2nd Test Australia v West Indies Jan 25-29 1430hrs @ the Gabba

Who will win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone going on about this being an embarrassing loss needs to appreciate what the Windies have done here.
This is about them. They played legitimately elite level cricket.
As much as the Windies played great cricket Australia at their best hammer them. Windies played great, elite level cricket while Australia were arrogant starting from team selection (even with Smith and Green our best) and pervaded through the side with their attitude.

On the other other of the scale, let's hope this encourages the Windies. They have uncovered some stars.

Come on guys.

We are a good team - good teams get beaten sometimes!

We areas of concern Marnus being the main one.

Smith and Green will be fine - best two bats in the fourth innings by far.

Well done WI - definitely was barracking for them slightly towards the end.

Hopefully makes for a good NZ series - fk off 2 match tests please

That spell before tea will live on into posterity: the day Shamar came to Brisbane.

It's one thing to play as if there's no tomorrow, but it's another thing entirely to galvanise a young group and get them playing and working so completely together as a team. Kudos to Braithwaite and the support staff for finding, developing and cultivating this group of players, the most united WI side to tour Australia in my memory.

Aussies looked tired and sore, but the best we looked was just before Josephs was brought on to bowl, Green on 42, Smith on 49.

Without him, this game trickles out to a comfortable win, and Australia remains complacent; with him in, a new star is born and history is created.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bingo. Can't be perfect, and literally carried bat with wickets dropping left, right, and centre lol.

I think Smith should have protected the lower order better … BUT we wouldn’t have even got close without him

You're right. Smudge should have possessed the spirit of Stokes and played a game style that is completely the antithesis to his own style, right there on the pitch.

Stokes and Smudge are both amazing batsmen - but they are worlds apart in terms of how they influence a game. Smudge does not have the insane power or mental willpower of what will probably be one of the greatest finishers the game has seen.

Smudge tried bloody hard, held his bat the entire innings, but he ran out of partners. He played more than his part and tried to farm the strike as best as possible.

I question why an opener needs 9 partners to chase a total of 200?
Stokes played an amazing innings but I think people also forget there was a lot of luck that went his way too.

Australia completely ****ed up multiple times.

The Windies were bowling incredibly well then at the death.

Back