Player Watch #31: Josh Goater - re-signed until the end of 2025 - ruptured Achilles injury vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope he's received the absolute best surgeon, care, etc for his achilles. This aint just a run of the mill ACL. Needs to come back 100% from this, if that's even possible. Swallow was cooked after his, this just can't be the case for Josh.

Unfortunately most players are absolutely cooked from ACL's

I hope he's received the absolute best surgeon, care, etc for his achilles. This aint just a run of the mill ACL. Needs to come back 100% from this, if that's even possible. Swallow was cooked after his, this just can't be the case for Josh.
Swallow did his in 2013 iirc? He was still very good for a couple of years after.

Do think Goater's playing style will be more adversely affected though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swallow did his in 2013 iirc? He was still very good for a couple of years after.

Do think Goater's playing style will be more adversely affected though.

I think burst pace was a factor in his potential and I have significant fear that will be impacted by the injury.

I think burst pace was a factor in his potential and I have significant fear that will be impacted by the injury.
Yep. His athleticism is his key attribute.

If that’s curtailed, then it’ll be tough for him.

Yep. His athleticism is his key attribute.

If that’s curtailed, then it’ll be tough for him.
Agree.

Swallow was still a very good inside mid without a little bit of take off zip.

Goater's journey back into the side is a little harder to pick unless he has exceptionally good recovery.

He'll be fine. Jack White and Ariel Hukporti from Melb United in NBL came back and you wouldn't notice the difference.
The rehab programs are way more advanced from what I can tell compared to Swallow's era.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back