Player Watch #6 Logan McDonald

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think we give them a free hit

Unless trade is fair, to the PSD.

No way he passed WCE either.
Most unfair and a crime against humanity as he’d end up at Norf.

I'm sure Buddy's shared his experiences with Clarkson, not that I think there's any chance of Logan going to North. THey already had their chance and picked Will Phillips.

Just checked Logan's stats so far this year. Continuing to make good progress -up in just about every area, in particular the key ones of contested marks, marks inside 50 and kicks. Goals down slightly because he's playing more upfield, but has kicked it inside 50 more.

Kicks (ave) 7.5 vs 6.6
M 4.9 vs 4.2
Goals 1.5 vs 1.6
I50 2.0 vs 1.8
CP 4.0 vs 4.05
CM 1.0 vs 0.75
M50 2.0 vs 1.55

Its very interesting, two different reporters are saying two different things.

I have heard from a few people that Logan's contract is essentially signed, just ironing out a few smaller details.

I also don't think we would take Collingwood's two future firsts, now would they be allowed to trade them out as they would be three seasons without a first round pick.

Any idea on length of contract?

I am wondering if the interest from outside has changed this from a two year deal negotiation to making this the big one …up to 10 maybe

He'll re-sign. Stuff Collingwood

Yeah you are absolutely right - they’re all best friends on the verge of a dynasty …best five years of their life coming up …no-one leaves to a rando club/city for a few more bob at a fading powerhouse ( well some do - Mitchell, wingard, Taranto, hopper etc )

But he’s very difficult to value on the open market …4th year developing KPF …both current output and potential are key elements that makes it tough to put long term figure on

It’s very rare anyone that’s happy and wanted at their current club (stengle could be exception this year) leaves unless there are family factors in the mix

Any idea on length of contract?

I am wondering if the interest from outside has changed this from a two year deal negotiation to making this the big one …up to 10 maybe

I'm honestly have not heard anything about the length of the deal.

What I have been told

• A very large betting agency will refuse to take/create a market on McDonalds club next year, they have been informed that his staying, just a few minor details that need to be ironed out (You are not allowed to trade with inside information, so a market cannot be created, but if you called them they can create one for let's say Battle from St Kilda or Smith from the dogs). (I know a few traders there)
  • A poster on this board, who is in the know has been reliably informed that he is staying, just waiting on some minor details (and I trust this poster).

The Betting one is the biggest sell to me, let alone his manager on Trade Radio a few months back and a few other small things in the media.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What I have been told

• A very large betting agency will refuse to take/create a market on McDonalds club next year, they have been informed that his staying, just a few minor details that need to be ironed out (You are not allowed to trade with inside information, so a market cannot be created, but if you called them they can create one for let's say Battle from St Kilda or Smith from the dogs). (I know a few traders there)
  • A poster on this board, who is in the know has been reliably informed that he is staying, just waiting on some minor details (and I trust this poster).

The Betting one is the biggest sell to me, let alone his manager on Trade Radio a few months back and a few other small things in the media.
correct

What I have been told

I like your info, but, we get that from Dawson and it didn't work out.

I am suspicious of everything and everyone. It's a sad life though.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk

I like your info, but, we get that from Dawson and it didn't work out.

I am suspicious of everything and everyone. It's a sad life though.

Oh of course and things change, what I have from them is two different specific points in time.

I am choosing to believe with Logan.

I can’t help but feel we are looking to replenish our defensive stocks as Rampe is such an important part down back but how much longer can he go on?
For example is Battle of the Saints actually a chance of being lured to us.
Just throwing such a scenario out there.
Won’t be on huge money but certainly would cover Rampe’s role for the next few years while the group are in contention.
What a great sell from our club. Who wouldn’t be tempted to be part of this?
Perhaps our cap is “tight” because we are factoring in a defensive piece of the puzzle down back to replace Ramps while we go on this p’ship chase in the next 4-5 years.

Just thinking out loud folks so don’t shoot me down.
We have form on this front & are the best at keeping things quiet.
I keep asking myself this. We have enough cover for Parker but what happens when Ramps is done or if Melican or McCartin succumb to their usual issues. We’re stuffed.

Wouldn’t it be nice if we kept them all & instead sign another good senior player from another Vic club.

We’ll get a two year ban from the competition.
Not a ban, like the ban for complying with all the rules, but complying with the CAP so needs a ban involving the Swans only allowed to play 17 play we rs on the field at any time.

I can’t help but feel we are looking to replenish our defensive stocks as Rampe is such an important part down back but how much longer can he go on?
For example is Battle of the Saints actually a chance of being lured to us.
Just throwing such a scenario out there.
Won’t be on huge money but certainly would cover Rampe’s role for the next few years while the group are in contention.
What a great sell from our club. Who wouldn’t be tempted to be part of this?
Perhaps our cap is “tight” because we are factoring in a defensive piece of the puzzle down back to replace Ramps while we go on this p’ship chase in the next 4-5 years.

Just thinking out loud folks so don’t shoot me down.
We have form on this front & are the best at keeping things quiet.
I keep asking myself this. We have enough cover for Parker but what happens when Ramps is done or if Melican or McCartin succumb to their usual issues. We’re stuffed.
Going by what Kinnear has said, we're going to be looking for another defender, but Battle is looking at offers of 6 years at upwards of $700-800k per year from the Hawks

I don't buy into the Collingwood rumours.

Pies are still paying part of Grundy's AND Trealor's contract. They have a squad full of talent and have recently brought in players like Shutlz from Freo, and recently resigned Daicos.

How do Pies have more cash to throw at players than we do? Good salary cap management is one thing, but they supposedly manage all that, and have more cash to throw at players than we do? Everyone is just assuming other clubs cannot manage anything

Remove this Banner Ad

Back