3rd Ashes Test England v Australia July 6-10 1930hrs @ Headingley

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Most bowling changes got a wicket

like some said if they were chasing 300-320 we are looking good

its the top order
You are honestly happy with the field placings? The bowling tactics after lunch on the 2nd day? This is all on the captain (who for the record I think is a great guy and bowler, just a terrible captain)

I miss the days of Mark Waugh and Michael Clarke; even Mike Hussey to an extent, and Ricky Ponting a few times before he became captain - guys with golden bollocks who would come on and almost invariably jag you a wicket in this situation.

We haven't had one of those in a while. I suspect it's Steve Smith, but he doesn't seem to work hard enough at it, and with 2 set batsmen in he's likely to go for 12 an over.
Head did this last test

It's almost like he's our best bowler and arguably the best in the world at the moment.
Yeah he is. No doubt. Pretty sure everyone is aware of that.

Bowled about 60 straight balls at 5 an over this innings.

Needed to try something different. Will be too late now. No runs to play with; if the spinner gets another opportunity the pressure is increased.

Brooks has been out against spin twice to Lyon this series. You need to change the pace. Batters get used to medium fast bowling. Spin breaks it up. One over before lunch was a tough ask for Murphy. Gives him no time to work into a spell. You feel like you need to go for wicket balls when you only have one over.

Lyon is a bucketload better. Lyon can be relied on there is a difference in quality there

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You are honestly happy with the field placings? The bowling tactics after lunch on the 2nd day? This is all on the captain (who for the record I think is a great guy and bowler, just a terrible captain)

I am not saying he is the best skipper of all time, just think he is fine.

The modern Australian team seems to stick to plans and less use of captains gut and feel for the game, I think they decide the approach often before and stick to it, which did get them to world champion.

The fields were ok, as I said they got 4 wickets, few boundaries were arsey, he kept catchers up

they are short of runs

Gotta love Nasser saying what a great player of spin Harry Brook is. Has he ever faced high quality spin on a pitch that’s actually offering something? Or has it all been on dead tracks like this or the roads he batted on in Pakistan?

Good luck against Ashwin and Jadeja in India young man.

In fairness to the kid, he’s only played 3 tests on pitches where spin is the predominant form of bowling he faced, regardless of the level of difficulty, and he hit 3 centuries and a 50 and averaged 93.

Regardless of degree of difficulty, you can’t do more to pass the test that you’ve had than what he has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd Ashes Test England v Australia July 6-10 1930hrs @ Headingley

Back