#26 Sam Weideman - traded to Essendon. Adieu

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched most of the game and some of those goals were impressive, but he also spilled a lot more marks (what's new) and North don't really have any KPD. Was often matched up on Hore who's a decent player but probably giving up 5-6cm - and arguably should have kicked closer to 10 with the delivery on offer. Thought Van Rooyen had a more complete game. Still good to put pressure on the seniors though.

Agreed. JVR does look a more complete player, albeit raw. Better aggression in the air and better at ground level.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Neither was McDonald

Kicked 8 goals in 4 games and then because of Jackson being out with covid he was forced to change roles for the game v Hawthorn and then got dropped off the back of that game

McDonald was pretty average that game too
Yeah so he wasn't really that stiff then. He was behind McDonald to begin with. Had one good game 3 average ones. Hardly forced us to keep him in

Yeah so he wasn't really that stiff then. He was behind McDonald to begin with. Had one good game 3 average ones. Hardly forced us to keep him in
McDonald was playing in the 2's

So he was hardly behind him

And tbf McDonald has been pretty poo

McDonald's been good the last couple weeks and he played one VFL game.
he has been ok at best

Kicking 4 yesterday doesn't mean much

But I really don't feel like getting bogged down in an argument over which average KPF should be the 2nd picked

Neither are much good

he has been ok at best

Kicking 4 yesterday doesn't mean much

But I really don't feel like getting bogged down in an argument over which average KPF should be the 2nd picked

Neither are much good
That's all I'm saying though, to get rid of the incumbent you've gotta be better not equally as average.

I dont like the way McDonald plays. Obviously he's on the cusp of selection, so needs to take every oppertunity but i'm not sure he's embodying the team first mantra. That harms goal is a really bad look, and now i see every half oppertunity he has to give it off ignored.

I dont like the way McDonald plays. Obviously he's on the cusp of selection, so needs to take every oppertunity but i'm not sure he's embodying the team first mantra. That harms goal is a really bad look, and now i see every half oppertunity he has to give it off ignored.

You must have been furious when Kozzy stiffed Langdon yesterday.

Let it go, it was one bad moment 2 weeks ago.

In hindsight it was fine what McDonald did. He was running to make sure it went through and by the time he got there trying to let it go would've been the worse/riskier decision.
Good to see Weid get a bag in the VFL. Looked good I thought, was flying against 2 or 3 opponents quite a bit and took some strong grabs and brought it to ground well. Follow up work was pretty good too.

Brown completely stiffed someone when he crumbed and snapped a goal blind. But it went through so no internet heroes talking about selfish he is. It's hilariously stupid to still be on about this weeks later

Last edited:
Gave Brown level contests in the 2nd and 3rd quarter after starting like a house on fire. At least he converted his opportunities tonight but until JVR is ready or we get someone else its just deck chairs on the Titanic.

I get frustrated at players who get constantly out marked in contests like Ben Brown because they are poor with their positioning and weak one on one but I truly despise players that deliberately take short steps to avoid contests and that’s about where Weideman is at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get frustrated at players who get constantly out marked in contests like Ben Brown because they are poor with their positioning and weak one on one but I truly despise players that deliberately take short steps to avoid contests and that’s about where Weideman is at.

Yep , got destroyed on the wing so many times. I mean its our own fault for us making him the bail out option to begin with so I feel harsh blaming Weid, hes just not it, never has been, never will be.

Getting outbodied by Ryan Gardner is just embarrassing.

Shocked Scaredy Cat GIF by TikTok

How’s Richmond falling over Tom Lynch at the end of 18? We desperately need someone like that we can throw a carrot at if we get Jackson off our books.

I’d take Levi Casboult right now. I genuinely would. I’d take him over BB as well.

So long Sam, we hardly knew ye, 'cause you never got a game. Seems like a nice enough guy, hope he kicks on at the Bummers, change of club may do him well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back