Welcome back to Senior footy Will

[PLAYERCARD]Will Hayes[/PLAYERCARD].jpg

Club/Recruited from: Carlton Reserves
Position: Midfielder
Height: 181cm
Weight: 77kg
DOB: 5 June 1995

WILL Hayes’ Carlton journey continues.

As the Blues’ standout VFL-listed player so far this season in the state-league competition, Hayes has swapped the Carlton Reserves for the team’s AFL list after being selected with pick No.22 in the 2022 NAB AFL Mid-Season Rookie Draft.

A former Western Bulldog, Hayes has impressed all comers at IKON Park with his work ethic and his consistency of performance in the VFL.

Able to play a combination as both an inside and outside midfielder, Hayes has averaged 33 disposals and a goal a game for the Blues’ VFL side across his six performances so far this season.

Reaching his VFL century of games earlier this season, Hayes’ talents are known to many at IKON Park — not least, Ash Hansen, who coached Hayes to a VFL premiership in 2016.

Last edited:

Congratulations Will Hayes a 2 time VFL Graduate

Congrats to Will.

Good promotion for our VFL team. Fringe player for the seniors, handy depth option. Reward for effort is always good to see

Has been terrific in the VFL, by far our best player to the degree we’ve looked second rate without him.

But… do we need another mid?

It does send a great message to the Carlton boys playing VFL that if you put in you’ll be rewarded and Hayes has put in. Also, he knows the game plan.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great VFL player, but didn't look up to it at the Doggies who push strongly for these types to come through - Scott, McNeil, McComb etc.

Wish him well though.

Good pick. Remember Kane Lambert was playing like this in our Reserves, in front of our noses and we didn't pick him. Went on to play in triple premiership with Tigers. I was waiting for the name Carrigan to come up, but happy Will gets another chance. Have to give the racing away now.

Someone to take the Jack Newnes role in the 1s?

Well done Will, hope you have a long career.

But with concerns around our spine and some reasonable talls still out there, this does not make sense to me in the short-medium term

He could get a run on the wing. Really lacking offensive options there.

Personally I think we didn't have a use for the pick and decided to use the selection as a future motivator.

Put in the work in our VFL side and if the opportunity is there you'll be rewarded.

My hopeful result is that it makes future signings for that team more enticing which is always a very good thing.

That’s Young, Boyd and now Hayes that Austin has brought over from the Dogs since joining. Hope that’s not an indication of not looking far and wide.
Surely it's determined by how well they go?
Young a definite win for not much capital.
Boyd going alright for a 2nd round mid season draft pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back