Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy enough to get goals when you’re sneaking out the back.

He’s uncompetitive in the air and allows his opponent to go third up and intercept every single week.

7 intercept possessions for Butts this week, 9 for Stewart last week when he manned him up. You just can’t afford to be unaccountable in modern footy.

I’m sorry but he’s not going to make it getting beaten like that each week.

Between those efforts and his lack of discipline which could have cost us the game I don’t think there’s a spot for him once we get a few back from injury.
Yeh I don't fully agree with your first point, kicking only 42, 49, 42, 44 points consecutive weeks suggest we don't get the easy ones out the back.

He's about as competitive in the air as every other small/medium forward (Bolton the exception) we have at the moment. Even the GOAT about to play his 300th can't compete in the air...

How is it remotely comparable to put him up against Stewart? I don't like him as much as the next guy, but he's been one of the best defenders in the league over the last few years. A bloke in what his 25th game is going to need a bit of time to develop.

But I do agree, his discipline does need work, but he's shown he wants to give it a crack.
If he can continue kicking goals and looking dangerous while minimizing the lapses - I'd keep him in.

He’s uncompetitive in the air and allows his opponent to go third up and intercept every single week.

7 intercept possessions for Butts this week, 9 for Stewart last week when he manned him up. You just can’t afford to be unaccountable in modern footy.

Between those efforts and his lack of discipline which could have cost us the game I don’t think there’s a spot for him once we get a few back from injury.
Yeah but he's a total dreamboat

he kicked 25% of our score lmao

Cumbo experience
Roller Coaster GIF by Phantasialand

Not even gonna bother here… 👏

1717678973039.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is lucky we ended up winning. I'd still consider dropping him, he is mentally weak and you could see what he cared more about at a critical time of the contest.

Sure, he kicked three goals. Good on ya mate, but I'd rather play someone who actually gives a shit about the team.

Lmao he's the reason we won yes he made a big blew but we won.
Cumbo does give a shit. Guy tries his guts out and went back to the ressies to work on his game. He has never struck me as one who doesnt care.

This guy is a ****ing legend. Seriously - he is brilliant. I have absolutely no ****ing idea how he managed to kick 3 goals tonight. He is something concocted on Dr Moreaus island. Like Marty McGrath had a baby with Kayne Pettifer.

You just play this guy, because the goals don't lie. He kicks goals. And we like goals.

So for the last ****ing time, i am going to say it

Play Balta down Back.

Play Cumberland down Forward.

The End.

I like the aggression and the fact that he's sticking up for his team mates. He just needs to channel that in a different way.
Exactly.
I’d love the next part of his game to use aggression to hold his ground and keep his feet . He does have a very bad habit of going to ground or being pushed aside leaving his opponent to just go free on the rebound on turnovers.
His goal kicking has never been an issue.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #38 Noah Cumberland

Remove this Banner Ad

Back