Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought it was because Adelaide offered bugger all. Isn't he a RFA this year which makes it easier for him to leave?
He's still contracted next year, FA next year and OOC. If they're offering us a shit pick at years end the only reason we'd take it would be to open up cap room. Otherwise just hold off and take the compo next year.

Honestly I can still see him working as a forward long term, but he's painfully out of form/down on confidence and fitness. Its negligent coaching to keep him withering on the vine, either put him back or to Casey to find some touch.

Signed on for 2 more years lol
Nice. Played him out of position to tank his value and get him cheap. Now put him in the backline again thanks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Legs is spot on, extend him for 3 years right after this disastrous season, can lock him up for **** all. Play him in D50 next year. That is proper 4D chess.

Last edited:
Just read we gave Petty a payrise as part of the contract extension.

Classic old mate Lamb.
Well considering he had played about 25 games when he signed his last contract, I'm not overly surprised.

This has to be the weirdest timing for a new contract announcement ever having said im fine with it, straight after a loss... is this the media teams idea? "The supporters will be angry on social media tonight can we let them know about the great ruckman Petty's contract to cheer them up?"

Is this the media teams idea? "The supporters will be angry on social media tonight can we let them know about the great ruckman Petty's contract to cheer them up?"
Just slid it in after we cop a pasting and everyone is avoiding footy media.
Credit where it's due, I reckon it's pretty well played tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #35: Harry Petty – is here for 3 more years, but is not a KPF or a ruck

Remove this Banner Ad

Back