AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah your probably right - hope he can fire up and rediscover some of that early season form.
Maybe it’s just the calm before the storm and he’ll come out against his old side and have a blinder..!!

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Only if he is not carrying something significant, hopefully he pushes through.

Marvel on Friday night against his old side is tailor made for a big game!

Still putting in his one third to a half a season. As is the case every year, except maybe 2021.

I maintain that we should have traded him last year. He's incredible when he's on, but goes missing either through form or injury far too often, and I'd argue doesn't fit the club's window.

Having said that, I doubt he'd net enough to warrant a trade now, but I do feel like the club missed an opportunity to offload him to a side happy to pay him for 10 good games a year in return for a pick in the 20s.

VFL watchers; would Voss offer more than Stringer right now, given that Perkins has been taking his midfield minutes?
Not in the slightest. Voss seems to have lost confidence …dropped two sitters yesterday and his last six weeks have been underwhelming

Did not get out of puffer jacket and join in at training on Friday alongside Ridley and Laverde for what it is worth. Might be a bit sore maybe?
On Friday? and then played Saturday night?

They must be on light duties. We know Ridley stuffed his knee last week and Laverde's like he's been in a war zone lately.

Haven't heard anything about Stringer but if he's carrying an injury that might explain it.

On Friday? and then played Saturday night?

They must be on light duties. We know Ridley stuffed his knee last week and Laverde's like he's been in a war zone lately.

Haven't heard anything about Stringer but if he's carrying an injury that might explain it.
On Friday. I honestly don’t know but we did notice those three taking it very easy while everyone else did their thing. Maybe some niggles/ soreness?

This is my favourite part of the Jake Stringer journey, the moment you start to question him he tears a game apart for you.
You watch, 4 goals this weekend and a bunch of clearances and tackles.

Did not get out of puffer jacket and join in at training on Friday alongside Ridley and Laverde for what it is worth. Might be a bit sore maybe?
Something is going on. Has had no midfield minutes in the last 2 games and he is not moving all that well.

VFL watchers; would Voss offer more than Stringer right now, given that Perkins has been taking his midfield minutes?
Not sure he would offer more but if you where looking to rest Stringer for a couple of games then I would say yes give Voss a look.

He was running on the weekend like he had weights in his boots.

Big call given the importance of this game but I'd give him a week off and hopefully he's freshened up a bit for the rest of the run home.

This is my favourite part of the Jake Stringer journey, the moment you start to question him he tears a game apart for you.
You watch, 4 goals this weekend and a bunch of clearances and tackles.
the package essendon GIF by AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We already ask too much of him, for him to do it half cooked has never worked for us.

He’s supposed to be the big physical presence in the forward line laying tackles, the arsey goal talisman, the breakaway hit to player at centre bounces and sometimes the defensive physical presence at stoppage. That’s a lot of hats.

He’s become a far more well rounded player this year but that’s at the expense of some of the Stringer stuff we know and love.

Not the impactful Jake we know last night. Must be bloody hard fronting up knowing you’re injured and likely to have a * game. Then have to log on to BF read the comments 😊

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #25: Jake Stringer - The lo, rumour mill spins

Remove this Banner Ad

Back