Traded #30: Patrick Ryder - Returns to the club as Indigenous Player Development Manager

Remove this Banner Ad

If you don't think I'll be complaining then you truly haven't been paying any attention.
If you're not complaining there's something wrong

Doesn't that just crystalise it for you? Some people bear a grudge even to those who were moved on. The club is not infallible, despite what some here seem to think. Rose coloured glasses need to come off.
Who are these people who think the club is infallible? Have they been in a coma since 2000?

I'm referring to those who think Ryder should f*** off and can't see that the club should bear some, if not all, of the blame.
Maybe they have been comatose. Who knows. 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
Of course the club does. Some of us are referring to that he did **** us off,while the majority stayed (much like the supporters) He flirted with us again after port. and didn’t feel the vibe and was quite vocal about it. And now he’s back with a cushy job. It’d be be like Joey the fence sitter coming back as a very wayward goal kicking coach.
Tone deaf I think they call it.

Of course the club does. Some of us are referring to that he did * us off,while the majority stayed (much like the supporters) He flirted with us again after port. and didn’t feel the vibe and was quite vocal about it. And now he’s back with a cushy job. It’d be be like Joey the fence sitter coming back as a very wayward goal kicking coach.
Tone deaf I think they call it.
Apples and oranges. Joe wasn't a victim of the EFC pharmacological environment who feared for his unborn child.

The point re: Ryder is that he wasn't okay with the club before, and now he is. Both he and the club are ready to reconcile. Done.

It's the tone deaf supporters who keep yabbering some crap about how we should hate him for the rest of our lives who need to wake up. They sound like everyone's crazy old uncle who no one wants around at Xmas, which is just sad.

Apples and oranges. Joe wasn't a victim of the EFC pharmacological environment who feared for his unborn child.

The point re: Ryder is that he wasn't okay with the club before, and now he is. Both he and the club are ready to reconcile. Done.

It's the tone deaf supporters who keep yabbering some crap about how we should hate him for the rest of our lives who need to wake up. They sound like everyone's crazy old uncle who no one wants around at Xmas, which is just sad.
Leaving all the virtue signalling nonsense aside for a second, what qualifications does he have to take in the role? The person he replaces was of indigenous background and had 10 years as a social worker.

Leaving all the virtue signalling nonsense aside for a second, what qualifications does he have to take in the role? The person he replaces was of indigenous background and had 10 years as a social worker.
"Virtue signalling nonsense"
I reckon people are better than a right wing cliche designed to tell them that values don't matter, but whatever.

Dunno about his qualifications. I'm commenting on why people should get over Ryder leaving. He has returned and the he and the club have reconciled.

"Virtue signalling nonsense"
I reckon people are better than a right wing cliche designed to tell them that values don't matter, but whatever.

Dunno about his qualifications. I'm commenting on why people should get over Ryder leaving. He has returned and the he and the club have reconciled.
Carn man.

He has none. He showed up whenever he wanted as a player and drifted through games on talent alone.

If anyone from the saga deserved a sympathy feel good job it's NLM. A guy who applied himself to whatever was asked. Least that could be done to repay all the lodgers he took on over the years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’d be be like Joey the fence sitter coming back as a very wayward goal kicking coach. Tone deaf I think they call it.
Joey’s a poor goal kicker and Paddy Ryder is from all reports a very well respected leader for young Aboriginal kids. Joey left coz… vibe. And Paddy left because the club had got him knocked out of finals, suspended for a year in his prime, and maybe even messed up his kid.

So, no, Paddy getting hired wouldn’t be like Joey coming back as goal kicking coach.

Joey’s a poor goal kicker and Paddy Ryder is from all reports a very well respected leader for young Aboriginal kids. Joey left coz… vibe. And Paddy left because the club had got him knocked out of finals, suspended for a year in his prime, and maybe even messed up his kid.

So, no, Paddy getting hired wouldn’t be like Joey coming back as goal kicking coach.
Paddy never had an issue with getting himself rubbed out for finals.

this club is spineless...only Essendon would employ an ex-player, that walked out on us mid contract and then talked absolute s**t about us for the next decade, in a player development and mentoring role! cant make this s**t up! 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

we screwed him over far more than he did us mate.

this club is definitely spineless, but its not because we hired ryder.

It’s a professional game and Paddy left a club in complete shambles for family and career stability. He’s a genuinely nice guy and I hope the club is paying him a motza as the influence he can have on and off the field is huge.

Welcome back Paddy, ignore the haters

Remove this Banner Ad

Back