Preview 2nd Semi Final, 2020: Richmond v St.Kilda - Metricon Stadium, Friday 9th October, 7:50PM AEDT

Who Wins?

• Tigers

Votes: 52 48.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 55 51.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surely it’s time for DMac.

Alternatively; we move Clark to half back and bring in Bytel to cover in the midfield playing limited minutes.

Thing with Bytel is he’s had decent AFL time this year, done pretty well, and because he’s a player of the future, no doubt in my mind, then let’s give him a finals taster.

Clark is awesome on the back flank and when he goes inside will impact there too.

My concern is Geary playing back.

Battle in for Carlisle, and most likely Marsh to play a bizarre cult hero man of the match up forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

if we bring in Abbott for any finals game ill spew up ...
honestly dont know why we signed him up in the first place bog average player would have prefered we gave that list spot to another midfielder playing WAFL or SANFL (Jye Bolton ?? )

if we lose Long then we need to replace him with someone who brings physical pressure to the team someone who will lock in hard and lay that bone crunching tackle .. dunno if Sav is that guy Webster prob is ...

Battle hopefully is fit as he is the type we desperatly need a guy who is mobile but can still take a contested mark ...
really we got nothing to lose here no one rates us a chance so all the pressure is on Richmond

Surely it’s time for DMac.

Alternatively; we move Clark to half back and bring in Bytel to cover in the midfield playing limited minutes.

Thing with Bytel is he’s had decent AFL time this year, done pretty well, and because he’s a player of the future, no doubt in my mind, then let’s give him a finals taster.

Clark is awesome on the back flank and when he goes inside will impact there too.

My concern is Geary playing back.

Battle in for Carlisle, and most likely Marsh to play a bizarre cult hero man of the match up forward.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Clark already played half back on the weekend though

if we bring in Abbott for any finals game ill spew up ...
honestly dont know why we signed him up in the first place bog average player would have prefered we gave that list spot to another midfielder playing WAFL or SANFL (Jye Bolton ?? )

if we lose Long then we need to replace him with someone who brings physical pressure to the team someone who will lock in hard and lay that bone crunching tackle .. dunno if Sav is that guy Webster prob is ...

Battle hopefully is fit as he is the type we desperatly need a guy who is mobile but can still take a contested mark ...
really we got nothing to lose here no one rates us a chance so all the pressure is on Richmond
We signed him as a back up.

Every club has them.

If Marshall was to roll his ankle in Thursday who else would we bring in?

This isn't how I remember Webster, although granted it's been quite a while now. I remember him being as tough as the come, very dour defender, good versatile size, good speed, decent intercept mark, elite tackling and (most of the time) kicking. Kind of like Gilbert with a better kick. I never thought he was a star, but he was a unanimous best 22 player before the injury troubles came along.
In other words All Australian

Roberton will play I reckon and savage if Long doesn’t win the appeal.

Let’s hope Battle can get up.

Savage for Long is a no brainer. Roberton for Carlisle is a massive risk. Will he stand up after so much missed time? Then again, the alternatives are Marsh (not known as a defender) or a debutant like Claravino, who is a Carlisle lookalike but untried and unknown. Yep, let's hope Battle gets up. He can play anywhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gresham, Battle, Ryder, Long and Carlisle ..... its a big slice of the pie ...flippin hell I don't know! You couldnt blame the Tigers for thinking ita a lay down mizzare......maybe that will be a small benefit to us...but generally you'd have to say we are gonna need a few more prayers and a lot of luck....I really hope that you guys who have the head for selection choices and strategies really believe we have the cattle and a plan to do it....well at least i hope Ratts does.

If he doesn't come in this week then he is dead weight and should be delisted at years end which means we will have to be on the lookout for another ruck. Alabakis is also dead weight and Bell is years away and that's if he even makes it and he probably won't.

Why did we even draft him?

You have been an absolute bloody sad sack today. First you don't rate our rucks outside of Marshall and Ryder (which im positive you wrote Marshall off early last year and Ryder off early this year). Then you have been slagging off hanners and Hill saying how much of a drain on the cap they are.

I'm completely unsure if you even realise we are playing finals for the first time in 9 years. Absolutely amazing. I mean I get that everyone has a right to whinge, but constantly??? You sound like the type of person that finds 20k and still complains about having it...

I'm relatively new here at Big footy but over at Richmond I notice:
1) There's no preview for the semi. They seem to think this game doesn't count
2) They have a thread titled "Opposition observations" marked "no oppos", meaning we are not welcome to comment. Furthermore, they don't even mention the Saints in this game and are talking more about Brisbane (even ignoring the fact they'd have to beat Port, let alone us, to meet Brisbane again!)

Is it just me and my newness or are Richmond full of sh*t?
Some boards don't start their preview thread until later in the week, I'm guessing just to direct most of the conversation into one place until they have moved on from the previous game.

But most Richmond supporters have also got pretty full of themselves in recent years and suddenly think their untouchable despite it not being that long ago that they were perennial losers like us.

Some boards don't start their preview thread until later in the week, I'm guessing just to direct most of the conversation into one place until they have moved on from the previous game.

But most Richmond supporters have also got pretty full of themselves in recent years and suddenly think their untouchable despite it not being that long ago that they were perennial losers like us.
Yep, they've been previewing the game pretty heavily in the autopsy thread with a couple of thousand replies…

Probably don't get out of bed for a semi final these days :p

I am more than happy for most people to write us off, much prefer that than being hyped up all week.

Shame about our outs this week, we match up very well with Richmond.

Yep, they've been previewing the game pretty heavily in the autopsy thread with a couple of thousand replies…

I am more than happy for most people to write us off, much prefer that than being hyped up all week.

I'm really worried about the umpires paying them back for giving lots of frees against them. The media blame the umpires for them losing but think we were just lucky to win.

Nothing would be better than knocking Richmond out in straight sets.

If we can play fast and just keep running, then we are every chance despite what the odds say.

The thing about richmond for me is that they are a really well drilled and have great systems, they have great top end talent but not necesarily strong right across the field… so if their systems start to fall down or they become undisciplined like last week they are vulnerable.

There will be a couple of upgrades from this side, but still a lot of players who aren't world beaters.

Lynch likely to replace Chol and maybe Caddy for Aarts… both of which could be a gamble to re-injure themselves.

Nank has missed plenty of footy this season, if he went down early in the game Marshall would have a field day.

Much prefer to be playing Richmond than Geelong.

RICH_EF_1.jpg

Gresham, Battle, Ryder, Long and Carlisle ..... its a big slice of the pie ...flippin hell I don't know! You couldnt blame the Tigers for thinking ita a lay down mizzare......maybe that will be a small benefit to us...but generally you'd have to say we are gonna need a few more prayers and a lot of luck....I really hope that you guys who have the head for selection choices and strategies really believe we have the cattle and a plan to do it....well at least i hope Ratts does.

What makes it worse about losing that group of players is that they are some of our most physically tough players which we need to beat a team like Richmond who play a tough physical brand of footy.

I still think we can beat them but losing those players turns it from what would've been a 60/40 game in their favour to more like an 80/20 game in their favour.

You would think losing to Brisbane would have knocked some of the arrogance out of Richmond supporters but most of them are still carrying on like their team are world beaters that just had an off night or were robbed by the umpires, it would be hilarious if we beat them as well and knocked them out in straight sets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back