Player Watch #6: George Wardlaw - two-time RS nominee ('23 &'24) - the Warlord - out vs WBD w/ concussion symptoms from training incident

Remove this Banner Ad

****, I love him so much. Would 100% boof him if I was 20 years younger and he was that way inclined.

No Carly Rae Jepsen on his playlist, but I keep thinking about him: Before you came into my life, I missed you so bad, I missed you so, so bad!

How good is our starting midfield?

LDU, George, and Harry. All offer uniqueness around the contest and compliment each other perfectly. They have it all.

All we need (and will arrive quicker than we expect) is synergy in there.

Boy oh boy wowee

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love him.

Jason was never a North Melbourne player so if their on-field careers mirror or stay within striking range of each other, God willing we got the player who fits our boutique, niche club the best out of the 2.

You can plug and play any old w***er into a big or high profile club - but only the strong and special characters take to and contribute to our club.

LDU, George, and Harry. All offer uniqueness around the contest and compliment each other perfectly. They have it all.

Boy oh boy wowee

It’s so good. They’re so good. They’re going to be terrorising op midfields for many, many years to come and I couldn’t be happier about it.

Love him.
Since the Swans/scum game last year my family have begun referring to him in conversation with me as "your boy".

Jason was never a North Melbourne player so if their on-field careers mirror or stay within striking range of each other, God willing we got the player who fits our boutique, niche club the best out of the 2.

You can plug and play any old w***er into a big or high profile club - but only the strong and special characters take to and contribute to our club.
I have absolutely landed on this way of thinking.

This is who we are:

In the face of adversity, which might well have broken the spirit of most men, we find that from the earliest days there were always enthusiasts to fight for North Melbourne.

When you apply this lens to their actions their is no question on us having the right one with us now.

I am not allowed to have favourite North players anymore. They always end up injured and retire early so I really like George but he isn't my favourite.

Last edited:
I am not allowed to have favourite players anymore. They always end up injured and retire early so I really like George but he isn't my favourite.
lm the same with my Supercoach team. My wife says that when l pick players they get injured so lm not allowed to pick our players..So l dont tell her. :laughv1: :laughv1:

I am not allowed to have favourite players anymore. They always end up injured and retire early so I really like George but he isn't my favourite.
I'll PM you a shortlist of non north coaches and players to make your "favourite".

Thanks in advance.

I'll PM you a shortlist of non north coaches and players to make your "favourite".

Thanks in advance.
Not sure it applies to other teams but happy to try and assist :)

Last edited:
Love him.

Fwiw georgie puts in 110 percent for the 70 odd percent of on field minutes, thats outrageous bang for buck. Corn frances chooses when to go and if you go read his thread on the port forum they are realising this limitation. When corn frances is on hes a pretty dynamic player. I guess the question is was it worth selling the farm for a rich mans paul curtis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fwiw georgie puts in 110 percent for the 70 odd percent of on field minutes, thats outrageous bang for buck. Corn frances chooses when to go and if you go read his thread on the port forum they are realising rhis limitation. When corn frances is on hes a pretty dynamic player. I guess the question is was it worth selling the farm for a rich mans paul curtis?

Quotes from the Port-a-loos board please Koshie.

Fwiw georgie puts in 110 percent for the 70 odd percent of on field minutes, thats outrageous bang for buck. Corn frances chooses when to go and if you go read his thread on the port forum they are realising rhis limitation. When corn frances is on hes a pretty dynamic player. I guess the question is was it worth selling the farm for a rich mans paul curtis?
Haha I'm loathe to ever tempt the football gods with Schadenfreude. Any time I've tried it or watched others on here give it a go, it's ended up in tears.

Port got 2 good to very good players relatively cheap.

We got 2 players who suit us to a tee. We both walk away and vow to never speak to each other again.

Boy oh boy wowee

Is it even fair that we have an AA-potential ruck in Xerri too?

Quotes from the Port-a-loos board please Koshie.
Rather not polute the great man georgies thread with them but heres a sample

He was a defensive menace in juniors and in the SANFL. Hes becoming a great player but i do wonder where that aspect of his game has gone. I get all the superstars do it, heck dusty barely laid a tackle in his life but we need someone to bring this back out on him.

Haha I'm loathe to ever tempt the football gods with Schadenfreude. Any time I've tried it or watched others on here give it a go, it's ended up in tears.

Port got 2 good to very good players relatively cheap.

We got 2 players who suit us to a tee. We both walk away and vow to never speak to each other again.
Dont bother me, iam happy to smash mirrors, walk under ladders of have sleevo cross my path as often as he likes. 😺

Dont bother me, iam happy to smash mirrors, walk under ladders of have sleevo cross my path as often as he likes. 😺
Jaidyn has invented his own categories of self-mozzes.

While your young career is on the up, place a football bet.

After a promising first year at a new club after you got turfed out of your old one, get drunk and go down some steps on a BMX.

As you're trying to avoid negative media and get your career restarted (Take 3), start a podcast.

For reasons unknown you stay in the senior side as sub, might be the time to kick a critical set shot like you've never kicked a football before.

Our Warlord and saviour.
I Love Him Criss Angel GIF by DefyTV

Remove this Banner Ad

Back