Player Watch #3: Harry Sheezel - 2023 AFL RS, AFLPA Best First Year Player, 2023 SBM, NMFC Best Young Player - signed thru 2030

Remove this Banner Ad

He's no longer welcome on the NMFC BigFooty board so he's taken to Twitter where he started sending me some abuse the other week.

And yes, he still thinks Sheezel has s**t disposal and "lacks a penetrating kick".
Has great disposal for sure. I have had the thought in games it’s not the most penetrating kick when he tries to send one to be fair, but I have mostly attributed it to being under pressure/no clear option forward of the ball. Tends to make players get under it abit.

But really it’s like kicking the tyres on a Ferrari at this point. He’s an out and out gun. Just needs a few more mates to give a s**t like him.

But really it’s like kicking the tyres on a Ferrari at this point. He’s an out and out gun. Just needs a few more mates to give a s**t like him.
This is it.
Mav only went after sheezel cos everyone was laying into lmac.
But there’s absolutely no comparison there on any metric whatsoever. Now don’t get me wrong, sheezel shouldn’t be above criticism, but he is the least of our worries.

I’m starting to think about what’s the best way to use him. Is it start the game in the middle and try to get us rolling, and if there are signs of things becoming a little detached like around mid of the second, get him back in the back line to get some level headedness?

Our deficiencies are exposed when he moves around.

He leaves HBF and goes in the middle, we turn it over at HBF.

He leaves midfield and goes back, we can't extract the ball properly in the middle.

He goes forward, tumbleweeds. He can't get much of it because we suck.

It’s obvious Sheezel is not fit enough to play in the midfield. Perhaps that’s why he has been hidden in the backline.
But the problem is, who at NMFC is going to show Harry what level of fitness is required to be an elite AFL midfielder???
Give him the old role back plz
Please put him back to the backline. Put him there and move kerch to the wing, at least then we'll have some actual pace on the wing.
Put him back before we destroy him, we don't have the leaders or structure to transform him into a Daicos-esque player forward of the ball.

Hear ye of little faith.

Our focus needs to be Sheezel's development. I'd play him in the middle for the rest of the year.

I reckon Fisher has looked a lot better since Sheezel moved up the ground.

It allows McKercher to develop down back, too. We've already committed to the rebuild, so there's no point in looking for quick wins now.

Daniel Wells 2.0.

We simply must have this guy on the podium as a North Melbourne player, crushed by his array of Norm Smith and premiership medals.

It has to be done. Not negotiable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back