Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Recent post by the club in relation to the squad naming and the innuendo around “a young too featuring for first time”

Is this a shameless media/marketing ploy as how bad we’re ? Or about the game attendance on Sunday ?

From the 3 games I’ve seen of archer in the VFL, he seems at least two years away of being a standard afl player, however he is a competitor. Is the club rewarding him for playing a role really well ?
Can’t remember how many goals his opponents have scored but potentially is that the reason for his emergency selections ?

People will be sitting around campfires all over the world in years to come lamenting the mysterious Charlie Dean….

“Oh Charlie Dean, what might have been, you came from Willi, were never seen, by those people who called your name, despite the fact, it was all in vain…….who are you really, Charlie Dean?….”
Wow Michael that was beautiful, goodness me.
I didn’t realise how much you are like that artist that cut his ear off .

Think his name was either Mark or Vincent

Recent post by the club in relation to the squad naming and the innuendo around “a young too featuring for first time”

Is this a shameless media/marketing ploy as how bad we’re ? Or about the game attendance on Sunday ?

From the 3 games I’ve seen of archer in the VFL, he seems at least two years away of being a standard afl player, however he is a competitor. Is the club rewarding him for playing a role really well ?
Can’t remember how many goals his opponents have scored but potentially is that the reason for his emergency selections ?

2 years away from being AFL standard?

Doesn’t that net a 3 year contract and possible leadership group around here these days?

Ready or not it looks like he’s going to be playing sooner or later (likely this week) so, with that in mind, I just hope he does his job well and doesn’t get Bergmannned. Go well young fella!

Hasn't exactly shot the lights out in the VFL but can't do any worse than 2-3 blokes in the senior 22.

Give him a go, he might even surprise. We should be exposing every fit player on the list to AFL this year to get some accelerated insight into their potential.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good on him, hope he goes well.

Anyone else reckon there's an element of positive PR in him being selected this week? Seems a bit out of the blue otherwise

Dude… our whole team gets slaughtered in the AFL.

I agree.

People have this "they mightn't be ready to perform" mentality when we are a complete and utter basket case with half a team that parade as AFL footballers.

It's weird, i'd give anyone including Archer Jnr, McGuinness a shot purely because why not?

1655084839855.png

Jackson Archer put together his best performance in a North jumper in his short career. While he finished with just 12 disposals and two tackles, he showed brilliant poise when on the ball along with his trademark ferocity on the defensive side.

Archer was, once again, named as an emergency for the AFL side this week as he looks to close in on a long-awaited AFL debut.

"'Jacko' is just a competitor, and you just see that whenever he's on the ground and that's why he's been so consistent in the last month or five weeks or so," Adams said.

"He does everything he can for the team and it seems to be working out really well for him. You think he'd be getting close to a senior game if he continues to go the way he's going."

Jackson Archer: 12 disposals, two marks, two tackles

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jackson Archer - BFNAAK - re-signed until end of 2026 - rd21 AFL RS nominee

Remove this Banner Ad

Back