Player Watch #42: Kallan Dawson - [NMFC.com] - KD signs a 1-yr extension - Roo until end '25

Remove this Banner Ad

He was good yesterday, as was the whole backline (expect for McDonald & Corr giving away his usual stupid frees)
We went into the year with probably the worst key backs in history of AFL lists (considering Logues injury) but we are now starting to see the what it will look like.
Yep exactly, fwd line and our ability to deliver cohesively into f50 a much bigger issue than our key position stocks. Dawson Comben Archer and Corr (brain fades aside) have been fantastic

Hasn't quite exploded yet - but if I could pick one player from another Club it would be him.

Not sure what he does at the end of most games, but he made a point of hugging all our players yesterday.

You don't think?
Was he a Western Jets kid? Maybe he knows Curtis and Fordy?

To be fair to Kal Dawson I thought Jamarra dropped a few marks on the lead that he should've grabbed on 2nd viewing.
Nothing much Kal could really do as they were pretty much lace out though.

Last edited:
Building nicely.

Backline of the Dawson Twins, Chom, Archer Jnr, Log, Hardeman, Kerch/new recruit and Fish will be magnificent in a year or two.

*NB: the backline will be an Apples and Two Dogs free zone then.

**Kerch to the wing/midfield and hopefully replaced with a J. Sinclair or L. Ash type.

Was he a Western Jets kid? Maybe he knows Curtis and Fordy?

To be fair to Kal Dawson I thought Jamarra dropped a few marks on the lead that he should've grabbed on 2nd viewing.
Nothing much Kal could really do as they were pretty much lace out though.

I reckon a couple.of those were due to Dawson being right on him. I remember one laser pass from Dale that JUH dropped because Kal got his body in right at the last second.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never been happier to be so wrong about a selection.

Thought he was excellent on the weekend and will only get better with every game.

What do you think about him as a possible forward? He's smart and mobile and on an interesting development curve.

I reckon he could play as a hit the logos type centre half forward who offers an option down the line - noting his key instruction would be to bring the ball to ground rather than take Duck-like pack marks.

Given the number of players that have outperformed this season, our only gaping hole left is the extra decent tall forward…

Xerri
Dawson
Archer
Corr (arguably)
Comben
Ford
Curtis (even)
Phillips (tagger)

The above players have all performed ahead of general expectations on here.

What do you think about him as a possible forward? He's smart and mobile and on an interesting development curve.

I reckon he could play as a hit the logos type centre half forward who offers an option down the line - noting his key instruction would be to bring the ball to ground rather than take Duck-like pack marks.

I'm pretty sure that's the role pink is playing, and playing it well I might add.

Dawson is tracking as a permanent answer in defence and I huge get out of jail free card for our list management team. I can't see why we should move him forward unless he can be more than a "bring the ball to ground" stop gap. For that we have pinky.

I'm pretty sure that's the role pink is playing, and playing it well I might add.

Dawson is tracking as a permanent answer in defence and I huge get out of jail free card for our list management team. I can't see why we should move him forward unless he can be more than a "bring the ball to ground" stop gap. For that we have pinky.

It is Pink's role, but I reckon Dawson would be better at it. Logue coming means a tall has to go out imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back