Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - out vs WBD w/ concussion symptoms from training incident

Remove this Banner Ad

We definitely need a second tall who can score. CCJ has been a failure, Pink tries but lacks the ability and thus far Teakle has managed one Josh Jenkins handpass over the top goal.

Teakle looks the best of the three but does need to impact the scoreboard.
Does not necessarily have to be another tall Forward . I think a Duursma or PCurtis kicking a few more goals will help . Chom has been touted to go in there once Griff gets back to full strength fitness but I’m think a mid to small forward would be great . Maybe a Harvey or Payne would be that player next season.

No You.Am I? Delist.

I actually sat next to Tim at a North v Pies game. Couldn't work out why this guy had a red velvet jacket and cowboy boots on at the footy. But he barracked for us, so what the heck. We hugged and cheered as we came from behind to win and my mate told me who he was walking outta the ' G 🤣

George is everything you want in a North Melbourne footballer.

Tough, uncompromising & skilful.

The fella has it all. What a sensation.

That's what I've noticed more. The competitiveness, power and contested game has always been the focus. And the question mark his endurance and conditioning. His class has sort of gone under the radar a bit. But some of his kicking has been laser like and he's very clean with his hands, rarely fumbles. He's also solid in the air for his size.

The kid is real weapon and will only get better. It's easy to forget that he's still 19.

I actually sat next to Tim at a North v Pies game. Couldn't work out why this guy had a red velvet jacket and cowboy boots on at the footy. But he barracked for us, so what the heck. We hugged and cheered as we came from behind to win and my mate told me who he was walking outta the ' G 🤣
Tr is part of the rich tapestry, used to love watching him with u am i at the old weddings parties anyrhing xmas gigs at richmond

I actually sat next to Tim at a North v Pies game. Couldn't work out why this guy had a red velvet jacket and cowboy boots on at the footy. But he barracked for us, so what the heck. We hugged and cheered as we came from behind to win and my mate told me who he was walking outta the ' G
I'm expecting Tim to write a song about Georgie in years to come.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.MOV
    4.3 MB

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just turned 20. Has played just 21 games. Hasnt even scratched the surface of his potential and we're already singing his praises.

I cant remember who the commentator was last week but said could be the best player in the comp in 3-5 years.

Frightening to think how good he'll be with another 30 games under his belt.

Sat about 6 rows behind the Hat at the 99 GF

Pretty hard to think of a 20 year old mid of the 80’s-90’s or this century that is at his current level

Closest I would have is Schimma, but I was too young to remember him at 19/20.

His hands over head defies his size.

Sheezel and him last night just blow that queasy feeling of JHF exiting right out of the water

Pretty hard to think of a 20 year old mid of the 80’s-90’s or this century that is at his current level

Closest I would have is Schimma, but I was too young to remember him at 19/20.

His hands over head defies his size.

Sheezel and him last night just blow that queasy feeling of JHF exiting right out of the water
Like yourself i didnt see young schimma but arrived scimma, it that's his yardstick well iam pretty comfortable with that.

Pretty good comparison on effort alone.

We’re witnessing something extraordinary here. You actually expect him to win every contest. 21 games in and still coming off a somewhat managed pre season.
We are and I just wonder if a couple of FAs may well have said no a tad prematurely.

If we haven’t as yet we will start catching an eye or two very soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back