Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

What I think we'll see round one, assuming the sub rule stays and everyone is fit.

Ryan Pearce Walker

Clarke Cox Chapman

NOD Young Sharp

Bolton Treacy Switta

Jackson Amiss Freddy

Ruck - Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Int - Fyfe JOM Johnson Sturt

Sub - Walters

What I think we'll see round one, assuming the sub rule stays and everyone is fit.

Ryan Pearce Walker

Clarke Cox Chapman

NOD Young Sharp

Bolton Treacy Switta

Jackson Amiss Freddy

Ruck - Darcy Brayshaw Serong

Int - Fyfe JOM Johnson Sturt

Sub - Walters
Depending on how his preseason goes, I don't see Walters as b23 anymore.

If I was picking the team I'd leave him out but think the club will start the season with JOM, Fyfe and Walters and the likes of Erasmus and Co will need an injury/poor form to get a run.
I think you're right.

We have typically started the season being ultra conservative. After round 1 we have then made changes that really should have been made for round 1.

I think you're right.

We have typically started the season being ultra conservative. After round 1 we have then made changes that really should have been made for round 1.

I hope we go for it from the start of the season rather than the ultra conservative way of the past.
At the best only one of Walters or Fyfe should be in the team. JOM maybe a chance before Walters and Fyfe if his training form is very good.
The greatest respect for Fyfe and Walters, who are true champions of the FFC, however if we are going to push our way high into the top part of the ladder in 2025 we are better off playing Erasmus and Johnson.

Sort of goes with my point though. Part of reason Mundy was so good was how consistently good he was.

But there’s a reason Pavlich and Sandilands have so many All Australians. They were so good compared to others that played their roles that Vic Bias couldn’t rob them. Fyfe won two Brownlows and probably wins a third if not for a BS suspension in 2014.

If you want to see a player underrated on the east coast look no further than McPharlin. I don’t think there was a better KPD in the 5-6 years he was at his best. Our record in finals with vs without him speaks for itself.
I’ll go another.
Dawson was significantly underrated on here.

He played in all the final series and effectively blanketed his opponents in that time. Didn’t have McPharlin in 2012 finals.

I don't think we're playing Cox, Pearce, Chapman, Ryan and Draper together. It's too tall. Draper is at Peel unless we have an injury IMO, and even then Oscar McDonald probably plays before him.
No way. Draper's improvement over the last 12 months has been insane. Playing him back and moving Chapman (replacing O'Meara) to the wing brings athleticism and more defensive accountability. Plus if he plays second tall Cox can play more of an intercept role but Josh can also play on quick leading small forwards.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2025 Best 22 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back