectively a 2nd round pick upgrade? He’s crap, he can’t kick. Wait, now Jackson’s in the frame? We got ripped off with the Langdon trade, Melbourne owe us!1!1!1!1”

I love the narrative flips.

“Langdon is a star. Wait, we gave him up for effectively a 2nd round pick upgrade? He’s crap, he can’t kick. Wait, now Jackson’s in the frame? We got ripped off with the Langdon trade, Melbourne owe us!1!1!1!1”
Placeholder reply post. I’m just off to the Collingwood board to make sure they aren’t saying nice things about Jeremy Howe.

How good was the Jeff White trade? We traded picks 2 and 18 for White and Freo on traded pick 2 to Richmond for some magic beans (Chris Bond). Richmond used pick 2 to select Brad Ottens.

Some excellent list management by Freo there.

What has this got to do with anything? We must get pick 2 and 18 for Jackson. Its only fair.

How good was the Jeff White trade? We traded picks 2 and 18 for White and Freo on traded pick 2 to Richmond for some magic beans (Chris Bond). Richmond used pick 2 to select Brad Ottens.

Some excellent list management by Freo there.

What has this got to do with anything? We must get pick 2 and 18 for Jackson. Its only fair.
That was a cracking piece of list management.

Then Melbourne got done for salary cap breaches, and for some bizarre reason Fremantle got Melbourne’s forfeited pick 5 in the 1999 draft too.

White was always leaving Freo, it was down to Melbourne vs. St.Kilda so the fact Melbourne went over the salary cap to get him was not the reason Freo lost him.

Melbourne got White and pick 22 in 1997, Freo get picks 2 and 18 in 1997 and 5 in 1999. And some Freo fans are still salty about it…

That was a cracking piece of list management.

Then Melbourne got done for salary cap breaches, and for some bizarre reason Fremantle got Melbourne’s forfeited pick 5 in the 1999 draft too.

White was always leaving Freo, it was down to Melbourne vs. St.Kilda so the fact Melbourne went over the salary cap to get him was not the reason Freo lost him.

Melbourne got White and pick 22 in 1997, Freo get picks 2 and 18 in 1997 and 5 in 1999. And some Freo fans are still salty about it…

The fact we had reportedly got Peter Matera before he backed out at the last minute that offseason makes me laugh so hard, we were really into cooking the books that year hey. :tearsofjoy:

Even called for backup too :$

View attachment 1523770
This guy really doesn't know what a melt is does he? Freo supporters giving Bulldogs supporters a run for their money in the campaigner stakes lately.

Good luck to Jackson. Hope he is happy with his big bag of cash and mummy kissing him goodnight. As long as we are adequately compensated I couldn't care less.

The fact we had reportedly got Peter Matera before he backed out at the last minute that offseason makes me laugh so hard, we were really into cooking the books that year hey. :tearsofjoy:
The staggering thing is the team was awful in 1997 finishing dead last. Who the hell was getting paid that much to blow the salary cap? Robert Pyman?

Collingwood of recent times level of incompetence in list and salary cap management.

The staggering thing is the team was awful in 1997 finishing dead last. Who the hell was getting paid that much to blow the salary cap? Robert Pyman?

Collingwood of recent times level of incompetence in list and salary cap management.

Lot of injuries that year, Neitz, Schwarz, Lyon, Viney, Tingay, Stynes etc would have still been on good money. The fact we made the prelim in 98 after finishing last in 97 shows we were actually far better than our 97 season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a few too many to drink last night lads haha, was harsh of me to call youse a miserable bunch, I've sobered up and thought about it, and yeah id be bloody pissed too if Young or Serong were to walk this year. I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone.

Anyway don't think we will be in flag contention quite yet so hopefully, you guys get it done again next year and save us all the Collingwood/Carlton/Geelong wank fest :heart:

Had a few too many to drink last night lads haha, was harsh of me to call youse a miserable bunch, I've sobered up and thought about it, and yeah id be bloody pissed too if Young or Serong were to walk this year. I'm sorry if my comments offended anyone.

Anyway don't think we will be in flag contention quite yet so hopefully, you guys get it done again next year and save us all the Collingwood/Carlton/Geelong wank fest :heart:
No sweat. We are a miserable bunch but it is historical in origin rather than Jackson-specific

Ok, with your apology that moves you back below Bulldogs supporters in the biggest campaigners leaderboard.

The campaigners been looking for a way out since day 1. heck him, I hope his career goes the way of Tim Kelly and Jesse Hogan

The campaigners been looking for a way out since day 1. * him, I hope his career goes the way of Tim Kelly and Jesse Hogan

Yeah I'm kinda leaning towards the f* the campaigner side now. The fact he couldn't hold out one more contract while we're in the window is weak as p* tbh.

I think the part i dislike the most, is like with Hogan freo and fans where the smuggest campaigners before either of them left. I really wish we sent him to west coast instead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back